Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley University Hockey 2015-2016: The Quest for 60-Minute Hockey

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post

Fyi, they are French and know nothing about hockey so they will probably be rooting for the officials!
    Or Max French...just because.
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
      Or Max French...just because.
      Well Played Mar!

If they were jersey's, they will be dual use then!
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Hello all,

Are tickets still 6 or 7 bucks at the door? Taking in both games and introducing local hockey to some area transplants and don't want to mislead them on the price.

Fyi, they are French and know nothing about hockey so they will probably be rooting for the officials!
        That's right, do not pay scalpers outside the arena, especially if they are asking over $50 for premium seats.

Max French's PPGs has plummeted to 10th overall in Div 1, at 1.41, after a miserable past weekend all around for the Falcons. RIT chose a bad weekend to visit, as the Falcons should be looking to make up for losing four of their last five.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          That's right, do not pay scalpers outside the arena, especially if they are asking over $50 for premium seats.

Max French's PPGs has plummeted to 10th overall in Div 1, at 1.41, after a miserable past weekend all around for the Falcons. RIT chose a bad weekend to visit, as the Falcons should be looking to make up for losing four of their last five.
          I bought the package deal through Stub Hub which includes a gourmet meal at the JAR's restaurant and reserved seating in front of the bleacher warmers, it was too good to pass up!

Hoping Rotolo is back from injury and we don't have a replay of the last set of games I went to, some two years ago.
          RIT Tigers

Comment

I bought the package deal through Stub Hub which includes a gourmet meal at the JAR's restaurant and reserved seating in front of the bleacher warmers, it was too good to pass up!

Hoping Rotolo is back from injury and we don't have a replay of the last set of games I went to, some two years ago.
            Well done!

Comment

Sounds amazing. I'll have to do that the next time I visit the JAR.
              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
              Men's Frozen Four 2010
              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                Hello all,

Are tickets still 6 or 7 bucks at the door? Taking in both games and introducing local hockey to some area transplants and don't want to mislead them on the price.

How was the game? I could not attend, but looks like I will be dropping down in the AHC Pick 'Em standings. :-(

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  How was the game? I could not attend, but looks like I will be dropping down in the AHC Pick 'Em standings. :-(
                  Good game, exciting finish with the empty net on Friday. Somebody recommended John Brewers on this thread last season so we went there for some pre game beers and burgers so thanks for that! Good turn out by the Tigers fans on both nights but it looked like about 200 Bentley students on Saturday night so a good crowd for both games but not the outcome you were looking for after Frdays effort by your guys.
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                    Good game, exciting finish with the empty net on Friday. Somebody recommended John Brewers on this thread last season so we went there for some pre game beers and burgers so thanks for that! Good turn out by the Tigers fans on both nights but it looked like about 200 Bentley students on Saturday night so a good crowd for both games but not the outcome you were looking for after Frdays effort by your guys.
                    Nope, another bad weekend for the Falcons. Even Dan Rubin and Chris Lerch were predicting a Bentley sweep this weekend. But, the Falcons only have one line that can score, and unfortunately a couple of lines and defensive pairs that cannot play D. Swan dive has begun earlier the second half of this season than last year, which is a shame as earlier in the season the team showed potential to be at the top of the AHC.

Comment

Not sure what to think about the falcons this weekend. Probably need a big shake up now. Always said they need to break up the top forward line. Gotta spread the offense. Top D pairing is a problem too. Catch 22. Decent offensively and PP (at least it was), but they are a real defensive liability. Can't believe the number of 2 on 1s given up. Defensive responsibility is basically non existent by forwards and D.

Comment

These last few games have been really hard to watch. The boys are really struggling, especially considering their potential. To me, it just seems like a lack of confidence. When they get down, they just can't seem to find a rhythm and struggle to make plays and maintain possession of the puck. There were a lot of moments in those games that really showed how talented this team is, but they continue to exemplify the title of this thread, the quest for 60 minute hockey. They have a reasonably easy remaining schedule, including their second series against a struggling Mercyhurst team, and if they can find a groove they should certainly be able to make a playoff push.
                        Also, in those last 4 games I think they out shot their opponents in 3/4 games, which is unacceptable considering the scores.
                        It'll also be interesting to see what Soder decides to do with the goalie situation, as Argue made a couple of inexcusable mistakes in that second game against RIT.

In order to start playing better, I think they need to do the following:
                        Preventing/better defending against the odd man rush
                        Play with confidence
                        Find a lineup that is consistent and stick with it
                        Give up fewer powerplays
                        PUT THE PUCK IN THE **** NET

Comment

My 2 cents worth on shake up for the 1-5 falcons in last 6, based on my season observations. This is a good team with talent in the wrong places. JMO, Monday morning QB
                          F's
                          12-22-20
                          17-16-7
                          25-27-11
                          18-28-10

D
                          19-21
                          4-5
                          24-23

G can go either way

More distributive scoring, more defensive responsibility, more size and toughness.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                            My 2 cents worth on shake up for the 1-5 falcons in last 6, based on my season observations. This is a good team with talent in the wrong places. JMO, Monday morning QB
                            F's
                            12-22-20
                            17-16-7
                            25-27-11
                            18-28-10

D
                            19-21
                            4-5
                            24-23

G can go either way

More distributive scoring, more defensive responsibility, more size and toughness.
                            Would be an interesting shake up. With five frosh forwards and three frosh D-men, I was hoping that the team would improve as they gained experience, but for whatever reasons, that does not seem to be the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Would be an interesting shake up. With five frosh forwards and three frosh D-men, I was hoping that the team would improve as they gained experience, but for whatever reasons, that does not seem to be the case.
                              I agree completely. The 8 of the frosh, along with the vets have been under and mis utilized. But, like I said it's always easier to be the coach after the fact

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                                F's
                                12-22-20
                                17-16-7
                                25-27-11
                                18-28-10

D
                                19-21
                                4-5
                                24-23

G can go either way

Soderquist channeled your 4-5 D pair, but went with 24-21 and 19-15 for the other two.

He stuck with 12-16-20, which paid off big in third, with 17-27-10, 26-22-18, and 7-28-11 for the other three lines, until 17 got tossed for a 5-minute boarding and game misconduct midway through the second.

So, for one period tonight, the Falcons remembered how to bury the puck in the net, and totally dominated the Yellow Jackets with SOG for the entire game. A bit of a scare with about a minute left when Antoni dropped to the ice at the side of his net, but he stayed in for the final minute.

Hoping that the Falcons can use this win as a turning point for the remainder of the season.
                                Last edited by Snively65; 01-22-2016, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X