• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poser of the Year -- History

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Thirded
    Fourthed.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't understand what's going on?

I mean, even more than usual?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Am I the only one who doesn't understand what's going on?

I mean, even more than usual?
        Priceless quit USCHO. He was thinking about it, then read Uncle Ray's little bit of vitriol/snark/whatever, and decided that it was a sign from God or something that he should act upon the impulse.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Priceless quit USCHO. He was thinking about it, then read Uncle Ray's little bit of awesome, and decided that it was a sign from God or something that he should act upon the impulse.
          Fixed your post.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Fixed your post.

You two are two of the biggest *holes I've ever seen.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Apparently message boards are serious business.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                All of teh interwebz r srs bsns.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  When somebody posts something like this:

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  To clear the air:
                  I said during the whole Ferguson debate that there were times I get so riled up by discussions that I don't like what I'm saying anymore and will take time off. I have done that a few times. I do not "Take my ball and go home."
                  One poster suggested I kill myself. He wasn't kidding. He wasn't joking around. He was serious. It just so happens that at the time he said that I was having a nasty reaction to some new medication for headaches. The last thing I needed was some ******* telling me I should kill myself. That's when I deleted a bunch of threads, left a farewell message in the Extras thread and a note on the printer for my mom. Fortunately the pills I took were not lethal and Parkview Hospital brought me back. As I said many time to many therapists over the next year, it doesn't make sense that I would try that when I had worked so hard to recover from this dammed tumor.

It was the following year that I did in fact get a job online - moderating this forum. I am not sure how much longer I'll be doing that. I am seeing the doctor later today because I still am suffering from these headaches and what only a few people know is that I have now developed a precursor to cancer. The odds that I actually get cancer are slim, but they exist. And I still have this tumor.

Didn't mean to rant, but I figure if people are going to speculate about it, I may as well come out with the truth. I also hope my story serves as a reminder that there are real people out here who suffer from depression, even if we joke around a lot. Guys, make sure you get all those "-oscopies" your doctor advises because you never know when they'l find something.
                  It is.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Not related to PoTY, but this happened quite a few years back, and a VERY respected poster, who knew more about hockey (and had soooooo many stories) than any of us, quit. Someone started harassing him via email and on the board, and he quit. I had the honor (yes, it was an honor, he was rather selective of who he met from the board before any of the harassment happened) of meeting him. Still wish he would come back.

RIP the posting career of Puck Swami.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        You two are two of the biggest *holes I've ever seen.
                        Are you including me?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                          Which was several decades too short.
                          Seconded.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Are you including me?
                            No sir.

Red Cloud and UncleRay.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

What Priceless is going through with his health is truly horrifying and I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Making jest of it is lower than low. And is completely unacceptable. But his medical condition is completely irrelevant to his general demeanor, which I find to be condescending, demeaning, and with a know-it-all attitude. I understand that some people like that. Personally, I don't. His intolerant views (from the supposedly tolerant side of politics) of religion and of people who have beliefs other than his own I really dislike. Of course, that makes him like many others here. And if they, too, disappeared from USCHO i wouldn't lose any sleep either. I wish him no ill will, I just detest the holier-than-thou, I'm-right-and-you're-stupid attitude that is so pervasive from ALL SIDES these days. Hear this, too: I don't miss Old Pio one little bit. Same coin, different side.
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

You are a jack ***.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X