Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Originally posted by burd View Post
    This cubs team has some serious offense problems that have been on display against all opponents. Colorado last night is an example. From what I've read and seen on Chi and local media, they definitely don't let other teams get into their heads, though. In fact, Madden is sometimes criticized for the opposite--having his team too laid back.

I just think the Brewers are the better team at this time. They have better hitting across the lineup and they have a stronger bull pen, especially with the Cubs' top two closers unavailable against Milw. Even with Strop and Morrow in the mix, Milw's pen is probably still better.

The Brewers should be representing the Central, and I hope they go all the way.
    It will be very interesting to see how they do going back to 25 players. I'm intrigued to see who makes the NLDS roster.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      It will be very interesting to see how they do going back to 25 players. I'm intrigued to see who makes the NLDS roster.
      Some interesting decisions to make. I think Santana definitely in - he has been surprisingly great at PH. Broxton and Thames not likely. Bullpen - who knows? Guerra's been good and Williams hasn't lately. But they only need 4 starters, so there's an extra spot somewhere.

I think the biggest surprise of game 163 was Arcia. WOW. Kid picked a really good time for his first 4 hit game after struggling all season. I'm excited to see what he does.

Comment

Counsell says it'll be Bullpen Day in Game 1, Chacin in Game 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
          Counsell says it'll be Bullpen Day in Game 1, Chacin in Game 2.
          Wow!
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Wow!
            I figured they were going to do it sometime. A little odd to do it when everyone has had 2 days of rest, I guess.

They are all "out getters", you know.

edit: they also said Chacin will be on short rest, so they don't expect him to pitch many innings.
            Last edited by jen; 10-03-2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
              They are all "out getters", you know.

I'm aware, but these new stats are starting to scare me. Someone hold me.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Roster is out. No Anderson, Davies, Cedeno, Jennings, Williams or Thames.

Cedeno hadn't impressed lately, but i thought Jennings was OK.

Only 7 players with previous postseason experience.

Woodruff will be the first out-getter today.
                Last edited by jen; 10-04-2018, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Roster is out. No Anderson, Davies, Cedeno, Jennings, Williams or Thames.

Cedeno hadn't impressed lately, but i thought Jennings was OK.

Only 7 players with previous postseason experience.

Woodruff will be the first out-getter today.
                  I'm quite fine with Woodruff being the opener...I would expect him to go 2 or 3 innings if it goes well...seems to me Counsell is going to try to get through today with 3-5 pitchers and focus on guys that can each go 2-3 innings, but who knows
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I guess having T Plush throw out the first pitch worked out OK.

However, we were unable to tell who delivered the lineup card. At this point in the season, can they keep putting pressure on Vogt?

Comment

I guess having T Plush throw out the first pitch worked out OK.

However, we were unable to tell who delivered the lineup card. At this point in the season, can they keep putting pressure on Vogt?
                      that was a pretty awesome game for 9 of 10 innings...I didn't get to watch most of the 2nd half...how did Jeffress look?

Comment

is jeffress the supposed closer, he was awful

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Wow! Blanking the Rox!

I get a day to breath now.

What a stressful yet fun time to watch! Can't imagine how much fun today was for those at the game.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Wow! Blanking the Rox!

What a stressful yet fun time to watch! Can't imagine how much fun today was for those at the game.
                            better today huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              better today huh?
                              Still not sure I'm completely on board with this "out-getters" theory, but it's sure worked well to this point.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Wow! Blanking the Rox!

I'm not sure about the players, but I definitely needed an off day.

Wade Miley going today.

It's also 7 years to the day that Nyjer Morgan walked off in NLDS Game 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X