Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

Oh no we stink again!!!!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I agree. While perhaps it may start that way, I"m hopeful that Letunov will be on the top two lines by mid-season.
      Exactly. I'd expect Quinn to go with experience on the top lines to start the season, just as he did last season. If Letunov and/or Greenway move up to the top lines by December, that'll be a very good sign.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Could certainly be proven wrong on greer but taking him that high after a 7 point freshman season, seems like a gamble to me.
        Yeah...kinda like trading away good players for nothing. Like...Kessel, Sequin, Boychuk, Hamilton...................................

Comment

Cool video. Gonna miss rooting for him.

https://youtu.be/f7dVyzs0w4A
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Oh no we stink again!!!!!
            Surrender now or suffer eternal mockery.
            1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Cool video. Gonna miss rooting for him.

https://youtu.be/f7dVyzs0w4A
              I think many Boston people will now be rooting for Buffalo given the dumpster fire that the Bruins have become.

I know it's because of how spectacular both Jack and Connor McDavid are - generational players blah blah blah - but was there this much hype when Ricky DiPietro went #1 overall???

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I think many Boston people will now be rooting for Buffalo given the dumpster fire that the Bruins have become.

I know it's because of how spectacular both Jack and Connor McDavid are - generational players blah blah blah - but was there this much hype when Ricky DiPietro went #1 overall???
                No there wasn't. My recollection is that the "DiPietro for #1" hype was late arriving, and sort of built up and up of the last couple months leading to the draft. Remember that because of the old rules, he had to essentially declare for the draft - I think since he was an NCAA player and was 18. So once he did that, things started ramping up. Then some crazy owner decided to trade Luongo to Florida and pick Ricky #1. Unfortunately, a recent ranking I saw labeled him as one of the worst #1's of all time (along with Daigle and Stefan).
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

i was at a wedding sunday and a couple at our table is very close to Eichel's family and to Jack obviously as well. After a few beers, not sure if the couple's son or nephew were close friends with him but anyhoo I asked her why he chose BU when he grew up a BC fan (yes, that is true). She said THE reason was Jack Parker . I'm like, geez, Jack Parker or Jerry York, let me see.... but yes, it was because of Jack, no question she said

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    i was at a wedding sunday and a couple at our table is very close to Eichel's family and to Jack obviously as well. After a few beers, not sure if the couple's son or nephew were close friends with him but anyhoo I asked her why he chose BU when he grew up a BC fan (yes, that is true). She said THE reason was Jack Parker . I'm like, geez, Jack Parker or Jerry York, let me see.... but yes, it was because of Jack, no question she said
                    You keep this up and your igles fan club card may get revoked!

Comment

Old, senile people need to be loved too you know mookie!
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Sterlippo isn't older than five hole or profromdover, is he?!?!?

Comment

hahahaha, i had to ask her twice because i couldnt believe it. JP was criticized when it was said somewhere that he was taking credit for Eichel going to BU but she said in no uncertain terms it was because of Parker

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Me or JP ?

Sterlippo isn't older than five hole or profromdover, is he?!?!?
                          No, he's not.............at least i dont think so (BC '78)

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            No, he's not.............at least i dont think so (BC '78)
                            Dude... I believe we're the same age. You just look MUCH older.

The pro shouldn't even be in this conversation. He's a fossil.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

At least one source on twitter saying Eichel will sign today.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                At least one source on twitter saying Eichel will sign today.
                                Gave up hoping after his performance in the World's. Good luck, Jack, in BUffalo.

John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross 20m20 minutes ago

With Jack Eichel signing with the Sabres today, BU coach David Quinn just texted me, "I'm going to become a worse coach today."
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X