X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cops 2: Pay No Attention to the Rioters Behind the Curtain

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    You really call this obeying the law?

Also, found this. The cops allegedly didn't need probable cause? Any of the lawyers here know what case is being referenced, and if it can even be applied? The lawyer in the article works for the police union, so I'm not about to just take his word for it, since it doesn't seem right to me.
    Reasonable suspicion allows the initial stop. Probable cause is necessary for the arrest.

He's phrasing it inarticulately, but my guess is he's going for the "it's illegal to resist even an illegal arrest" scenario. When Grey fled that potentially could be seen as something like interference with official acts or resisting arrest or some other offense of a similar nature, which then gave the cops probable cause to arrest him at that point even if they didn't have anything on him originally.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      At the time he was obeying the law. There was no probable cause. I don't care what his rap sheet was. The police are supposed to need probable cause to stop you. Or do you want to do away with that legal requirement?
      Did you read the second article? Someone thinks we already have done away with it...

And just so you aren't confused, I'm not defending the cops in this instance.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Did you read the second article? Someone thinks we already have done away with it...

And just so you aren't confused, I'm not defending the cops in this instance.
        I remember in the first story I posted on this subject even the police department said the police officer did not have sufficient cause to make the stop.

Comment

I'm not defending the cops in this instance.
          Nobody has that I've read, yet that isn't stopping certain folks from crying wolf.

Don't look now but CNN reporting on a couple of positive gatherings that are going on.

Reporters on scene and live coverage no less!
          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 04-28-2015, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Nobody has that I've read, yet that isn't stopping certain folks from crying wolf.

Don't look now but CNN reporting on a couple of positive gatherings that are going on.

Reporters on scene and live coverage no less!
            Msnbc has joined priceless and all the others saying the coverage shouldn't be about the riots, just hours after they had major coverage of the riots.

And Obama talked about the riots! How dare he!
            Last edited by cF[Authentic]; 04-28-2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

MSNBC went complet clown-car a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                There are lots of people who love these incidents -- and wait for them for an excuse to unleash a load of racist bile. They don't give two craps about the property damage (which happened to black people) or the personal injuries (ditto) or the trickle down effects of business closures, insurance hikes, drying up of retail services, etc. They just want a socially acceptable way to wail garbage that equates to the n word as loudly as they can.
                Spot on.

Comment

Probably the day they named Ed Schultz as a headliner. Most of us in North Dakota were like, "wait a minute. The same Ed Schultz who could barely read high school basketball scores off a TelePrompTer, that Ed Schultz?"
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

i've not turned them on for years..... until 6p tonight.

and the rev al sharpton sounds like he is the anchor.

clown car indeed
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

MSNBC is supposedly the liberal answer to Faux "News" because of the prime time shows, but if you watch during the daytime it's almost as conservative as Faux. You think Mrs. Greenspan is spouting left-wing talking points? Never mind that the morning show is a former GOP congressman...
                      Have no idea if they've gotten better, but back when I was watching they had production values that would make high school A/V clubs blush.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        i've not turned them on for years..... until 6p tonight.

and the rev al sharpton sounds like he is the anchor.

clown car indeed
                        I saw him on one of those "The More You Know" spots and something happened to his voice. And it wasn't good.

Comment

Mother of the Year speaks

"He gave me eye contact. And at that point, you know, not even thinking about cameras or anything like that. That's my only son and at the end of the day I don't want him to be a Freddie Gray," Toya Graham said, referencing the 25-year-old man who died after mysteriously sustaining severe spinal injuries in police custody earlier in the month. His death has sparked protests throughout the city, with tensions boiling over.
                          "There's some days that I'll shield him in the house just so he won't go outside and I know that I can't do that for the rest of my life," said Graham. "I'm a no-tolerant mother. Everybody that knows me, know I don't play that."

It's that reputation that made her son wince the second he saw her. "He knew he was in trouble," said Graham. "He said when 'I seen you,' he said, 'ma, my instinct was to run.'" Graham says after she got her son home they both watched news coverage of the demonstrations and riots on television. As images of her reaction started to go viral, Graham says comments started appearing on her son's Facebook page, many in support of her. "Friends and everybody making comments and saying you know, you shouldn't be mad at your mother, you should give her a hug," said Graham.

Graham hopes the incident will serve as a teachable moment for her son.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            did you know 50% of the children of the Mayflower settlers were born out of wedlock?
                            So I guess they couldn't have been seasick all the time? And it appears that there was some friggin' in the riggin'.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Well shoot! It looks like the good citizens of Rock Ridge were unfairly maligned.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...re?tid=HP_more
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                MSNBC is supposedly the liberal answer to Faux "News" because of the prime time shows, but if you watch during the daytime it's almost as conservative as Faux. You think Mrs. Greenspan is spouting left-wing talking points? Never mind that the morning show is a former GOP congressman...
                                Have no idea if they've gotten better, but back when I was watching they had production values that would make high school A/V clubs blush.
                                i almost watch msnbc by default though. i can't watch cnn nor fox. so when stuff like this happens it is msnbc for mookie.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X