Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

via MLBN Radio on Twitter, Attanasio said one of the reasons the Brewers didn't get a starting pitcher is so they can make a "major splash" at the trade deadline.

couldn't they have also made a "major splash" last week?

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
      via MLBN Radio on Twitter, Attanasio said one of the reasons the Brewers didn't get a starting pitcher is so they can make a "major splash" at the trade deadline.

couldn't they have also made a "major splash" last week?
      At the deadline his excuse will be "a major splash next spring."
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        The reality is the price wasn't right for someone they thought would be a definite upgrade over what they have...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          There wasn't much left after the Twins took all the starters.

Still hoping for Archer. or Kershaw.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
            There wasn't much left after the Twins took all the starters.

Still hoping for Archer. or Kershaw.
            All that and we are only predicted to win 82-85 games. Not worth it if thats the case.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Also - rotation to start the season will be Anderson, Chacin, Suter, and then Davies for the home opener. Woodruff to the bullpen until they need a 5. Wade Miley is out 2-4 weeks, but will be "part of the mix".

I do not really have warm fuzzies about this situation, even when Nelson gets back.

Broxton and Phillips sent down (they can't be too surprised), as well as Guerra. Gallardo released (he can't be too surprised either).

Comment

I'm sorry I mocked the kale salad in Detroit, because now Miller Park has one.

Although I'm not sure how much fun I should make of it, because we always bring fresh fruit to the ballpark (and now you can buy that, too).

I'm not anti-salad, but it seems very labor intensive to eat a salad at the ballpark.

Also, in sausage-related news, Johnsonville apparently doesn't make hot dogs, so they're bringing in Hebrew National.

I didn't know the club section needed remodeling (I usually sit there), but I am interested to see it.
                Last edited by jen; 03-28-2018, 07:48 AM.

Comment

It's that time of the year when I start to pay attention to the Brewers again. I tune in to the radio and play the mental game of "is this guy a Brewer or not?" until something happens and Uecker gets around to being more specific. Today it was Matt Albers. Knebel blows his first save; this can't be a good sign.
                  Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                  Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                  sigpic
                  Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                  1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                    I'm sorry I mocked the kale salad in Detroit, because now Miller Park has one.

Although I'm not sure how much fun I should make of it, because we always bring fresh fruit to the ballpark (and now you can buy that, too).

I'm not anti-salad, but it seems very labor intensive to eat a salad at the ballpark.

Also, in sausage-related news, Johnsonville apparently doesn't make hot dogs, so they're bringing in Hebrew National.

I didn't know the club section needed remodeling (I usually sit there), but I am interested to see it.
                    There is a time and place to eat fruit and salad. The ballpark is neither.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      There is a time and place to eat fruit and salad. The ballpark is neither.
                      I was at Fenway a couple years ago, and one of the vendors was selling fruit cups..... Fruit cups.

Comment

Originally posted by cskowen View Post
                        I was at Fenway a couple years ago, and one of the vendors was selling fruit cups..... Fruit cups.
                        Perfect with vodka. Just sayin.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                          It's that time of the year when I start to pay attention to the Brewers again. I tune in to the radio and play the mental game of "is this guy a Brewer or not?" until something happens and Uecker gets around to being more specific.
                          LOL, I do this when I listen to my one Islander game a year. If Taveras doesn't pass to you I have no idea if you're friend or foe.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So I'm going to my first home opener on Monday. We'll be in the Johnsonville Party Deck (formally the Dew Deck). It got me reminiscing. Does anyone else remember some Brewer hitting a home run into that area? I want to say it was Russell Branyan or Brooks Kieschnick.

Or I'm totally misremberering?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Perfect with vodka. Just sayin.
                              I wouldn't disagree with that at all. I'll sneak in next time.

Comment

LoCain and Yelich as advertised so far. Granted, it was San Diego, and early.... but still.

I don't like this Sunday offday business.

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                                It's that time of the year when I start to pay attention to the Brewers again. I tune in to the radio and play the mental game of "is this guy a Brewer or not?" until something happens and Uecker gets around to being more specific. Today it was Matt Albers.
                                before they showed Albers on the mound, I would have bet cash money he wasn't a Brewer. That signing completely slipped my mind.

Originally posted by cskowen View Post
                                So I'm going to my first home opener on Monday. We'll be in the Johnsonville Party Deck (formally the Dew Deck). It got me reminiscing. Does anyone else remember some Brewer hitting a home run into that area? I want to say it was Russell Branyan or Brooks Kieschnick.

Or I'm totally misremberering?
                                BR article confirms you are correct with Branyan. Have fun tomorrow!
                                Last edited by jen; 04-01-2018, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X