Minnesota Women's Hockey Off-Season 2015: #BASK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Women's Hockey Off-Season 2015: #BASK

I should state for the record, I'll not interpret any ongoing jollification as annoying in any way...should anyone choose to sustain their revelry.
    Minnesota Hockey

Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey Off-Season 2015: #BASK

Noted on Twitter... the champs will be at tonight's Jets-Wild game at the X.
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
      Noted on Twitter... the champs will be at tonight's Jets-Wild game at the X.
      What?!? Haven't they suffered enough? They had to sit through a (@*$& Timberwolves game, something no person should be expected to endure gracefully. To inflict a Wild game on them on top of that is needlessly cruel. Might as well force them to an Twins game to make the torture complete. Lets hope the loser stench does not rub off those lemons onto the Gopher women.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
        What?!? Haven't they suffered enough? They had to sit through a (@*$& Timberwolves game, something no person should be expected to endure gracefully. To inflict a Wild game on them on top of that is needlessly cruel. Might as well force them to an Twins game to make the torture complete. Lets hope the loser stench does not rub off those lemons onto the Gopher women.
        While that's actually pretty funny, I imagine the GWH players are rather enjoying working the circuit. Dare I say it? My guess is that they're basking.

Comment

Kate Flug announced her retirement for medical reasons. 3 surgeries in under two years and the potential threat of more was the reason.

All the better she at least got to be on the bench with her teammates for the last game.

Best wishes to Kate with the great sense of humor in all she does!!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
            Kate Flug announced her retirement for medical reasons. 3 surgeries in under two years and the potential threat of more was the reason.

All the better she at least got to be on the bench with her teammates for the last game.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
              it's part of the process

what worries me is that some of those people may decide to become fans of GWH
              I kinda like the fact that you can show up 20 minutes before puck drop and get a ticket for 8 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                I don't think I could have said it any better.

Good luck to Kate in her future endeavors.
                Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

I know a few of you here seem to know a lot about legal stuff.… so let’s suppose that an intern they just brought on where you work is a member of the Gopher men’s team, could it be considered harassment if you took one of the 2014/15 GWH schedule posters or a poster celebrating their national championship, and hung it above his desk? This is just theoretical, not that it would ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                    Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                    I don't think I could have said it any better.

Good luck to Kate in her future endeavors.
                    Agree completely with all sentiments. Very sorry to read the news...while not being terribly surprised. Saddens me on a couple fronts. First and foremost for Kate Flug and the end of her playing days. Also for some GWH fans who will not get the opportunity to witness how talented she is. Those who may not be familiar with her prior to her college career...which was obviously way too limited. As an SEC fan who got to watch her play quite a bit in a Raider uniform she was a true, gifted goal scorer. Little doubt to me she would have done well at the D-I level under better, healthy circumstances.

A little bit of a déjà vu all over again. Talented Roseville recruit...

Enduring those injuries and treatment...rehab is no picnic. Admire her determination and dedication throughout.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      Agree completely with all sentiments. Very sorry to read the news...while not being terribly surprised. Saddens me on a couple fronts. First and foremost for Kate Flug and the end of her playing days. Also for some GWH fans who will not get the opportunity to witness how talented she is. Those who may not be familiar with her prior to her college career...which was obviously way too limited. As an SEC fan who got to watch her play quite a bit in a Raider uniform she was a true, gifted goal scorer. Little doubt to me she would have done well at the D-I level under better, healthy circumstances.

A little bit of a déjà vu all over again. Talented Roseville recruit...

Enduring those injuries and treatment...rehab is no picnic. Admire her determination and dedication throughout.
                      she appeared healthy at the start of this year & blew me away with the way she played. A ton of skill & very good speed. She would have been a star. There is a hidden cost to the game we all love and it makes me sad that Katie, or really anyone, has to pay that price. Hopefully she will not have problems all her life from her injuries. This just sucks,

Comment

Something's seriously wrong if the hockey team isn't awarded the "Best Female Team".

http://www.gophersports.com/genrel/040815aab.html
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Something's seriously wrong if the hockey team isn't awarded the "Best Female Team".

http://www.gophersports.com/genrel/040815aab.html
                          Yes. And best women's team coach?

I'm a little puzzled by one of the Best Men's Team Coach nominees.
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post

I'm a little puzzled by all of the Best Men's Team Coach nominees.
                            fixt it for you

I'm not, coach J is obviously the best, the others are fighting for 3rd place, but he's too unPC for the powers that be, they're just waiting for him to falter so they can axe him.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                              fixt it for you

I'm not, coach J is obviously the best, the others are fighting for 3rd place, but he's too unPC for the powers that be, they're just waiting for him to falter so they can axe him.
                              I'm okay with what JK has done thus far. Just put a stop to any post season inspirational appearances for GWH.

Kill is in a tough spot now. Needing to do better still or...
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X