Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley University Hockey 2015-2016: The Quest for 60-Minute Hockey

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    Just an FYI that while I'm not heading out to AIC for the Wednesday night game but will be carrying a broadcast from Tate Rink in West Point on the Friday night before Senior Day.
    Is that to scout Army for the Bentley coaches?
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
      Is that to scout Army for the Bentley coaches?
      Ouch! But, I think that the Bentley coaches will be on the bench with the team. Then again, maybe not, part of a new experiment?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Ouch! But, I think that the Bentley coaches will be on the bench with the team. Then again, maybe not, part of a new experiment?
        Maybe I wasn't clear, I meant no harm. I meant that Dan would be taking notes at the Army/Mercyhurst game to help the Bentley coaches prepare to face Army the following weekend.

RIT Tigers
        Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Bentley has played well when playing against Army earlier in the season, a 2-2 tie and 6-2 win. They will need a clean sweep in the three remaining contests.

Seeing as many as five (5) teams are still in the race for that coveted 5th place finish. Mercyhurst, Canisius, Bentley, Army & Sacred Heart all battling down the final stretch of games.

If the final spot comes down to a tie in overall points, are things decided by head to head points, goal differential or some other method?

Comment

Originally posted by Ballroomblitz View Post
            Bentley has played well when playing against Army earlier in the season, a 2-2 tie and 6-2 win. They will need a clean sweep in the three remaining contests.

Seeing as many as five (5) teams are still in the race for that coveted 5th place finish. Mercyhurst, Canisius, Bentley, Army & Sacred Heart all battling down the final stretch of games.

If the final spot comes down to a tie in overall points, are things decided by head to head points, goal differential or some other method?
            There is a link to 2016 tie breaker on AHC's website, but the file it links to is Tiebreaker for 2012-2013. I don't think it's changed though.

Here is the tiebreaker for seeding for the 2012-13 Tournament
            1. Winning percentage head-to-head
            2. Conference Wins
            3. Goal differential in head-to-head contests
            4. Goals allowed in head-to-head contests
            5. Winning percentage head-to-head against teams seeded 1 thru 12, staring with the #1 seed.
            6. Goal differential in games against teams seeded 1 thru 12, starting with the #1 seed."

RIT Tigers
            Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
              Maybe I wasn't clear, I meant no harm. I meant that Dan would be taking notes at the Army/Mercyhurst game to help the Bentley coaches prepare to face Army the following weekend.
              I keep forgetting about the bye week. Good thing my wife reminds me that I owe her one for the entire season. She's a real trooper.
              Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                There is a link to 2016 tie breaker on AHC's website, but the file it links to is Tiebreaker for 2012-2013. I don't think it's changed though.
                Chris threw something up on his weekly post today if you guys want to check that out.

Comment

They haven't changed, other than the fact that there are now 11 teams and not 12.

Comment

Check out tonight's lines... French being out is definitely a concern, Chugg playing offense?? Also, Bacon and Reardon on the 2nd line with Ahlgren, Antoni in net... Soder is looking a little desperate.

Comment

Gotta be more injuries than are being let on. Chugg played some forward in the BCHL, filled in pretty well tonight

Comment

Can things get any worse?

Comment

Tonight's game wasn't all that bad. Considering all the injuries, (at least I'm assuming they're injuries) the boys played pretty well tonight, especially Antoni. Army is a much better team than they let on, and the guys stayed with them. Really good performance the last couple nights from that thrown together 4th line, with the 2 defensemen getting their first goals as wingers. The home-ice in the playoffs is definitely a bonus, even though we might not have earned it, but the 8 seed means playing against Sacred Heart, followed possibly by Robert Morris. Two very dangerous teams, but if the boys can keep their heads on straight (and get a few guys back from injury), I could see them making a run.

Comment

• Originally posted by acohen527 View Post
                            Tonight's game wasn't all that bad. Considering all the injuries, (at least I'm assuming they're injuries) the boys played pretty well tonight, especially Antoni. Army is a much better team than they let on, and the guys stayed with them. Really good performance the last couple nights from that thrown together 4th line, with the 2 defensemen getting their first goals as wingers. The home-ice in the playoffs is definitely a bonus, even though we might not have earned it, but the 8 seed means playing against Sacred Heart, followed possibly by Robert Morris. Two very dangerous teams, but if the boys can keep their heads on straight (and get a few guys back from injury), I could see them making a run.
                            Agreed; hosting Sacred Heart is better than hosting the 'hurst, as we did last year. Hope that we can get everyone back for next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Can things get any worse?
                              Yeah I mean - I don't understand the negativity. Yes, this team has been up against it lately, but last night's game was one of the better college hockey games I've seen in general. Also - just as a statement - this team is really banged up. Even so, they managed to get four goals this weekend from depth scoring. The fourth line is cobbled together with 2 defenseman (one of which did play forward in juniors, so...), and a senior who really hasn't played that much. While that was happening, that fourth line put together three goals on the weekend and was arguably the best line on the ice.

I think there's cause for a cautious optimism heading into the playoffs. The margin for error in this league is razor thin and case in point is this upcoming weekend. If Bentley isn't injury-riddled, they're playing potentially as a 5 or 6 seed. If Sacred Heart doesn't lose 3 guys yesterday, there's a chance this series is in Milford. So.... I think Bentley fans should be happy with a win and we'll see where the chips fall. Anything can happen, and given what the team has dealt with over the last month, I think there's still cause for optimism. If they don't do it, then they left everything on the table. If they do, then they overcame the odds.

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                                Yeah I mean - I don't understand the negativity. Yes, this team has been up against it lately, but last night's game was one of the better college hockey games I've seen in general. Also - just as a statement - this team is really banged up. Even so, they managed to get four goals this weekend from depth scoring. The fourth line is cobbled together with 2 defenseman (one of which did play forward in juniors, so...), and a senior who really hasn't played that much. While that was happening, that fourth line put together three goals on the weekend and was arguably the best line on the ice.

I think there's cause for a cautious optimism heading into the playoffs. The margin for error in this league is razor thin and case in point is this upcoming weekend. If Bentley isn't injury-riddled, they're playing potentially as a 5 or 6 seed. If Sacred Heart doesn't lose 3 guys yesterday, there's a chance this series is in Milford. So.... I think Bentley fans should be happy with a win and we'll see where the chips fall. Anything can happen, and given what the team has dealt with over the last month, I think there's still cause for optimism. If they don't do it, then they left everything on the table. If they do, then they overcame the odds.
                                Yeah, i agree. I can be about as negative as they come, but this was a very good hockey game to watch. I love it when adversity strikes and "next men up" come through. Continues to show the parity in college hockey players today. Army does look really good heading into the playoffs, should be another fun start to the playoffs

Comment

Working...
                                X