Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHdgDJHgbkM

Someone didn't tell Moccia it was a charity game, lol. Some straight up robberies. He was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mxPaoZch18

Final video. Coyle's hat-trick ENG.
    Last edited by slasher911; 07-17-2015, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• Re: BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

BU Hockey has a new strength and conditioning coach, succeeding Anthony Morando. Sean Skahan, who like Morando is a Mike Boyle disciple, spent the past 13 seasons as S&C coach for the Anaheim Ducks. While an undergrad at UMass-Boston, he interned at BU and for Boyle's MBSC and later was an assistant S&C coach at BC. Worked with Nick Bonino during his years with the Ducks.

Nick Bonino ‏@NickBonino 13h13 hours ago
      Congratulations to @SeanSkahan on his new gig at Boston University! Glad he finally realized which Boston school is the best! #GoBU
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

JJ Piccinich to OHL. After a disappointing Freshman year, I was looking forward to seeing his production improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          JJ Piccinich to OHL. After a disappointing Freshman year, I was looking forward to seeing his production improve.

Where there is smoke there is fire, but for what it is worth that article is just quoting two of the tweets from yesterday (and the two tweets are contradicting each other).

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            Where there is smoke there is fire, but for what it is worth that article is just quoting two of the tweets from yesterday (and the two tweets are contradicting each other).
            OK. My work internet is blocking that link.

Comment

Me too. But my work's firewall blocks everything it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                I thought Piccinich struggled with the transition to the college game last season when he cracked the lineup. He was given opportunities to play a top-6 role in a few games, but he simply wasn't productive regardless of where he was in the lineup. He definitely would have benefited from spending another season in the USHL.

My impression is Piccinich is a "tweener" player -- not quite skilled, fast, strong, big nor physical enough to really distinguish himself in any of those areas. If he struggled to crack BU's lineup last season, I'm not sure how jumping ship to London will be a better development path for him because he would have had 3 more years at BU to develop, and would have been given more opportunities (assuming he put forth the effort) to earn a regular spot.

I wish Piccinich well; however, I think he would have been better off returning to the USHL because he would've played a prominent role in Youngstown (esp. w/ Kyle Connor and Max Letunov moving on to the college ranks) and kept more doors open (return to BU, transfer to another program, etc.).
                Last edited by Friend_of_BU_Hockey; 07-23-2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Given the significant uptick in BU recruiting, the biggest challenges for the BU coaching staff will be managing the expectations and egos of the players (and their parents).

Comment

I think we know what the D looks like after the injury to Grizz. Best guesses on what four lines look like as of today?

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                      I think we know what the D looks like after the injury to Grizz. Best guesses on what four lines look like as of today?
                      Quick stab:
                      1-Oksanen-Baillargeon-O'Regan
                      2-Lane-Letunov-Greer
                      3-Greenway-JFK-Olsson
                      4-Carpenter-Moran-Roberto
                      5-Phelps-Lawrence-Kelley

Letunov and JFK are interchangeable with each other, as are Carpenter and Phelps.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                        Quick stab:
                        1-Oksanen-Baillargeon-O'Regan
                        2-Lane-Letunov-Greer
                        3-Greenway-JFK-Olsson
                        4-Carpenter-Moran-Roberto
                        5-Phelps-Lawrence-Kelley

Letunov and JFK are interchangeable with each other, as are Carpenter and Phelps.
                        Don't forget Cloonan. Will be interesting to see what his skill level is.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          I had heard rumblings about this. Great opportunity for McAvoy to win a spot...

To win a spot? I assume you mean pp. Chances of him coming to BU and staying if he doesn't dress first gm is zero.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            It will be interesting to see where he ends up. I would imagine most teams are pretty much set at this late date. He's a '94 so I don't believe another year of juniors is an option.
                            Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch
                            94 F Sean Mactavish commits to Anchorage. Former AJHL stand-out scorer had been committed to BU previously. Nice pull out of @USHL for UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch
                              94 F Sean Mactavish commits to Anchorage. Former AJHL stand-out scorer had been committed to BU previously. Nice pull out of @USHL for UAA.
                              In a recent interview on The Pipeline Show, MacTavish said Quinn and the BU coaches were helping him to find a new landing spot. Parker had done the same thing in a couple of instance, one being with Russ Bartlett, a good scorer who simply refused to play the body. JP helped him land at St. Lawrence with his close friend Joe Marsh.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                In a recent interview on The Pipeline Show, MacTavish said Quinn and the BU coaches were helping him to find a new landing spot. Parker had done the same thing in a couple of instance, one being with Russ Bartlett, a good scorer who simply refused to play the body. JP helped him land at St. Lawrence with his close friend Joe Marsh.
                                No way! Parker was evil! He didn't relate to his players! Nobody liked him!

Comment

Working...
                                X