X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I'm so confused.....what are you guys talking about?
    Things to use in the bed room.

Some women want to spend a night with a fireman, others with a grave digger. Whatever floats your boat.
    Go Terriers Go! BTW, I'm just another guy hiding behind a keyboard.

Comment

https://youtu.be/L_0GLq0btLI

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        The Rangers ceremony with the Broadway Hat...

How many years now?

Only during the playoffs? Or all season?

Previous winner decides next recipient?

Do any other teams have a similar tradition?
        They've been doing it for several years with that hat that looks like something Toe Blake would've worn.

The Caps have a stove pipe hat and fake beard to look like Abe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Thank you!
            anytime

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
              FWIW, BU had some concerns about Starrett since early in the season. In addition to playing for SSK this season, he worked regularly with Mike Geragosian, who has his own goalie school. It appears that BU had to decided between Maguire and Starrett as carrying three scholarship goalies is unlikely. Good luck to him in Colorado Springs and on that beautiful campus.
              I suppose it's good for both sides. If I had to choose between the two, based on the little info on Starrett I've seen, I'd choose Maguire. He's got some big game experience under his belt from 12-13, specifically the HE championship that he performed well in. I didn't realize he was able to put up a .919 in 13-14 with the subpar at best defensive corps in front of him. Certainly right now our D corps look to be a big strong point of our squad next season, so if he can put up a .919 with MacGregor, Ronan, and TJ Ryan in front of him, I'd like to see what he can do with Grzelcyk, MacLeod, Hickey, McAvoy, et al in front of him.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                I suppose it's good for both sides. If I had to choose between the two, based on the little info on Starrett I've seen, I'd choose Maguire. He's got some big game experience under his belt from 12-13, specifically the HE championship that he performed well in. I didn't realize he was able to put up a .919 in 13-14 with the subpar at best defensive corps in front of him. Certainly right now our D corps look to be a big strong point of our squad next season, so if he can put up a .919 with MacGregor, Ronan, and TJ Ryan in front of him, I'd like to see what he can do with Grzelcyk, MacLeod, Hickey, McAvoy, et al in front of him.
                what does save pct have to do with d corp? Maybe wins or goals against, but what does save pct have to do with it?

lost me there

Comment

what does save pct have to do with d corp? Maybe wins or goals against, but what does save pct have to do with it?

lost me there
                  Boyle, Kevin.

Comment

Was actually wondering the other day if anyone out there is on to a metric beyond save percentage. One that could account for the quality of the shot/opportunity. Seems almost impossible to do this but was still curious. wouldn't put anything past the nerds out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Yes people seem to be forgetting that Macguire was just as good as O'Connor his first two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbz View Post
                        Yes people seem to be forgetting that Macguire was just as good as O'Connor his first two years.
                        My issue isn't that Maguire wasn't pretty good before, I'm more concerned with the fact that he had surgery and hasn't played in a year. Who knows how he's going to be when he comes back? Somebody (Rogie? somebody else?) said he had been at practice this semester so I imagine the coaches have seen what he can do and don't seem to be concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          Since we are being completely honest, the player was looking to go to an ivy or air force well before the start of the season. BU was a safety school in the families and players eyes. Education and hockey in that order. If he could have gotten into either earlier he would have. Had been working with a private ivy sat tutor for the past year+ with one goal, not to go to BU. Is that a fact, yes it is. If he had wanted to, he would be there. As soon as he hit the magic number on sat test, bye.... Not saying NU isn't better hockey as it is, but some people get the fact that 99% wont play nhl and if you are good, especially a goalie it does not matter where you play.
                          He certainly didn't seem to be excited to be going to Air Force rather than BU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

lost me there
                            Bad defensemen -> better shots and scoring opportunities -> lower save percentage. Not that hard to figure out.

Comment

Since we are being completely honest, the player was looking to go to an ivy or air force well before the start of the season. BU was a safety school in the families and players eyes. Education and hockey in that order. If he could have gotten into either earlier he would have. Had been working with a private ivy sat tutor for the past year+ with one goal, not to go to BU. Is that a fact, yes it is. If he had wanted to, he would be there. As soon as he hit the magic number on sat test, bye.... Not saying NU isn't better hockey as it is, but some people get the fact that 99% wont play nhl and if you are good, especially a goalie it does not matter where you play.
                              Is there an emoticon that indicates "truthiness"?
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Colin Wilson is on fire.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X