X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cops 2: Pay No Attention to the Rioters Behind the Curtain

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Oh, and can we stop with the "obey the law and the cops will leave you alone" garbage? There was NO probable cause to stop Grey and he was still stopped, handcuffed, manicled and eventually killed. No, if you simply obey the law there are some cops who still will not leave you alone.
    Didn't you hear? The looting means those cops can walk free, now. And if you mention Gray you need to GETOVERIT and besides you're fomenting race war.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You say this....

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Out of curiously, what qualifies you to judge? Other than it fitting into a narrative you had locked and loaded, I mean.

And then you "guess?" Who again has something locked and loaded?

My initial guess is the kids who went store to store had a nice plan worked out (it looked well organized -- a lot better organized than the cops, anyway) and were taking full advantage of the situation to either play a little anarchy game or score some free stuff. We should find them, arrest them, try them, and lock them up.

But if you launch into immediately decrying any attempt to argue there was provocation without even pausing for a second to consider, you come off like a guy who's been waiting all his life for some uppity nggers' scalps, and now you've got some and to hell with anybody who wants to take them from your hot little hands.

So provocation excuses action?

Is that what you're saying?

Comment

Didn't you hear? The looting means those cops can walk free, now. And if you mention Gray you need to GETOVERIT and besides you're fomenting race war.

Yep, but I'm making leaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          So provocation excuses action?
          Not excuse, but context would be nice.

What the hell were those crazy people doing dressing up like indians and throwing tea in the harbor? Oh, that's just colonists -- they have impulse control problems. And don't get me started on their lack of sexual morals -- did you know 50% of the children of the Mayflower settlers were born out of wedlock? Yeah, I know, but I heard they might have been making some political point. Are you trying to excuse them!?!?

What I'm getting from you is basically Archie saying, "well, it's The Element -- what do you expect?"
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

But if you launch into immediately decrying any attempt to argue there was provocation without even pausing for a second to consider, you come off like a guy who's been waiting all his life for some uppity nggers' scalps, and now you've got some and to hell with anybody who wants to take them from your hot little hands.
            So what exactly was the provocation that lead to last night's looting?

Gray was arrested and injured April 12. He died April 19. The youtube video was posted the same day.

So what exactly was the big incendiary incident that provoked these people into hooliganism and theft on the night of Monday the 27th? They didn't like the choice of music at his funeral? The cops in question hadn't been hung yet? Is there still time for me and the other whiteys to burn anything because of the OJ verdict?

At least in Ferguson I can buy the provocation. The DA comes out and says the cop walks, sure I can see some people taking to the streets in anger.

But what happened last night? Those guys in Baltimore just finally hear the news?
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Now you're just trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                So what exactly was the provocation that lead to last night's looting?

Gray was arrested and injured April 12. He died April 19. The youtube video was posted the same day.

So what exactly was the big incendiary incident that provoked these people into hooliganism and theft on the night of Monday the 27th? They didn't like the choice of music at his funeral? The cops in question hadn't been hung yet? Is there still time for me and the other whiteys to burn anything because of the OJ verdict?

At least in Ferguson I can buy the provocation. The DA comes out and says the cop walks, sure I can see some people taking to the streets in anger.

But what happened last night? Those guys in Baltimore just finally hear the news?
                LOL. A mob needs a reason to riot?? ROTFLMAO. You're a riot.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

But what happened last night. Those guys in Baltimore just finally hear the news?
                  ****ed if I know. But I think we should probably listen to people who were there, on the street, and from those communities. Even if there were things that they say provoked them, we may well think that's no excuse for the behavior. (I can't think of any reason I'd find to excuse them; though I would like to know what really happened.)

But I have a friend who emails links to websites devoted to stories about black people beating up white people. There's a whole industry out there that thrives on taking these incidents and trumpeting them as "what do you expect from them?" The Comment sections are as horrifying as the worst of what you'd expect if the Wiemar Republic had had the internet. There are lots of people who love these incidents -- and wait for them for an excuse to unleash a load of racist bile. They don't give two craps about the property damage (which happened to black people) or the personal injuries (ditto) or the trickle down effects of business closures, insurance hikes, drying up of retail services, etc. They just want a socially acceptable way to wail garbage that equates to the n word as loudly as they can.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Oh, and can we stop with the "obey the law and the cops will leave you alone" garbage? There was NO probable cause to stop Grey and he was still stopped, handcuffed, manicled and eventually killed. No, if you simply obey the law there are some cops who still will not leave you alone.
                    You really call this obeying the law?

Also, found this. The cops allegedly didn't need probable cause? Any of the lawyers here know what case is being referenced, and if it can even be applied? The lawyer in the article works for the police union, so I'm not about to just take his word for it, since it doesn't seem right to me.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

There's a whole industry out there that thrives on taking these incidents and trumpeting them as "what do you expect from them?"
                      Thankfully nothing like that would ever get it's second thread on USCHO
                      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                      Groucho Marx
                      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                      Ron White
                      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                      Milo Bloom

Comment

Love Kep's you must be a racist because...

You'll find me pretty consistent on my anti-riot stance.

G-8? Occupy? Canuckleheads? Joe-Pa Pro-pedos? Last night?

Yep. Against them all. Those crazy blacks in Vancouver tearing up the town after their Canucks blew it.

Comment

They chose the free, 7-day shipping option* on their "Rent-a-Rioter.com" purchase.

*Express second-day was an extra $20
                          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 04-28-2015, 04:09 PM.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Love Kep's you must be a racist because...

You'll find me pretty consistent on my anti-riot stance.

G-8? Occupy? Canuckleheads? Joe-Pa Pro-pedos? Last night?

Yep. Against them all. Those crazy blacks in Vancouver tearing up the town after their Canucks blew it.
                            I just knew you weren't pro pedo! Poser!
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              You really call this obeying the law?

Also, found this. The cops allegedly didn't need probable cause? Any of the lawyers here know what case is being referenced, and if it can even be applied? The lawyer in the article works for the police union, so I'm not about to just take his word for it, since it doesn't seem right to me.
                              At the time he was obeying the law. There was no probable cause. I don't care what his rap sheet was. The police are supposed to need probable cause to stop you. Or do you want to do away with that legal requirement?

Comment

Is there a racial angle here though? Are the cops white or black? I believe the politicians are all black since O'Malley left to become governor as well as the law enforcement leadership.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X