Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Unless we come up with a few million to donate to the hockey program, I have zero influence who the new coach will be. So it's not something to worry about, IMHO.

Speaking of Mel- it has been really nice to run into him at the last two FF's- and my dad (a Tech grad) got to meet and talk with him this year. Mel's a great and gracious guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
      Promote Billy Powers and move on. Mel signed a 5 year extension last year, wakes up everyday on a beautiful lake, and wants to win a national championship at Tech. Life is good.
      It's completely evident that Tech isn't that great of a school. This is known by reading your response, you did not answer one thing that I asked. I even said that I doubt it happens but you still brought-out your big guns of personal opinion. Why?
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

The $5 million a year thing was a joke, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
          The $5 million a year thing was a joke, right?
          I phrased it wrong, isn't he making $5 Million over 5 years (so $1 Million a year)? Although now after signing that extension it's 10 years. I'm not positive on the exact monetary amount although I am certain that there is a Michigan clause in the contract that says if Michigan gives Tech $1 Million that they can have Mel.

Yea $5 Million a year would put him in Harbaugh territory and that isn't gonna happen.
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            I phrased it wrong, isn't he making $5 Million over 5 years (so $1 Million a year)? Although now after signing that extension it's 10 years. I'm not positive on the exact monetary amount although I am certain that there is a Michigan clause in the contract that says if Michigan gives Tech $1 Million that they can have Mel.

Yea $5 Million a year would put him in Harbaugh territory and that isn't gonna happen.
            Prior to the extension, he was making 275,000/year plus a retention bonus of 125,000 for each year he remained. Mel owes the bonus back if he leaves, not Michigan paying Tech.

The new 5 year extension has not been disclosed.

Tech is a great school, great community, Mel is having the time of his life and would leave Tech totally devastated if he chose to leave for Michigan.

Comment

Who are you bringing in this year? Seems like you're going to lose Miletic to the OHL, but I don't know if he was coming in. I see you at 14F and 9D if Murphy comes in and Werenski stays.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                Who are you bringing in this year? Seems like you're going to lose Miletic to the OHL, but I don't know if he was coming in. I see you at 14F and 9D if Murphy comes in and Werenski stays.
                Miletic was 16-17. Not sure how the class will officially shake out with fewer depth/role players recruited. An expected downgrade at forward, upgrade at defense and goalie will remain an inconsistency until proven otherwise.

Three critical forwards have left, one to graduation and two to the NHL.
                Larkin - Kyle Connor (expected mid-first round pick)
                Copp - Brendan Warren NTDP
                Hyman - Cooper Marody or Murphy

Two depth forwards also graduated in Lynch and Sinelli. It is possible for one d-man to convert to F this season to fill out a roster with 15 F and 8D.

Defense:
                Serville - Nick Boka NTDP
                M Chiasson - Joe Cecconi USHL

Unless Michigan adds new depth type recruits, there are few candidates to join the team in the short-term as the rest of the verbals are 98's or younger and still in high school.

The Big Ten continues to be in short supply of high-end talents.

Comment

I noticed you have a single game with Ferris State this year. Is this going to be sponsored by the USA Hockey Hall of Fame? Only reason I ask is because I see Mercyhurst and Niagara both being home weekends, and if it isn't, that would put you one game over the limit, unless one of those series is going to be one game.

Comment

Prior to the extension, he was making 275,000/year plus a retention bonus of 125,000 for each year he remained. Mel owes the bonus back if he leaves, not Michigan paying Tech.

The new 5 year extension has not been disclosed.

Tech is a great school, great community, Mel is having the time of his life and would leave Tech totally devastated if he chose to leave for Michigan.
                    I stand corrected, AGAIN.

Comment

Promote Billy Powers and move on. Mel signed a 5 year extension last year, wakes up everyday on a beautiful lake, and wants to win a national championship at Tech. Life is good.
                      I don't see Mel leaving Houghton. But we'll give you Anastos..........No?.....Darn.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        It's completely evident that Tech isn't that great of a school. This is known by reading your response, you did not answer one thing that I asked. I even said that I doubt it happens but you still brought-out your big guns of personal opinion. Why?
                        Because this entire line of thinking is just trying to bait Tech fans into doing exactly what you chastised him for. And only an arrogant a s s (but one who would have expected to be able to spell the word "pompous" that you mangled in an earlier post) would judge an entire school on three sentences that you yourself trolled out in the first place.

Comment

So the full schedule is out- http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...key-sched.html

Some good OC games, but some not so interesting ones, too.

Comment

I have a very bad feeling this is gonna be another **** poor year.

If Michigan loses ONE of those eight games against that awful group of misfits that need the paycheck, their RPI (no pun intended) will take a huge hit.

Lest we forget how bad the B1G is where one loss to anyone but Minnesota can kill your RPI. Let's say Michigan does beat all 8 of those teams. What do they gain? Nothing. If anything, it hurts them.

Thanks a lot, Dave. Just had to try to zoom the small in-state schools. Now we're the ones paying the price while you go ruin Toys R Us.
                            ---
                            National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                            19 Conference Championships
                            10 Conference Tournament Championships
                            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                              I have a very bad feeling this is gonna be another **** poor year.

If Michigan loses ONE of those eight games against that awful group of misfits that need the paycheck, their RPI (no pun intended) will take a huge hit.

Lest we forget how bad the B1G is where one loss to anyone but Minnesota can kill your RPI. Let's say Michigan does beat all 8 of those teams. What do they gain? Nothing. If anything, it hurts them.

Thanks a lot, Dave. Just had to try to zoom the small in-state schools. Now we're the ones paying the price while you go ruin Toys R Us.
                              7 not-so-hot games, Union is actually good. They won the NC two years ago, granted most of that team is gone now (and they are unranked) but I don't think they are that bad. The BU series, on the road, looks like a prime opportunity to gain a very quality road win (they have to still win though and that'll be a challenge).

Comment

This is total and complete disrespect! They spelled Coach Berenson's real first name incorrectly.

http://www.ncaa.com/history/icehockey-men/d1

Comment

Working...
                                X