Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Hey, this is fun stuff, huh?

Has anyone heard if Flaherty is still starting in Chicago?

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
      Hey, this is fun stuff, huh?

Has anyone heard if Flaherty is still starting in Chicago?
      Mike Montgomery for the Cubs so it looks like they're setting their playoff rotation. Cardinals are doing us a solid and starting Jack Flaherty, so yes.

Also appears the Brewers went from TBA to putting Gio Gonzalez on the mound this afternoon, while the Tigers end the season with rookie Spencer Turnbull.
      Last edited by aparch; 09-30-2018, 11:22 AM.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Turnbull is a top Tiger pitching prospect, but this is his 2nd or 3rd career start. The Tiger bullpen is shot, as a starter can't get out of the 4th or 5th inning on a regular basis.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Aaaand the Brewers are in the end zone. Now, do they kick the extra point, or do they go for 2?

God, that was fun...

Comment

8-0.

Go beat the Cubs in Chicago tomorrow.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Brewers still have not announced their starter for today. Has to be Chacin, right? Why don't they want to say? The bullpen is rested.. but what if they need it tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                Brewers still have not announced their starter for today. Has to be Chacin, right? Why don't they want to say? The bullpen is rested.. but what if they need it tomorrow?
                Nope. Brewers still holding that one close to the vest.

TBA vs Quintana in the early game,
                Marquez vs Buehler in the late game.

I wouldn't think they'd tank today as a bullpen game knowing they'd have to play a single elimination game tomorrow.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Nope. Brewers still holding that one close to the vest.

TBA vs Quintana in the early game,
                  Marquez vs Buehler in the late game.

I wouldn't think they'd tank today as a bullpen game knowing they'd have to play a single elimination game tomorrow.
                  Chacin, per McCalvy about 2 minutes ago.

and a bullpen game for the Brewers is not "tanking".

Comment

Aaaaaaaaand as soon as I typed that:

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Bullpen game today would make some sense with full rosters today...have to do 25-man roster tomorrow...
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Anyone got any extra tickets for Friday?
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I am so ****ing glad they don't have to face the Cubs again.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                            I am so ****ing glad they don't have to face the Cubs again.
                            I don't know, I kinda think we were in their heads, but bring on the Rockies!

Comment

I went to bed after the 9th. When the Cubs tied it up I said to myself "oh great, they're going to get momentum and win this then go up and steal two in Milwaukee."

Glad the Rockies won, but not sure how I feel about the Brewers playing them.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                I don't know, I kinda think we were in their heads, but bring on the Rockies!
                                This cubs team has some serious offense problems that have been on display against all opponents. Colorado last night is an example. From what I've read and seen on Chi and local media, they definitely don't let other teams get into their heads, though. In fact, Madden is sometimes criticized for the opposite--having his team too laid back.

I just think the Brewers are the better team at this time. They have better hitting across the lineup and they have a stronger bull pen, especially with the Cubs' top two closers unavailable against Milw. Even with Strop and Morrow in the mix, Milw's pen is probably still better.

The Brewers should be representing the Central, and I hope they go all the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X