Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    For the record, the reason I asked was because:

a) it is stupendously dumb thinking Eichel might come back
    and
    b) someone floated Quinn's name in regard to the Sharks opening. http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-t...aching-search/

Interesting I guess.
    Any stupider than being shocked that every freshman class isn't chock full of 6 all-Americans like up the road?!?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Any stupider than being shocked that every freshman class isn't chock full of 6 all-Americans like up the road?!?
      Much dumber.

And really, just make the fillers on the recruiting classes D1 caliber and I'll be happy from now on.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

a) it is stupendously dumb thinking Eichel might come back.
        Yeah, What Nick said.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          We already lost the AD last summer.
          i think we survived that OK

Comment

Re: BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

b) someone floated Quinn's name in regard to the Sharks opening. http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-t...aching-search/
            The Kid also floated it. A whole lot of hooey.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

and

Interesting I guess.
              Until Doug Wilson leaves, that is a terrible job to take. The wrong guy left town when McLellan left.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

and

Interesting I guess.
                Has anyone heard any indication that Quinn wanted to go to the NHL? I had heard a lot of things indicating that he wanted to stay at BU -- there's stability there, a shorter schedule, he's an alum and loves the school. I also remember him saying that when he was an assistant in the pro ranks, he wasn't really able to fraternize with his former players, and he missed that.
                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  there is almost zero point in having this discussion. Does anyone honestly think there is any real chance he stays?
                  If he got drafted by Edmonton prior to the reorganization then I thought there was a good chance he'd stay.

Now, not a chance.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    If he were to come back, I have to think we would be pre-season #1, especially if O'Regan and Oksanen come back. Without him, still possibly Top-5, though I could see 6-10 range, given the goalie situation (not bad, just somewhat unknown). I'm excited to see what JFK, Greenway, Letunov and Carpenter can do at this level. There will certainly be some competition for roster spots at forward again. We lose two and gain 4 legit recruits (I may be excluding some as well).
                    A friend who is a D3 college coach said that Greenway is the real deal, and could have the biggest impact of any incoming freshmen in college hockey.

I said, "like Eichel?"

He said, "Different type player, but could have a similar impact."

If he is even close, I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                      A friend who is a D3 college coach said that Greenway is the real deal, and could have the biggest impact of any incoming freshmen in college hockey.

I said, "like Eichel?"

It would certainly seem our team in 15-16 is shaping up to be much more of a balanced attack, as opposed to stockpiled offensive firepower at the top 6. Might look a little like the skaters North Dakota had this season. Of course, we still need to hear the status of Ahti and Danny's return. But even without Jack, there's reason to be optimistic for this coming year's group.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Rumor I heard was that Quinn already turned down SJ. No proof for it, just gossip FWIW.
                        http://www.travisroyfoundation.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                          Has anyone heard any indication that Quinn wanted to go to the NHL? I had heard a lot of things indicating that he wanted to stay at BU -- there's stability there, a shorter schedule, he's an alum and loves the school. I also remember him saying that when he was an assistant in the pro ranks, he wasn't really able to fraternize with his former players, and he missed that.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

I said, "like Eichel?"

Um, no.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Um, no.
                              "Similar impact" is a wide range. Could very well just mean 'best player on his team' and not 'hobey baker winner'.

Ya know

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                "Similar impact" is a wide range. Could very well just mean 'best player on his team' and not 'hobey baker winner'.

Ya know
                                For what it's worth, Eichel had a similar impact as baillergeronwneonenen is that both led the team in scoring as freshmen!

Comment

Working...
                                X