X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 World Championship Thread

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    PM me for a solution.
    Thanks but it's ok. Odds I get to watch most of the games are low and I'm happy DVR'ing the US games and watching them later. Thanks though.
    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
    Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Are you in a different country? It says it's blocked in the US.

I'm trying to watch some of the other games and those are also blocked, which is stupid. NBCSN is only playing US games despite holding the rights, so I'm blacked out of the rest of the tournament?
      Yeah, I'm at a Kung Fu training center in Thailand right now. Sorry about the block...ridiculous. I'm accessing free streams from websites with servers outside of the US and can see all the games. I think it might work for you too. Check your messages.

Comment

The fact that you are in a Kung fu training center in Thailand is good enough for me. Say hi to Carradine, well, maybe not.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Also, I hope these highlight guys aren't actually announcing the games. Nice comeback by Canada today against Sweden. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJwktPwzyiE
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
            Yeah, I'm at a Kung Fu training center in Thailand right now. Sorry about the block...ridiculous. I'm accessing free streams from websites with servers outside of the US and can see all the games. I think it might work for you too. Check your messages.
            Note to self... be Harley's friend
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
              Do you have to be a member to get messages? Because I'm not seeing anything.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Do you have to be a member to get messages? Because I'm not seeing anything.
                I believe Spartan means your rep.

Comment

I could only watch the 3rd period but that's probably a good thing. USA loses 5-2 to Belarus.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Oops.

Although I did see that Belarus was in the middle of the pack, so they apparently aren't terrible.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      Oops.

Although I did see that Belarus was in the middle of the pack, so they apparently aren't terrible.
                      They're actually ahead of us in the standings now, so I'd say they aren't, too.

There's a bit of a logjam going here; if Finland beats Slovenia (probably will, too), this will be a dogfight in the last three games; 10-9-9-9-7.

Comment

What a strange US team. Beats Finland 5-1 and Russia 4-2, but only beats Norway by a goal and then gets blown out by Belarus. Belarus is in control of their own destiny, with Russia and Finland left to play, as well as a perceived automatic win against Norway.

Slovenia, unfortunately, looks headed to relegation after making it to the Championship division for the first time.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

What a strange US team. Beats Finland 5-1 and Russia 4-2, but only beats Norway by a goal and then gets blown out by Belarus. Belarus is in control of their own destiny, with Russia and Finland left to play, as well as a perceived automatic win against Norway.

Slovenia, unfortunately, looks headed to relegation after making it to the Championship division for the first time.
                          personally, I don't like the idea of automatic relegation for last place... I'm sure they don't do "play outs" for a reason but I'd prefer they do that with the bottom two from each group (results carried forward) than dropping the last place in each group.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                            personally, I don't like the idea of automatic relegation for last place... I'm sure they don't do "play outs" for a reason but I'd prefer they do that with the bottom two from each group (results carried forward) than dropping the last place in each group.
                            Technically there is a play out... you "play out" the round robin. Also, it's the bottom two teams overall; they can be from the same group, and probably will be this year.

In all seriousness, though, it is quite tough when you're on the teeter-totter: Too good for the lower division, but not good enough to survive the upper division. Clubs (or in this case, countries) usually don't want to shell out the funds when you're in a lower level, and you end up getting stuck once you're promoted and pretty much doomed to relegation, because the funding (or talent) just isn't there. Throwing more games at the situation usually just delays the inevitable, and there's no sense in creating more misery.

Comment

USA 1, Denmark 0. 1st period scoreless, Brock Nelson has the only goal after 2 periods (18 SOG in 2nd!!). USA is clearly faster and more skilled but Denmark's D has been good.

Must win for USA to stay in the hunt for #1 in Group B.

Comment

Hellebuyck spoils a Dane breakaway. 17 min left in 3rd, 1-0 USA

Comment

Working...
                                X