Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota announces name.

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    So...am I right? UND has to have a nickname and can't just be UND, right?
    They don't have to have a nickname, but the admins seem to think that having something else official on the books people will suddenly stop using the name Fighting Sioux. If you've been to a [ ] game recently, after several years of officially having no name, if you think ANYONE in the building cheering for UND ISN'T still using Sioux, you would be mistaken. They can't even get through the National Anthem without the entire UND fan base yelling it. Regardless of what they come up with, the only folks who are going to be using it are those in charge of merchandise manufacturing.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

So...am I right? UND has to have a nickname and can't just be UND, right?
      No, you are not right.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
        No, you are not right.
        OK...there is absolutely no reason for me to ever believe anything you have to say. Can anyone with a legit source tell me if there is or isn't an NCAA rule that a college HAS to have a nickname?
        Last edited by Dude Love; 06-20-2015, 02:33 AM.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

OK...there is absolutely no reason for me to ever believe anything you have to say. Can anyone with a legit source tell me if there is or isn't an NCAA rule that a college HAS to have a nickname?
          It certainly seems like UND can go without a nickname. Why else would North Dakota be in the final seven choices? But there hasn't been any legit source that has come out and said one way or the other.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            It certainly seems like UND can go without a nickname. Why else would North Dakota be in the final seven choices? But there hasn't been any legit source that has come out and said one way or the other.
            I feel like that's just in the final group as kind of an "F you" to the whole process. But I could be wrong.

Comment

I feel like that's just in the final group as kind of an "F you" to the whole process. But I could be wrong.
              Yes, you are wrong.

Comment

I hope it's Roughriders, only because that flies in the face of what all the PC crowd wants. A quote by Teddy:

In 1886, Roosevelt criticized the morals of Indians he had seen:
                I don't go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of ten are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth. The most vicious cowboy has more moral principle than the average Indian. Turn three hundred low families of New York into New Jersey, support them for fifty years in vicious idleness, and you will have some idea of what the Indians are. Reckless, revengeful, fiendishly cruel, they rob and murder, not the cowboys, who can take care of themselves, but the defenseless, lone settlers on the plains.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yes, you are wrong.
                  Again...nothing you have to say is believable.

Comment

Again...nothing you have to say is believable.
                    No need to be nasty... just confirming that yes, you are wrong.

Comment

No need to be nasty... just confirming that yes, you are wrong.
                      In an argument between two of the bigger idiots on this board, you've really set the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                        In an argument between two of the bigger idiots on this board, you've really set the bar.
                        This is undoubtedly the most ironic thing I'll read all day.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          You are a bigger joke than your hockey team. This is quite the accomplishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            7. Roughriders is OK...Cavalry would have been way better.
                            Because ... The cavalry, with exceptionally arrogant leadership, got their donkeys handed to them by the Sioux?????
                            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                              Because ... The cavalry, with exceptionally arrogant leadership, got their donkeys handed to them by the Sioux?????
                              Somebody will typo and the name will be calvary.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Congratulation to UND on selecting such a synergistic new name. Wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X