Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Originally posted by jen View Post
    Any word yet on what they're going to do with Peralta's spot in the rotation? Interesting that they called up a reliever - wonder how long he'll stay. They could start Fiers on short rest, then bump him up to 3 and Nelson 4, and not need someone until.. Wednesday?
    Per FS-Wisconsin just now (even though pretty much everyone who reads this thread was likely watching the game): David Goforth was called up. Fiers gets Peralta's start tomorrow. A replacement starter will get called up, but no commitment on who it is.

Rotation order: Fiers tomorrow, off day Thursday, Nelson on Friday, Lohse Saturday, and the rumored call-up goes Sunday (as of right now the call-up would get Tuesday vs Cardinals if the existing rotation holds).

Peralta will be out for four to six weeks.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Can I blame this season on the stupid Bud Selig Experience they built in left field?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The Bud Selig Experience? Is that anything like the monstrosity they have at the Marlins' stadium that swings into action every time Stanton hits one halfway to Puerto Rico?
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          The Bud Selig Experience? Is that anything like the monstrosity they have at the Marlins' stadium that swings into action every time Stanton hits one halfway to Puerto Rico?
          It's an interactive exhibit they put on the second level concourse just past left field (above the TGI Fridays) where you too can learn how to move an MLB team from Seattle to Milwaukee in the middle of the night.
          http://fox6now.com/2015/05/18/the-se...k-on-may-29th/

(For the record, I'm just fine with stealing the Seattle Pilots. I really do appreciate Bud Selig's role in bringing the MLB back to Milwaukee. But his later era of ownership (including his daughter being named the owner when he still ran it even though he was the commissioner) just makes me shrug my shoulders. This isn't something I know most Brewer fans will be flocking to.)

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Who the eff is Tyler Wagner? Besides Sunday's starting pitcher.

Comment

Who the eff is Tyler Wagner? Besides Sunday's starting pitcher.
              The best starting pitcher prospect on the AAA Colorado Sky Sox... err wait... on the AA Biloxi Shuckers. Has a record of 5-1 with a 2.01 ERA in double A this season.

Kid's going to get rocked Sunday.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well, he's not gonna be worse than Garza. I hope. It'd be tough.

I am very, very glad to have Jean Segura back. Just love watching him play. And I will be very, very glad to have Lucroy back on Monday. We always heard Maldonado just needed to play more to get his hitting straightened out. But apparently being the starting catcher is a little too much "more".

I have some big concerns about the fielding this season (well, the last few seasons... at least). Guys that are normally reliable are making terrible plays and it's hurt them numerous times.

Comment

Broxton'd again.
                  Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                  Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                  sigpic
                  Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                  1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Khris Davis is having knee surgery Tuesday to repair the torn meniscus he suffered yesterday while striking out. The hits just keep on coming.

But on the bright side, Tyler Wagner is starting today. Oh, wait...

Comment

Welp, Tyler Wagner hasn't been terrible. But we're back to fielding miscues and defensive brain farts. After 1-1/2 innings, it's 4-0 D-Bags.

I really hate to type this out, but I'm kinda ready for Attanasio to pull the trigger on imploding this team.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I always say moral victories are for losers, but I think yesterday was a moral victory AND a real victory. Wagner pitched better than some of our veteran starters have. Martin Maldonado's slide into home was fantastic. Garza was good. Maybe they've discovered his secret. Start someone else, bring him in in the 2nd.

Tyler Wagner sent down, Tyler Cravy called up from AAA. Smith's hearing is today.

Happy Lucroy Day!

Every single Opening Day starter has been injured at some point, although not all on the DL. Lind didn't start yesterday due to back problems (which was the injury I was MOST concerned about during spring).

No news on Davis until they get in there and "clean it out" (that phrase gives me the willies, used in that context).

Matchups for the, ugh, Cardinals series:

Today: Fiers vs. Garcia
                        Tue: TBA vs. Lynn
                        Wed: Nelson vs. Lackey

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Welp, Tyler Wagner hasn't been terrible. But we're back to fielding miscues and defensive brain farts. After 1-1/2 innings, it's 4-0 D-Bags.

I really hate to type this out, but I'm kinda ready for Attanasio to pull the trigger on imploding this team.
                          I wouldn't even know where to begin other than trading Gomez and hoping you fetch a big return. With Lucroy you probably wouldn't get enough to make it worthwhile, though with any of these guys the return probably wouldn't be as impressive as you'd think.

Comment

Matchups for the, ugh, Cardinals series:

Tue: TBA vs. Lynn
                            So you're telling me there's a chance.
                            Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                            Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                            sigpic
                            Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

holy cow.

Comment

holy cow.
                                I think everyone saw the Brewers winning 1-0 at the Cardinals.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X