Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

HR heaven-

https://www.mlb.com/brewers/video/mu...3?tid=11493214

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8LC-9k9d7I
    WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

On that note: Thirteen memorable Milwaukee Brewers walk-offs in past 10 years
      Most have embedded Youtube clips. My favorite part of the article, even though it lacks clips, is
      2013 full of ‘remember these guys?’ walk-offs

April 17, 2013: Blake Lalli hit a game-winning RBI single in the ninth to beat the Giants, 4-3.

July 21, 2013: Caleb Gindl hit a walk-off home run against Ryan Webb as the Brewers beat the Marlins in 13 innings, 1-0.

September 15, 2013: Sean Halton hit a home run against Zach Duke to beat the Reds, 6-5. Halton also drove in a run in the seventh, and the Brewers scored three in the eighth to tie.

September 27, 2013: Logan Schafer’s squeeze bunt lifted the Brewers to a 4-3 win over the Cubs.
      Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
      sigpic
      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
        I enjoyed that.

Speaking of walkoffs.. I also enjoyed last night's game. This team is definitely not boring. I mean, 2 games in a row with 3 errors? Who else can generate that kind of excitement?
        Last edited by jen; 04-07-2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Yelich is finally back and starting today.

Heading to the game today. I saw the club section while volunteering for the MPS Science fair last week, and it's more redecorating than remodeling (although there are cool murals highlighting important events in Brewers' history). There are also rumors of a build-your-own-nachos/tacos stand and I intend to investigate.

Comment

The rock climbing wall is gone. God bless America.

Comment

I am thoroughly impressed with FS-Wisconsin's coverage of the Brewers games, including field reporter Sophia Minnaert. With her being fluently bi-lingual, she's always able to converse with the players or their family in their native language. She just had a touching interview with Freddy Peralta's mom, who had flown in with family to watch her son pitch for the Sky Sox last night, only to be told that he was being called up to pitch today.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                I am thoroughly impressed with FS-Wisconsin's coverage of the Brewers games, including field reporter Sophia Minnaert. With her being fluently bi-lingual, she's always able to converse with the players or their family in their native language. She just had a touching interview with Freddy Peralta's mom, who had flown in with family to watch her son pitch for the Sky Sox last night, only to be told that he was being called up to pitch today.
                Coshun, though... blech. Rest of the crew is great. I also like Matt Lepay as the Interim BA.

The smile on Freddy Peralta's face when he came out of that game was outstanding.

Comment

I know it's early, but guess which team has the most wins in the NL?

They are definitely exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                    I know it's early, but guess which team has the most wins in the NL?

They are definitely exciting.
                    I'm unsure if following Kato Kaelin on Twitter has been good for my sanity regarding this team. Every time I see him tweet about the team, it's how Counsell needs to be fired, how the pitching staff continually blows games, and everyone is useless.

I was genuinely surprised to see that they lead the division this past weekend.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm unsure if following Kato Kaelin on Twitter has been good for my sanity regarding this team. Every time I see him tweet about the team, it's how Counsell needs to be fired, how the pitching staff continually blows games, and everyone is useless.

I was genuinely surprised to see that they lead the division this past weekend.
                      you could've stopped that sentence after "sanity" I do not understand people who only complain about sports. It must be pretty miserable to be them.

One of my favorite Brewer stories this year is Jeffress. What an amazing year after struggling in Texas. Also nice to see Johnny V. out of the doghouse.

If they keep this up, they'll be buyers at the deadline.

Comment

I just hovered my cursor over the thread and it showed me the first post. The Brewers Opening Day roster from 2015. Only TWO of those guys are still Brewers (and then one left and came back).

Starting a fresh new thread for the 2015 season and beyond.

Opening Day 25 Man Roster:

Pitchers
                        54 - RHP - Michael Blazek
                        51 - RHP - Jonathan Broxton
                        48 - LHP - Neal Cotts
                        50 - RHP - Mike Fiers
                        22 - RHP - Matt Garza
                        21 - RHP - Jeremy Jeffress
                        26 - RHP - Kyle Lohse
                        52 - RHP - Jimmy Nelson
                        38 - RHP - Wily Peralta
                        57 - RHP - Francisco Rodriguez
                        13 - LHP - Will Smith
                        30 - RHP - Tyler Thornburg

Catchers
                        20 - Jonathan Lucroy
                        12 - Martin Maldonado

Infielders
                        2 - Scooter Gennett
                        5 - Hector Gomez
                        14 - Luis Jimenez
                        24 - Adam Lind
                        16 - Aramis Ramirez
                        9 - Jean Segura

Outfielders
                        8 - Ryan Braun
                        18 - Khris Davis
                        27 - Carlos Gomez
                        28 - Gerardo Parra
                        7 - Logan Schafer

Disabled List
                        29 - RHP - Jim Henderson

Lets Go Brewers!

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                          I just hovered my cursor over the thread and it showed me the first post. The Brewers Opening Day roster from 2015. Only TWO of those guys are still Brewers (and then one left and came back).
                          3 (Nelson, Jeffress, Braun), but point taken. It's amazing how fast the turnover happened!
                          Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                          Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                          sigpic
                          Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                          1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                            3 (Nelson, Jeffress, Braun), but point taken. It's amazing how fast the turnover happened!
                            Jeffress is not "still" a Brewer. He was a Ranger, and now he's a Brewer again, which is why I specified that another one left and came back.

Comment

Sogard and Adrian Houser called up, Erik Kratz acquired from Yankees for PTBNL or cash. Jett Bandy DFAed, Lopez and Arcia sent to Colo Springs. Guess that's not TOO surprising, Arcia hasn't hit all year... but I am still a little surprised. I'm sure this is also related to Saladino's OPS.
                              Last edited by jen; 05-25-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Still in first place (although it really doesn't matter). Shutting out the Cubs two games in a row is certainly pleasant.

Knebel still can't throw his curveball for a strike, but apparently it doesn't matter TOO much.

p.s. I finally had a Johnsonville brat. My official stance is it's a downgrade from Klements.

Comment

Working...
                                X