USA Hockey Womens U18 Select 66 Camp Invites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nyhockey19 View Post
    Full Roster up at the USA hockey website.
    Some surprises there and not there
    At least 8 from Shattuck.

Comment

Re: USA Hockey Womens U18 Select 66 Camp Invites

Originally posted by Wayoflife View Post
      At least 8 from Shattuck.
      And by my count 28 of 66 (42%) are from Minnesota.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by d2d View Post
        and by my count 28 of 66 (42%) are from minnesota.
        WESTERN BIAS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          And by my count 28 of 66 (42%) are from Minnesota.
          They way it should be, the Minny system produces the best talent at the most affordable cost and with the most balance to the kid! There should be more kids from MN but USA Hockey being "PC" needs to keep the districts happy and oh yeah Shattuck too.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
            They way it should be, the Minny system produces the best talent at the most affordable cost and with the most balance to the kid! There should be more kids from MN but USA Hockey being "PC" needs to keep the districts happy and oh yeah Shattuck too.
            Please.
            Minnesota certainly produces the best and the most great girl players, but if anything they received too many selections. I know plenty of kids who play with my daughter who are at the same level or above as numerous of the selections 23-28 from Minnesota.

Comment

I also know quite a few players better than one of the selections from Mass. The girl in question is slow. She was average at her Prep School this year. You had to actually work very hard to pick her out. Very good hands, but she will be out of place in Maine IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by BCAlum View Post
                Please.
                Minnesota certainly produces the best and the most great girl players, but if anything they received too many selections. I know plenty of kids who play with my daughter who are at the same level or above as numerous of the selections 23-28 from Minnesota.
                I have questions...

Who determines the numbering order for Minnesota? So for example who is selection 23, 24, and so on?

Is number 23 the point where Minnesota has received too many selections or is it a bit before or after that? This part wasn't entirely clear to me with the phrase "numerous of the selections".

How do you do it? I mean, to have such a grasp of the talent level of the Minnesota kids is very impressive.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Please.
                  I bet there are plenty of parents in MN saying the same thing.

who is #28 and on the team and who is #29 and off it is in the eye of the beholder
                  Last edited by pokechecker; 06-26-2015, 11:30 AM. Reason: gotta fill in the gaps for the slower members

Comment

Please.
                    so we can assume your daughter is the 2000 you posted earlier?

Comment

I also know quite a few players better than one of the selections from Mass. The girl in question is slow. She was average at her Prep School this year. You had to actually work very hard to pick her out. Very good hands, but she will be out of place in Maine IMHO.
                      Maybe you shouldn't be obvious, Doing the trail of your posts.....Not hard to guess who you are. Just stop, you know she should be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
                        so we can assume your daughter is the 2000 you posted earlier?
                        Actually not...the player lives around the corner from me and neither parent is a BC alum.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          I have questions...

Who determines the numbering order for Minnesota? So for example who is selection 23, 24, and so on?

Is number 23 the point where Minnesota has received too many selections or is it a bit before or after that? This part wasn't entirely clear to me with the phrase "numerous of the selections".

How do you do it? I mean, to have such a grasp of the talent level of the Minnesota kids is very impressive.
                          I have gone to the last 4 hockey nationals and attended numerous NDCs and many many other tournaments. I have a good idea on the overall talent gap between Minnesota and the rest of the country. It's not no great that the rest of the country should get only a little more than half of the slots. Also Minnesota posted 22 player originally. I profess to not know the difference between 22 and 28, but while Minnesota is by far the best producer of women's players, 28 of 66 is insane. At least based on my eyes.
                          Last edited by BCAlum; 06-27-2015, 07:25 AM.

Comment

but while Minnesota is by far the best producer of women's players, 28 of 66 is insane.
                            28 of 66 is 42%
                            FWIW
                            According to the D1 commitment threads here
                            2014-15 D1 commitments-36% were from MN
                            2013-14-35% were from MN
                            2015-16 as of Jan 6-28% were from MN

Comment

I have gone to the last 4 hockey nationals and attended numerous NDCs and many many other tournaments. I have a good idea on the overall talent gap between Minnesota and the rest of the country. It's not no great that the rest of the country should get only a little more than half of the slots. Also Minnesota posted 22 player originally. I profess to not know the difference between 22 and 28, but while Minnesota is by far the best producer of women's players, 28 of 66 is insane. At least based on my eyes.
                              Given that, which MN players would you have replaced with which non-MN players? Specifics about why would make the discussion more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                                Given that, which MN players would you have replaced with which non-MN players? Specifics about why would make the discussion more interesting.
                                Hopefully, this will go unanswered. Do we really need to detract from the accomplishments of people who are still in high school? It is one thing to do so as part of a discussion to benefit the USA Hockey process; however, this doesn't seem like the place nor audience.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X