Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers Off Season Thread 2015

Perfect, thanks.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      Schierhorn is on the page.
      And Mismash is going to the Whioux from what I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
        We'll be scratching Hults off of the list from what I'm hearing.
        Can't remember specifics. He wasn't expected to be a sure thing contributor, was he? I thought I remember hearing he was solid in most aspects of game, but not necessarily a prospective star. Is this accurate?

And what I would like to see with the list above that isn't on the GPL page is a description of type of player and expectations.

ie Guy Z will be a high draft and likely contributor from day 1, but early departure likely. Playmaker who could also score 15 goals in first year.

Player X is older bigger guy expected to stay 4 years and contribute on 3rd or 4th line.

Player Y looked like player 1 when committed, but since then USHL play has lowered expectations as he hasn't excelled as expected.

This helps set expectations for upcoming years for those of us who either don't follow as closely, or have crappy memories. (For the 2nd type person, maybe someone could re-post player descriptions monthly.)

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
          Can't remember specifics. He wasn't expected to be a sure thing contributor, was he? I thought I remember hearing he was solid in most aspects of game, but not necessarily a prospective star. Is this accurate?
          I think that's a fair way of looking at it. More of a role player at the U with maybe some offensive upside in the long run. He'll get an increased role from that where he's going
          University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Eaves is the second prediction I hit this last year. The other was the likelihood of moving a D to forward.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

lulz

Comment

Comment

Subscribed for the lulz
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Go Gophers!

Comment

Here's a good reason to get this thread back on the first page:

http://blog.startribune.com/fasching...sports_gophers
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Here's a good reason to get this thread back on the first page:

http://blog.startribune.com/fasching...sports_gophers
                        I've been watching for this. Good news! His announcement instills a little more confidence in what this team will look like offensively next year. His net presence will only get better.

Comment

The question marks are fairly large and fairly evenly weighted at F, D, and goalie. With Fasching back, I think that question mark becomes a bit smaller. No matter how well Schierhorn is doing in the USHL, that will still be a major question mark. Despite that, I think D is where we'll sink or swim.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            The question marks are fairly large and fairly evenly weighted at F, D, and goalie. With Fasching back, I think that question mark becomes a bit smaller. No matter how well Schierhorn is doing in the USHL, that will still be a major question mark. Despite that, I think D is where we'll sink or swim.
                            Defense will come down to whether this years' sophomores got enough development to take it up a notch. I think between Collins, Glover and Johnson, we gave them about as much ice time as we could while ensuring we didn't damage our chance of winning. Sure Fasching will help in terms of carrying play on ice, but the leadership intangibles in terms of stability and helping out a large freshman class have a good chance to carry really help carry the mail.

We still shouldn't be the pre season conference favorites.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Any idea if the Gophers will play an outdoor game in conjunction with the Wild/Hockey Day Minnesota?

I'd love to see the Northstar Cup series played outside over that weekend...

Comment

Hopefully not... but considering there will be a rink on campus probably. It would be a conference game.

Comment

Working...
                                X