Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 - It's never too late to start all over again!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign 2016 - It's never too late to start all over again!

8 months + 5 days for the last thread. Can we beat it?

And Rover last said:
    This:
    Interesting article pertaining to a recent discussion out here...

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...ns-116750.html
    And this:
    Might be time for Uncle Joe Biden to step up to the plate! Yeah, he's an old geezer, but after he fed Paul Ryan, the supposed intellectual heavyweight of the GOP, his own @ ss in a debate, I'd like to see what he does with the lightweights running for President in 3 or 4 debates next year.
    And let's remember the immortal words of Jim Carr: "Let's keep the calls in the realm of good taste."
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Campaign 2016 - It's never too late to start all over again!

I'm warming up to Rand Paul a bit.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/politi...ion-democrats/

Not that the media would ever ask such questions of the Dems, but it's nice to see someone push back at the poor excuse for media we have in this country.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
      I'm warming up to Rand Paul a bit.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/politi...ion-democrats/

Not that the media would ever ask such questions of the Dems, but it's nice to see someone push back at the poor excuse for media we have in this country.
      What a crock. Dems get asked all the time. Debbie got asked just like Rand wanted her to get asked and she answered it. Rand Paul's a fraud.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        What a crock. Dems get asked all the time. Debbie got asked just like Rand wanted her to get asked and she answered it. Rand Paul's a fraud.
        Agreed. Bob was getting tired of hanging on the cross he'd been nailed to since last week and decided to erect a new one.

Not that he didn't deserve it, but how much scrutiny did Kerry get over his changing positions? How quickly we forget...

To joecct's point, I'm not totally kidding about Biden filling a Hillary void. He's far more personable than either Obama or Hillary, and really he can afford to lose several Obama states and still win the Presidency if he holds onto say Ohio, a place his working class Irish roots ought to play well in (give him PA since he's originally from there). Plus, you have to admire his ability to dominate a debate. Could Cruz hold his own one on one in front of the cameras? Sure, I suppose so, but what would Biden do with Walker? Or W's kid brother? Or Rand Paul and is nutty positions? My guess is Uncle Joe isn't nearly as interesting in having a "conversation" like Obama was vs Mittens....
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Here's all Rand and Bob need to know.

"From what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," said Akin said of pregnancy caused by rape. "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume maybe that didn't work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist."
          That is the GOP position. That's why they get asked the questions that they get asked. Until they figure it out they can all stop whining about the questions.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Agreed. Bob was getting tired of hanging on the cross he'd been nailed to since last week and decided to erect a new one.

Not that he didn't deserve it, but how much scrutiny did Kerry get over his changing positions? How quickly we forget...

To joecct's point, I'm not totally kidding about Biden filling a Hillary void. He's far more personable than either Obama or Hillary, and really he can afford to lose several Obama states and still win the Presidency if he holds onto say Ohio, a place his working class Irish roots ought to play well in (give him PA since he's originally from there). Plus, you have to admire his ability to dominate a debate. Could Cruz hold his own one on one in front of the cameras? Sure, I suppose so, but what would Biden do with Walker? Or W's kid brother? Or Rand Paul and is nutty positions? My guess is Uncle Joe isn't nearly as interesting in having a "conversation" like Obama was vs Mittens....
            Yup, there's such a history of Dem candidates being asked about the difficult aspects of their abortion positions. But, yah, when your guys are used to getting an easy pass, you aren't going to want that to change. No question about that.
            Very well, said.
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

On the GOP wooing of the Jews: don't be silly. Every time the GOP opens up their vacuous maw about "liberal intellectuals," they lose a hundred times the number of Jews that they gain through their Likudnik drag act. Jews have heard the stirring "heartland" theme any number of times in their history, and they know it means run for the attics. The Goobers' only Jewish fans are Neocons, and that's not nearly enough.

On Biden: don't be silly. Handsome Joe is a great guy to have as your veep or your uncle, but he's a caretaker, and we're entering a transitional period. His demographic appeal is to old, white, lower middle class Irish Catholics who are solidly Republican. He'd be a total loser as a candidate.

On abortion: be my guest to make that a major campaign theme, particularly running against a woman. I'm sure you'll enjoy losing 51% of the electorate by 30 points. Throw in the scourge of homosexuality while you're at it. I'm not sure that would even win a majority of Catholic votes anymore, let alone the entire nation.

On Paul: any time he spends not hammering the rest of the GOP field on corporate welfare is time wasted. It's his gig. He needs to dig deep into the Tea Party hatred of the banksters and embarrass Jeb et al. for their associations. He's not getting anywhere talking about social issues; he doesn't have the chops.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I find it disingenuous that Rand Paul, a Duke-educated physician and alleged champion of the "libertarian" wing, would support government interference in people's private medical decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  I find it disingenuous that Rand Paul, a Duke-educated physician and alleged champion of the "libertarian" wing, would support government interference in people's private medical decisions.
                  His dad at least is from that strange wing of the big 'L' Libertarians who are big fans of Jeebus. I don't know where Rand stands on it, but I assume he can count and understands that you don't win a Republican nomination being pro-choice. Property rights, yes. Reproductive rights, no. I mean, they're not even in the Bible or anything.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                    Yup, there's such a history of Dem candidates being asked about the difficult aspects of their abortion positions. But, yah, when your guys are used to getting an easy pass, you aren't going to want that to change. No question about that.
                    They're not difficult positions at all. In fact, Dems support the things that reduce abortions the most. Repubs waste all their oxygen on making it illegal while at the same time slashing funding for women's Health Care.

But , you crawl right up on that cross.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      His dad at least is from that strange wing of the big 'L' Libertarians who are big fans of Jeebus. I don't know where Rand stands on it, but I assume he can count and understands that you don't win a Republican nomination being pro-choice. Property rights, yes. Reproductive rights, no. I mean, they're not even in the Bible or anything.
                      Alex Jones is also one of those big fans of Jeebus.

It's one of the sad points where two parties have an effective monopoly, and they're both the same fascist folk. Rand Paul will get shut out of the nomination because he is a libertarian, and they will push a fascist establishment GOP candidate. As to who, I'm not sure.

I'm still not counting out martial law happening and the 2016 elections being suspended, thereby keeping Obozo in office for life.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        They're not difficult positions at all. In fact, Dems support the things that reduce abortions the most. Repubs waste all their oxygen on making it illegal while at the same time slashing funding for women's Health Care.

But , you crawl right up on that cross.
                        Dems actually support choosing to not have sex? Could have fooled me, given the blithering from some of your cohorts...

Comment

No responses, except maybe the ignored crazy train known as Scooby.
                          Very well, said.
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            On Paul: any time he spends not hammering the rest of the GOP field on corporate welfare is time wasted. It's his gig. He needs to dig deep into the Tea Party hatred of the banksters and embarrass Jeb et al. for their associations. He's not getting anywhere talking about social issues; he doesn't have the chops.
                            His other big thing, though I've not followed him in recent months, was hammering away against more American money/lives spent on wars. I don't know if that rhetoric has been eschewed to garner more support from his base, but it was something I genuinely liked about the man.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Dems actually support choosing to not have sex? Could have fooled me, given the blithering from some of your cohorts...
                              Quite a few refuse to have children because of the population explosion and the harm humans are doing to the ecosystem. Not that they're choosing not to have sex...they're choosing to use protection.

Comment

Working...
                              X