Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

I've only seen the Craig Counsell commercial online, but I absolutely LOVE it. Even got a little misty-eyed.

Comment

Yup. Got me right in the feels too.

What a great clip, and it absolutely resonates what it is to be a Brewers fan.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
        Segura traded to Dbacks for Aaron Hill and well, that's the only name I recognized.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewe...367109921.html
        Totally missed that one. Honestly Segura isn't all that good, his bat is terrible and his D isn't exceptional enough to compensate for his offensive shortcomings (might even get moved to 2nd base in AZ). In return you got Hill minus half his contract for only one year (he's not good but this doesn't look to be a good year so whatever), a league avg depth starter, and a somewhat interesting prospect. That's a steal.

Comment

Brewers apparently signed Blaine Boyer to a minor league deal today:
          http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/0...ine-boyer.html
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
            . Should we start the Khris Davis watch as well? Santana will likely have a place somewhere, and if he's not playing center, and Braun is unmovable... that leaves one position, and it's the only one Davis can play.
            well, there we go. KD to Oakland for their top catching prospect, Jacob Nottingham, plus pitching prospect Bubba Derby.

I really liked KD, but it's not a huge loss. Some pop, but not a great average and a below-average fielder. At least he can DH in the AL.

Also, Bubba Derby is a great name.

Comment

well, there we go. KD to Oakland for their top catching prospect, Jacob Nottingham, plus pitching prospect Bubba Derby.

I really liked KD, but it's not a huge loss. Some pop, but not a great average and a below-average fielder. At least he can DH in the AL.

Also, Bubba Derby is a great name.
              I concur. This is starting to bring to mind one of my favorite movies though..."who are these bleepin' guys?".
              Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
              Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
              sigpic
              Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
              1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                I concur. This is starting to bring to mind one of my favorite movies though..."who are these bleepin' guys?".
                Of the starting 9, we know Lucroy, Braun and Gennett (and I'm going to say we'll know the Opening Day starter, whoever it is). And 2 of those guys could be trade bait yet. Not sure if it's good or bad we got a top catching prospect. Lucroy isn't going to be around forever... but exactly how long IS he going to be around?

Picked up tickets to see the Brewers in Oakland in June. Maybe KD will let me stay with him.

Comment

Just saw on Twitter the Brewers are having 90's night, with a special 90's themed Will Smith (the pitcher, not actor) themed T-Shirt.

Also included in their tweet: the reviled "Motre Bame" MB logo.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Of the starting 9, we know Lucroy, Braun and Gennett (and I'm going to say we'll know the Opening Day starter, whoever it is). And 2 of those guys could be trade bait yet. Not sure if it's good or bad we got a top catching prospect. Lucroy isn't going to be around forever... but exactly how long IS he going to be around?

Picked up tickets to see the Brewers in Oakland in June. Maybe KD will let me stay with him.
                    I had a great time in Oakland/San Fran during the playoffs a few years back. Are you staying downtown or something?

Comment

Brewers Authentics just found a closet in Miller Park that has remained locked for a decade.

Lyle Overbay 2005 Batting Practice Jersey

Scott Podsednik 2004 Batting Practice Jersey

Junior Spivey 2004 Batting Practice Jersey

And judging by those names, there was a reason that crap was forgotten about for a decade.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Went to buy tickets on Saturday. I was there around 3:30, and they said Opening Day was not sold out yet.

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        I had a great time in Oakland/San Fran during the playoffs a few years back. Are you staying downtown or something?
                        Staying in SF (near Financial District) and taking the BART over to Oakland. Wish I had a little more time for a return visit to AT&T Park, one of my favorites, but not this time.

Comment

Wily Peralta named Opening Day starter.

Starting rotation after that will be Jimmy Nelson, Matt Garza, Taylor Jungmann and Chase Anderson.

New stuff at Miller Park: concession-wise -
                          Wisconsin dog (featuring a Miller Park hot dog topped with house made beer jam, glazed sauerkraut and chopped bacon), banh mi brat, jalapeno popper dog, buffalo chicken fries, and the Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages chili baked potato topper. In addition, the Miller Park locations of Milwaukee favorites AJ Bombers, Smoke Shack and Holey Moley will also be featuring new items this season, including the award-winning Brisket Sloppy Joe at Smoke Shack and the Baby Spice Doughnut + Custard Sandwich.
                          Last edited by jen; 03-21-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Hey, tomorrow is Opening Day. Get excited!

Your 2016 Opening Day Brewers:

Starting pitchers (5): Wily Peralta, Jimmy Nelson, Matt Garza, Taylor Jungmann, Chase Anderson.

Relief pitchers (7): Jeremy Jeffress, Michael Blazek, Tyler Thornburg, Chris Capuano, Blaine Boyer, Carlos Torres, Ariel Pena.

Catchers (2): Jonathan Lucroy, Martin Maldonado.

Infielders (6): Chris Carter, Scooter Gennett, Jonathan Villar, Aaron Hill, Yadiel Rivera, Colin Walsh.

Outfielders (5): Ryan Braun, Domingo Santana, Ramon Flores, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Keon Broxton.

Opening the season the DL - 60 day: Rymer Liriano, Yhonathan Barrios, Sean Nolin. 15 day: Will Smith, Corey Knebel, Zack Jones

I read this morning the Brewers cut their payroll by 45% (actual money paid out). 10 guys return from last season, 7 guys on their first opening Day MLB roster.

I said GET EXCITED, dammit!

Comment

There's a lot of "who?" in there.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                There's a lot of "who?" in there.
                                This guy here is dead!

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X