Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Thank you Mets for allowing the Brewers to get an even better return.

Comment

I was OK with the Mets trade, but this one is even better. I think all 4 guys are top 25 in the Brewers system, and 2 of them top 4. Plus, I like Houston, so I can still root for Carlos. Fiers is probably the young pitcher I'm most comfortable letting go.

Comment

Parra to the Os for Zach Davies (pending physicals ), who is #3 in Baltimore's prospect list.
        Last edited by jen; 07-31-2015, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I'm a little confused with not trying to get a corner infield prospect in all of these deals?
          You have to go all the way to 27 (David Denson @ 1B) on mlb.com's list of top 30 prospects for Brewers to find one that isn't an OF (10), SS (4) or pitcher (12).
          Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 07-31-2015, 10:33 AM.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Are we looking at the remainder of this year AND all of next year as "rebuilding" years, and in 2017 have all these prospects graduate to the MLB at the same time like the Weeks/Fielder/Braun era?

Or are these prospects who could be plugged into next season?
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Are we looking at the remainder of this year AND all of next year as "rebuilding" years, and in 2017 have all these prospects graduate to the MLB at the same time like the Weeks/Fielder/Braun era?

Or are these prospects who could be plugged into next season?
              I wouldn't be surprised if Santana or Phillips gets inserted into the lineup next year, beyond that, I'm not sure.
              Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 07-31-2015, 11:09 AM.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Can't believe the Cardinals took Broxton...at least neither pitcher they gave up to get Broxton is currently a top 30 prospect for the Reds

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  I'm a little confused with not trying to get a corner infield prospect in all of these deals?
                  You have to go all the way to 27 (David Denson @ 1B) on mlb.com's list of top 30 prospects for Brewers to find one that isn't an OF (10), SS (4) or pitcher (12).
                  I guess 1b is typically the position where they put people who fail at other positions. It's not really necessary to recruit/draft for that position specifically. At least that seems to be the trend in the MLB going forward.

Obviously you'd want someone competent at third but not every SS sticks with that position so it'd be logical to just move them to 3rd.
                  Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-31-2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Maybe they have plans for someone they already have, either in the system or at the big league level? I thought it was odd too. Flores made sense. The free agent class at third this year is not exactly stellar or affordable. And I still want someone to explain why Khris Davis can't be a first baseman.

Hey, maybe Braun is moving back to third!

Comment

Friday's starter is currently TBA and Counsell will look at Lohse's spot in the rotation. Being allowed to suck for 2/3 of the season is a pretty long leash.

What happened to Kris Bryant at second? I caught it while they were reviewing and they didn't replay it again.

Comment

Tyler Cravy is starting tonight, and Kyle Lohse goes the the bullpen.

I know the game wasn't on TV, but did anyone listen on the radio? What the heck was the review about? They didn't show any replays at the ballpark, and we couldn't figure out what the question was. Did the ump signal the ball hit Garza?
                        Last edited by jen; 08-07-2015, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Broxton'd!

I know nothing about the guy we got for him, but I know we already won that trade.
                          Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                          Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                          sigpic
                          Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                          1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                            Broxton'd!

I know nothing about the guy we got for him, but I know we already won that trade.
                            I was at the game yesterday. Jimmy Nelson pitched a pretty great game, except for the lone pitch Carpenter hit out.

I knew the Brewers were batting, but I still felt ill when I heard "Now pitching, Jonathan Broxton..." Sure enough, Broxton Broxton'd. First pitch too. How many games did he do that as a Brewer?

Between Broxton, and Axford, when will the Cardinals learn to quit accepting trades for Brewers setup/closers?
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

In the case of Broxton they're betting on regression in terms of how many of the flyballs he gives up leave the park. For the most part that makes sense because STL's park is more spacious and it's harder to hit HR's there but in Miller that's a dangerous proposition.

Comment

And Melvin announces that he will step down at GM immediately...will remain with the team in an advisory role.

Comment

Working...
                                X