• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    NO...don't go there.
    Why? I love that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Why? I love that place.
      Because if one is in kenmore they should eat at Popeyes then go to cromwells for beer and free popcorn
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: Frozen Four - Where to Eat? Drink? Must See Stuff

Very nice lattes at Maloney Hall café at BC.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
          ... and the site of the biggest art theft ever. Unsolved to this day, over 25 years later.
          And that. Which somehow just adds to the oddball lore of the place.

Comment

Why? I love that place.
            You must like Five Guys as well. The greasiest fries ever...I wish they would bring back the old "Libby's" that used to be there during my school days ("Two BU!!!!")

Comment

You must like Five Guys as well. The greasiest fries ever...I wish they would bring back the old "Libby's" that used to be there during my school days ("Two BU!!!!")
              Not a fan of Five Guys. Too expensive for what you get and I can do without the fries to feed a family of four. I don't think UBurger's fried are greasy at all.

Long range forecast shows it's probably going to rain the entire weekend.

Comment

Not the world's biggest Five Guys fan. They're better than some things, but not great. UBurger is run by a couple of nice guys , which I like, and they have chicken sandwiches, too.
                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

I always go to the Fours. Whether you want a beverage before the game or a full meal it will accommodate you. Highly recommend the clam chowder.

If you are fortunate enough to have tickets on the club level there are a few restaurants you'll have access to for before the game or during the break between. Also you get free access to the sports museum. Sit in the penalty box from the old Garden, experience the joy of watching a game from obstructed view seats, see Jim Craig's locker and literally hundreds of exhibits. Be sure to go upstairs because there's more. If you are seated in the Club section they have inseat wait service. If you're in the Sports Deck you get free appetizers and soft drinks.

Comment

also.....

be aware that the government center T stop is not in operation. so if you think you are going to get out there for anything, you ain't.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Long range forecast shows it's probably going to rain the entire weekend.
                      It does? That's not what I'm seeing. Thursday doesn't look great, but Friday and Saturday might turn out to be decent (but probably cool) days.
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        also.....

be aware that the government center T stop is not in operation. so if you think you are going to get out there for anything, you ain't.
                        Too bad. That's the most convenient stop to view the architectural pride of Boston, City Hall! (If you happen to visit the Faneuil Hall area, and you notice a really ugly, depressing building, that's the Boston City Hall.)

And speaking of architecture, if you visit the previously mentioned MIT Museum (highly recommended, if you're kinda nerdy) make sure you see the "Dr. Seuss" building, very striking and the subject of a lawsuit between MIT and the architect, for mundane stuff like drainage and cracking walls, not the design itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                          It does? That's not what I'm seeing. Thursday doesn't look great, but Friday and Saturday might turn out to be decent (but probably cool) days.
                          Nobody should pay attention to a weather forecast a week out in New England

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                            Take the Orange Line to the Mass Ave stop, get off and walk to St Boltoph St.

Or take the Green Line to Northeastern University, walk down Huntington, take a right onto Gainsborough, let onto Boltoph.
                            Great place to watch hockey and the oldest indoor ice arena in the country.

Comment

Last edited by MN Magic; 04-08-2015, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MN Magic View Post
                                Living in the Midwest we have access to the best beef and poultry, so I would like some great Seafood next week. Does anyone know if No Name is better than Legal Seafood?
                                Legal's is a nicer restaurant. The No Name is very simple and casual and you may be eating picnic table-style with strangers. The menu is not as extensive or fancy, for lack of a better term, but the fish is fresh and delicious and way more reasonably priced than Legal's.

Comment

Working...
                                X