Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Brewers sign Chris Carter to fill their first base hole. I like it. He strikes out a lot and has a terrible average, but he's only 2.5 mil. He doesn't have to be the First Baseman of the Future, just the First Baseman of Next Year, in which we know the Brewers will suck.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
      Brewers sign Chris Carter to fill their first base hole. I like it. He strikes out a lot and has a terrible average, but he's only 2.5 mil. He doesn't have to be the First Baseman of the Future, just the First Baseman of Next Year, in which we know the Brewers will suck.
      So this guy is like Mark Reynolds? Slightly better or worse...I can't tell. Brewers' fever...catch it!
      Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
      sigpic
      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
        Brewers' fever...catch it!
        I hope a cure is coming soon.

Really excited for this year's Shuckers team to work their way up to the MLB. Should be a good core to get excited about. Wish it would happen next year though.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
          So this guy is like Mark Reynolds? Slightly better or worse...I can't tell. Brewers' fever...catch it!
          I made the same comparison. Whichever he is, he's only $2.5 million (plus incentives), and he's a better first baseman than Juan Francisco.

Comment

Brewers sign Chris Capuano and Cesar Jiminez to minor league deals.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
              Brewers sign Chris Capuano ...
              Well, at least they know what they're getting.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Well, at least they know what they're getting.
                May as well sign a lot of guys to minor league deals and see if any of them stick, especially guys that already have some kind of comfort level in Milwaukee. I always liked Capuano.
                Last edited by jen; 01-25-2016, 08:00 PM.

Comment

11 ex-Brewers we'd like to see back from OMC.

Obviously I'm on board with #7, but the best answer is #11.

Comment

Hilarious! And sadly accurate that I could see one or two of those names as legit re-signings.

Brewers are formally unveiling their new alternates at the On Deck event, but have shown them on social media ahead of the event; they replace the "love 'em or die in a fire" gold jerseys.

They retain the "retro" glove/ball logo but are Navy/Yellow. Has Vegas Gold been eliminated on all jerseys in favor of the new yellow/gold color?

If so, I think it's a great combination of the old and new styles, allowing them to maintain the M with the barley stalk (which I love the logo) and also use the retro logo.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Brewers are formally unveiling their new alternates at the On Deck event, but have shown them on social media ahead of the event; they replace the "love 'em or die in a fire" gold jerseys.

They retain the "retro" glove/ball logo but are Navy/Yellow. Has Vegas Gold been eliminated on all jerseys in favor of the new yellow/gold color?

If so, I think it's a great combination of the old and new styles, allowing them to maintain the M with the barley stalk (which I love the logo) and also use the retro logo.
                      I like them too - a nice combination. They say "Milwaukee" instead of Brewers, right? So it's a combination of the retros, the "Milwaukee" jerseys, and the navy ones they usually wore on Sundays at home.

Hated the golds. Passionately. Good riddance.

edit: here's an article with a picture. They'll still use the home navy blues and pinstripe retros, but not the gold and the road "Milwaukee" navy blues.
                      Last edited by jen; 01-28-2016, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Brewers are finalizing a deal for OF Rymer Liriano from Padres, where he was recently DFA
                        http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/0...de-padres.html
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Segura traded to Dbacks for Aaron Hill and well, that's the only name I recognized.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewe...367109921.html
                          Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                          sigpic
                          Donate

Comment

Joe Block leaves to become Pirates announcer: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/367098711.html

Jeff Levering to replace him.

Can't say I'm heart-broken. Block's voice was always a bit grating for me. Almost a bit PeeWee Herman-ish, IMO.
                            Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                            sigpic
                            Donate

Comment

sigh. I'm over it... until I have to watch Segura making a great throw from deep in the hole in a DBacks jersey. The SS they got in the trade sounds pretty good... and hopefully can play a different position, because, well, that's one of the reasons they traded Segura. I was honestly more surprised to see Wagner traded, but you have to give something to get something. Stearns said this does NOT bump up the timetable on Arcia - he'll still go to AAA.

Comment

11 notes from Brewers On Deck.

The more Matt Garza tries to explain away how he left the team last year, the more he ****es me off.

Comment

Working...
                                X