Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

On the bright side (maybe), Aramis Ramirez is back tonight. Man, it sucks getting old.

On the DEFINITE bright side, Brian Anderson is also back tonight. I don't mind Matt Lepay (1000x better than Craig Coshun), but I miss the chemistry between Rock and BA.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Watching Bartolo bat is always a good time
      This year especially. Bartolo is the honey badger at this point. He just doesn't give a sht. His hitting is hysterical, and he already has 2 RBI.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        This year especially. Bartolo is the honey badger at this point. He just doesn't give a sht. His hitting is hysterical, and he already has 2 RBI.
        The one where he closed his eyes against the Phillies and swung was amazing. That said this one is my favorite
        Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-15-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
          On the bright side (maybe), Aramis Ramirez is back tonight. Man, it sucks getting old.

On the DEFINITE bright side, Brian Anderson is also back tonight. I don't mind Matt Lepay (1000x better than Craig Coshun), but I miss the chemistry between Rock and BA.
          Lepay is actually fairly decent. I like BA (well, this BA), but his HR call is so grating.
          Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
          Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
          sigpic
          Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
          1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Scooter sent down. Brewers beat Tigers; due to lose 14-1 tonight.

Jeremy Jeffress has been fantastic.

Just noticed I get to see Fiers vs. Shelby Miller at Turner Field on Saturday. Yippee.

Comment

Scooter who? This Sardiñas kid is the real deal.

I kid, I kid. But boy is it nice to have some call-ups produce for the Brewers, and they're kids from the Yovani trade too (I still miss him, but alas). Speaking of Sardinas, maybe I've blacked out some of the awful players in between, but is he the first Brewer to have the ñ since Fernando Vina?
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I guess they had this guy for all of 58 plate appearances: http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...43&position=2B

I just sorted on Brewers between 2000 and 2010 and he was the only one I noticed (fangraphs doesn't have the ñ so you have to kinda guess based on the name).
                Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-20-2015, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Broxton sucks.
                  Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                  sigpic
                  Donate

Comment

Ut oh. Brewers pitcher Smith ejected for foreign substance on forearm.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      Ut oh. Brewers pitcher Smith ejected for foreign substance on forearm.
                      The probably universal pitching mixture of rosin and sunscreen, supposedly. Many pitchers do it, but you definitely have to be more discrete than he was.
                      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                      sigpic
                      Donate

Comment

Yeah, that was crazy obvious. Silly.

That being said, he's no villain. Pitchers pull this stuff all the time. Blyleven has often said "If you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough."
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Peralta out at least 4 weeks.

Segura due to come back Friday, and Lucroy hopefully on Monday, so that's good at least.

No word on what they're going to do with the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                            The probably universal pitching mixture of rosin and sunscreen, supposedly. Many pitchers do it, but you definitely have to be more discrete than he was.
                            This makes me think that he honestly did forget about it.

It makes me sad that he's gonnna get booed at Turner Field for the rest of his career, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                              This makes me think that he honestly did forget about it.

It makes me sad that he's gonnna get booed at Turner Field for the rest of his career, though.
                              He already hated that place going into last weekend, it was at Turner Field a year ago that he was summoned from the bullpen without any warm up throws.

So, my earlier praise for Sardiñas? Yeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh..... Woof. What a rough week the kid has had. Tough Braves series and a rough game yesterday.

Only bright spot? I've now been to the games where home runs from Cecil Fielder cleared County Stadium and now Ryan Braun cleared Miller Park.

Yesterday was a great game to be at until the top of the sixth.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Any word yet on what they're going to do with Peralta's spot in the rotation? Interesting that they called up a reliever - wonder how long he'll stay. They could start Fiers on short rest, then bump him up to 3 and Nelson 4, and not need someone until.. Wednesday?

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                He already hated that place going into last weekend, it was at Turner Field a year ago that he was summoned from the bullpen without any warm up throws.
                                He's a Georgia boy who grew up rooting for the Braves, so I imagine there's some sentimental value.. plus his family is usually there. poor guy shouldn't get booed in front of his mother.
                                Last edited by jen; 05-26-2015, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X