Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    You are getting a Robin Yount bobblehead, yes?
    Nope. No plans for any of the giveaways this year.

Comment

There is no way he can keep up this torrid pace but Sogard could become a fan favorite.

Comment

Imagine if we had an actual, functioning bullpen...

Not sure how Feliz is still on this roster. Scahill, ugh. Torres, blah.
        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
        sigpic
        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
          Imagine if we had an actual, functioning bullpen...

Not sure how Feliz is still on this roster. Scahill, ugh. Torres, blah.
          All of them, blah. Knebel has some bright spots. The starting pitching has been better than I thought it would be. Do they still deal Garza and Braun? (um, assuming they come back from the DL) Even if, by some strange planetary alignment, they manage to win the division, I don't see them advancing.

Seems like they are getting a lot more hits with RISP this season.
          Last edited by jen; 06-08-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Well, Feliz is gone. http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...liz/395071001/
            Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
            sigpic
            Donate

Comment

We're almost to the All Star Break, and the Brewers are still in first place, people.

Braun's return has been delayed, but Villar will be back soon. Not that any of this matters, but if Braun's hurt, I don't think he's going anywhere. I would expect Garza is still on the trading block, now that he's back from his Aguilar-induced injury.

Fun game yesterday. And a good outing from the bullpen?!?

And they've done a lot of this without Braun. Perez, Pina and Santana have been very solid. Shaw has been great. Arcia is heating up offensively. I still don't honestly believe they'll be there in the end, but who knows? The rest of the division doesn't appear to want it, either.
              Last edited by jen; 06-23-2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                We're almost to the All Star Break, and the Brewers are still in first place, people.

Braun's return has been delayed, but Villar will be back soon. Not that any of this matters, but if Braun's hurt, I don't think he's going anywhere. I would expect Garza is still on the trading block, now that he's back from his Aguilar-induced injury.

Fun game yesterday. And a good outing from the bullpen?!?

And they've done a lot of this without Braun. Perez, Pina and Santana have been very solid. Shaw has been great. Arcia is heating up offensively. I still don't honestly believe they'll be there in the end, but who knows? The rest of the division doesn't appear to want it, either.
                Well the problem is a wild card spot is basically out of the question so they'd have to win the division. And fangraphs gives them about a 10% shot of doing that despite their lead.

Comment

It's the All Star break, and the Brewers are still in first place. 5.5 games up, and 9 games over .500. This is astounding. And very fun to watch.

And for those who say they're only doing it because the rest of the division sucks..... the Nationals only have 2 more wins than the Brewers.

I've seen rumors of the Brewers acquiring a starting pitcher. Not sure how I feel about that. I still don't feel like they should be buyers... but not sure they should be sellers, either. I don't think they can trade Garza at this point.... just in case. Unless they get a great deal. And Braun has been hurt so much, he's going to be even harder to dump.

Comment

Hey, this team is still pretty fun. 3.5 back in the division, and 2.5 back in the Wild Card. Pitching has been very good, minus Garza.

Comment

Hey, this team is still pretty fun. 3.5 back in the division, and 2.5 back in the Wild Card. Pitching has been very good, minus Garza.
                      Not dead yet. cubs are on fire it seems though and it's impossible to gain ground it seems. Suter supposedly starting in Garza's spot on Sun.
                      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                      sigpic
                      Donate

Comment

Not dead yet. cubs are on fire it seems though and it's impossible to gain ground it seems. Suter supposedly starting in Garza's spot on Sun.
                        Cubs may not be losing, but the Rockies are.... 1.5 out.

Comment

The Brewers are one game back in the Wild Card with 11 games to go (and 3.5 back in the division, with 4 coming up against the Cubs). This is not a drill. It's meaningful late September baseball. Get excited.

Comment

Kinda amazing that the team is even in the hunt with the talent they have. I'm guessing their draft position won't be dramatically altered whether they make or miss the playoffs so might as well just make it if possible.

Right now fangraphs has them at a 21% chance of making it, basically assuming the Brewers will go 5-6 and the Rockies will go 6-5. Will be interesting to see.

Comment

The Brewers are one game back in the Wild Card with 11 games to go (and 3.5 back in the division, with 4 coming up against the Cubs). This is not a drill. It's meaningful late September baseball. Get excited.
                              Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Kinda amazing that the team is even in the hunt with the talent they have. I'm guessing their draft position won't be dramatically altered whether they make or miss the playoffs so might as well just make it if possible.

Right now fangraphs has them at a 21% chance of making it, basically assuming the Brewers will go 5-6 and the Rockies will go 6-5. Will be interesting to see.
                              That one hurt tonight; could have been tied for the WC. Knebel's throw was terrible. Almost like he slipped, but they didn't really show a good replay. Oh well, bring on the cubbies.
                              Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                              sigpic
                              Donate

Comment

That one hurt tonight; could have been tied for the WC. Knebel's throw was terrible. Almost like he slipped, but they didn't really show a good replay. Oh well, bring on the cubbies.
                                Yep, that would've been huge. At least they didn't lose any ground.

Pitching matchups:
                                Arrieta vs. Davies
                                Lackey vs. Woodruff
                                Hendricks vs. Suter
                                Quintana vs. Anderson

FOUR real starters?

Rockies finish up with the Padres, Marlins and Dodgers.

Comment

Working...
                                X