Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015-16 Schedules

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Like I said earlier, I wonder if it's to cut down on motel expenses.
    could that be it?? makes $en$e. who knows maybe the smokie room has something to do with it...ps dont like the end of the schedule for Oswego a few big North country trips,and a western swing may jetlag them a little..that will be the time to roll 4 lines

Comment

I like it. They need to be battle tested and playing their best hockey at the end of the season. They will potentially be playing three Western teams which should have them ready to beat a Western team come NCAA time. Plus two games with Utica again is great because they are very physical and games with them are always a battle. I would like to see a second game with Nazareth or one with Hobart but there aren't enough games to go around. I hope they can get a decent opponent for the exhibition, a Canadian college team or a top level ACHA team would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
        I like it. They need to be battle tested and playing their best hockey at the end of the season. They will potentially be playing three Western teams which should have them ready to beat a Western team come NCAA time. Plus two games with Utica again is great because they are very physical and games with them are always a battle. I would like to see a second game with Nazareth or one with Hobart but there aren't enough games to go around. I hope they can get a decent opponent for the exhibition, a Canadian college team or a top level ACHA team would be good.
        Ok I see your point but hope to be battle tested by that point of the season,around that time there is usually a bunch of bumps and bruises,think we had Gert,and a few other bagned up at the end of last season,thought it would be good to be home come those last few games,who knows we will see.Wouldnt mind the U-18 team as well..and they may want some payback as well,but most of the players have moved on to D1

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          Ok I see your point but hope to be battle tested by that point of the season,around that time there is usually a bunch of bumps and bruises,think we had Gert,and a few other bagned up at the end of last season,thought it would be good to be home come those last few games,who knows we will see.Wouldnt mind the U-18 team as well..and they may want some payback as well,but most of the players have moved on to D1
          Very weird not seeing Elmira on the schedule. Hopefully that will be back in 16-17.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Very weird not seeing Elmira on the schedule. Hopefully that will be back in 16-17.
            Yea no elmira no hobart,but possible 3x vs the U

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              Yea no elmira no hobart,but possible 3x vs the U
              We love you bak, but as has already been stated the Tournament in Utica is predetermined, hence the Vs St Thomas and Vs. St Johns. Oswego WILL NOT be playing Utica win or lose in the tournament.
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                We love you bak, but as has already been stated the Tournament in Utica is predetermined, hence the Vs St Thomas and Vs. St Johns. Oswego WILL NOT be playing Utica win or lose in the tournament.
                10-4 I guess I was just hoping we would play them 3x and kick their ^$*

Comment

Nice job (as per usual) by OSU in terms of not ducking anyone OOC. Their AD definitely has a set, to schedule Naz in Rochester right after visiting Utica. That's a tough place to play on short rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Nice job (as per usual) by OSU in terms of not ducking anyone OOC. Their AD definitely has a set, to schedule Naz in Rochester right after visiting Utica. That's a tough place to play on short rest.
                    Eddie seems to be trying everything he can to prepare this group for the post season. Playing anyone the night after playing Utica, especially on the road, is tough because they play so physical. You need to be able to play two tough games in a row at the final four and Utica is as tough a first game as you will face. If he could play Utica on Friday night of every non-conference set I think he would.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      The AD has nothing to do with the schedule in most cases.

The conference sets up the league schedule and then normally the head coach or the school's scheduling coordinator does the non-conference.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                        Eddie seems to be trying everything he can to prepare this group for the post season. Playing anyone the night after playing Utica, especially on the road, is tough because they play so physical. You need to be able to play two tough games in a row at the final four and Utica is as tough a first game as you will face. If he could play Utica on Friday night of every non-conference set I think he would.
                        physical for sure, Utica has added some huge dmen to the roster to go along with some big ones already several guys 6'4' and over one 6'7' I think and a few little ones at 6'2',those will be bang'em up games for sure

Comment

The conference sets up the league schedule and then normally the head coach or the school's scheduling coordinator does the non-conference.
                          But the AD/School can limit the resources on travel as to where a team can/can not afford to go.

Still, replacing Stonehill and SNHU on the schedule with St.Thomas/St.Johns. Williams/Adrian/and even Castleton in your tournament. It could be a very good thing for Oswego and a very bad thing. A lot of potential Tournament ranked teams. Gotta win the big games (just in case)....
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

My point was that *somebody* at Oswego has scheduled that team very astutely since I've been paying attention.

Anyway, irrelevant details aside, good for them. Seems to me that they take the bull by the horns every year and do just fine. SOS counts.

Comment

2015-16 Elmira schedule:

Fri, Nov 6 NEUMANN
                              Sat, Nov 7 MANHATTANVILLE
                              Fri, Nov 13 at Utica
                              Sat, Nov 14 at Nazareth
                              Fri, Nov 20 HOBART
                              Sat, Nov 21 HOBART
                              Sat, Nov 28 BABSON (3:00)
                              Sun, Nov 29 AMHERST (3:00)
                              Tue, Dec 8 POTSDAM
                              Fri, Dec 11 at Wesleyan
                              Sat, Dec 12 at Trinity (4:30)
                              Fri, Jan 8 at Brockport
                              Sat, Jan 9 GENESEO
                              Tue, Jan 12 at Buffalo State
                              Fri, Jan 15 at Salve Regina
                              Sat, Jan 16 at Curry
                              Fri, Jan 22 at Manhattanville
                              Sat, Jan 23 at Manhattanville
                              Fri, Jan 29 at Neumann
                              Sat, Jan 30 at Neumann
                              Fri, Feb 5 NAZARETH
                              Sat, Feb 6 NAZARETH
                              Fri, Feb 12 UTICA
                              Sat, Feb 13 UTICA
                              Fri, Frb 19 at Hobart

Only 1 home game between December 8 and February 5. Yuk.

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
                                2015-16 Elmira schedule:

Fri, Nov 6 NEUMANN
                                Sat, Nov 7 MANHATTANVILLE
                                Fri, Nov 13 at Utica
                                Sat, Nov 14 at Nazareth
                                Fri, Nov 20 HOBART
                                Sat, Nov 21 HOBART
                                Sat, Nov 28 BABSON (3:00)
                                Sun, Nov 29 AMHERST (3:00)
                                Tue, Dec 8 POTSDAM
                                Fri, Dec 11 at Wesleyan
                                Sat, Dec 12 at Trinity (4:30)
                                Fri, Jan 8 at Brockport
                                Sat, Jan 9 GENESEO
                                Tue, Jan 12 at Buffalo State
                                Fri, Jan 15 at Salve Regina
                                Sat, Jan 16 at Curry
                                Fri, Jan 22 at Manhattanville
                                Sat, Jan 23 at Manhattanville
                                Fri, Jan 29 at Neumann
                                Sat, Jan 30 at Neumann
                                Fri, Feb 5 NAZARETH
                                Sat, Feb 6 NAZARETH
                                Fri, Feb 12 UTICA
                                Sat, Feb 13 UTICA
                                Fri, Frb 19 at Hobart

Only 1 home game between December 8 and February 5. Yuk.
                                and NO Oswego either

Comment

Working...
                                X