Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hockey Dogg View Post
    Rumor I heard was that Quinn already turned down SJ. No proof for it, just gossip FWIW.
    Well, that and SJ is going to hire DeBoer after numerous names were floated as their options. Don't think anything with SJ and Quinn happened beyond a feller phone call. Terrible job to take right now in SJ.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
      It's not everything. How much was Parker pulling in his final years?
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Re: BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

I watched Greenway in the U18 Tourney and was not impressed. Even the Scouts were saying his draft status was dropping.
        Boston University Hockey
        NCAA Champions - 71-72-78-95-09
        NCAA Final Four - 50-51-53-60-66-67-71-72
        74-75-76-77-78-90-91-93-94-95-96-97-09
        ECAC Champions - 72-74-75-76-77
        Hockey East Champions - 86-91-94-95-97-06-09
        Beanpot Champions - 58-66-67-68-70-71-72-73
        75-78-79-82-86-87-90-91-92-95-96-97-98-99-00-02-03-05-06-07-09

Comment

Re: BU 2015 Offseason Thread-To quote The Clash - Should he stay or should he go?

bu3puckster, you need to update your signature file.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Saw on Twitter that former Terrier John Hynes may be named head coach of the NJ Devils. That's pretty cool. Lots of former Terriers in the pro/college/prep school ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by bu3puckster View Post
              I watched Greenway in the U18 Tourney and was not impressed. Even the Scouts were saying his draft status was dropping.
              Not a surprise to hear of his stock dropping. Just based on numbers, it seemed like this past year may not have been as prolific as he may have hoped. That said, development of big players seems to sometimes stall, perhaps as they adjust to their own growth. Hopefully, he also worked on other facets of his game. Either way, I'm glad he is coming to BU.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Not a surprise to hear of his stock dropping. Just based on numbers, it seemed like this past year may not have been as prolific as he may have hoped. That said, development of big players seems to sometimes stall, perhaps as they adjust to their own growth. Hopefully, he also worked on other facets of his game. Either way, I'm glad he is coming to BU.
                Jimmy Hayes stalled for a bit as a tweener (age based) on a few teams the season before arriving at BC. He did alright.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  Despite dropping from #22 in the Central Scouting midterms to #47 in the final ranking, Greenway earned an invite to this week's NHL Combine in Buffalo. Eichel, Greer and JFK also invited, among the 25 NCAA connected skaters. After a relatively strong U17 year, Greenway was slowed by an injury early this season and, when he returned, his points came primarily on assists. OK numbers (9-35-44 in 53 games), but there had been lofty expectations. Quinn reportedly believes Greenway has a big upside and, with Greer, Olsson and Phelps returning on the left side, there shouldn't be pressure on Greenway to provide instant impact. Should be interesting to see if Quinn, O'Connell, Greeley and Young can help him regain top prospect status.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    Despite dropping from #22 in the Central Scouting midterms to #47 in the final ranking, Greenway earned an invite to this week's NHL Combine in Buffalo. Eichel, Greer and JFK also invited, among the 25 NCAA connected skaters. After a relatively strong U17 year, Greenway was slowed by an injury early this season and, when he returned, his points came primarily on assists. OK numbers (9-35-44 in 53 games), but there had been lofty expectations. Quinn reportedly believes Greenway has a big upside and, with Greer, Olsson and Phelps returning on the left side, there shouldn't be pressure on Greenway to provide instant impact. Should be interesting to see if Quinn, O'Connell, Greeley and Young can help him regain top prospect status.
                    Speaking of Greer, he certainly elevated his play in the postseason. I'm really excited to see him further elevate his play in 2015-16.

If Greenway shows continued improvement in his game as the season progresses, I think he could be a real good one for BU going forward.

Comment

Good news: John Hynes named Devils head coach.

Sad news: Two-time All-American and Hall of Fame center on the '60s Pinball Line Herb Wakabayashi passed away today.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        Good news: John Hynes named Devils head coach.

Sad news: Two-time All-American and Hall of Fame center on the '60s Pinball Line Herb Wakabayashi passed away today.
                        Oh, that's so sad. Never met the guy or saw him play but always loved his name.

Rogie - small question on your blog, and this could be incorrect on my part, but I notice all over. Your headline on John Hynes calls him an ex-Terrier. I just think that sounds negative. Can't you just call him a Terrier? He is one. He didn't quit or get traded. Maybe former Terrier? What do you all think the proper term should be for a player that graduated? Or rather, just played? And this isn't just calling you out. All college players, once they leave, are referred to in different ways.

Comment

How about their class year?

Jack Eichel '18 was taken 2nd in the NHL draft tonight.

Herb Wakabayashi '66 passed away today.

John Hynes '94 was named HC of the NJD today.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Oh, that's so sad. Never met the guy or saw him play but always loved his name.

Rogie - small question on your blog, and this could be incorrect on my part, but I notice all over. Your headline on John Hynes calls him an ex-Terrier. I just think that sounds negative. Can't you just call him a Terrier? He is one. He didn't quit or get traded. Maybe former Terrier? What do you all think the proper term should be for a player that graduated? Or rather, just played? And this isn't just calling you out. All college players, once they leave, are referred to in different ways.
                            I like former Terrier. So, should we reserving using ex-Terrier for those that finished their collegiate careers at a different school? Or should be be nice and also call them former Terriers?

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              How about their class year?

Jack Eichel '18 was taken 2nd in the NHL draft tonight.

Herb Wakabayashi '66 passed away today.

John Hynes '94 was named HC of the NJD today.
                              To hard to get the class correct (Herb was a member of the class of 1969).

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                I like former Terrier. So, should we reserving using ex-Terrier for those that finished their collegiate careers at a different school? Or should be be nice and also call them former Terriers?
                                I agree, Sean. Cannot use "ex" and "former" interchangeably. Thanks for making the point, Scarlet. Hynes headline now corrected.

Re Wakabayashi: I hold Herb responsible for igniting my nearly five-decade addiction to BU hockey. I can still remember the first game I saw at Boston Arena (now Matthews) and being mesmerized watching Herb--all of five foot five--throwing the puck around with his Pinball Line mates, Mickey Gray and Serge Boily (and sometimes the equally tiny Eddie Wright).

Comment

Working...
                                X