2015 WCHA Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 WCHA Offseason

I guess we'll wait and see if they can improve over last year's disaster, but when one of your selling points is "Freakishly Good Support" that just screams "some dude in his basement is running this company..."
    I do like the backdrop for their corporate image. I hope all Tech fans get a $1 discount on their service this season in exchange for use of the image.
    Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Interesting tidbit.
      Information on WCHA.tv subscription packages and pricing for the 2015-16 season (including full season, monthly, single day, team-specific and more) will be available in September.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        Interesting tidbit.
        I'll most likely do the full gambit. I love the fact that I can watch an eastern timezone game, followed by the end of a central, followed by an Alaska based one. Makes for a perfect Friday and Saturday night
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

WCHA Integration: Viewers can easily switch to live video of any game without leaving the portal.

Social Media Integration: Watching a game (or games!) can become a communal experience, as fans can engage with others on the portal via either WCHA or school Twitter handles.

HOOOOORAY that number one is back. No more annoying sign ins on my iPad!

And I say we need a live chat for the whole league, not just tech games. I'd be on it most weekends!
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
            Interesting tidbit.
            Nice. I can't afford to watch every game, but maybe this'll drop the price enough so I can at least catch BG games.
            BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

I expect the price to go up again, based on the other sports at Tech. http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...StretchRelease
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                I expect the price to go up again, based on the other sports at Tech. http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...StretchRelease
                I certainly hope not...$160 was enough.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm pretty sure the changes at the NCAA, including COA, are running up the cost of sports across the board, so the rise in price is expected as a result.
                  Now if UAH can beat UConn out of the gate it would really help everyone.

I'd like to know how the league did as far as profitability, given the playoffs were in Minnesota last year. Are we in a better position?
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    I certainly hope not...$160 was enough.
                    When the price of watching on the 'Net is more than showing up in person, that's out of control. You're then charging someone the cost of a season ticket with little or no overhead to generate the same revenue. I mean $15 to watch Tech football?? What do they charge at the gate now-a-days, half that much? $10 for women's soccer and volleyball... Maybe they figure the same 20 people will watch the game online whether is costs $5 or $10 so they might as well double the price. The die-hard fans might use the service, but you're not going to pick up any casual users at those prices.
                    Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

That top-end number might go up, but I'm willing to bet that lower prices are in store for team-only, etc. I think that this makes sense —*Ryan's comments about price insensitivity are relevant to the die hards that will buy the full package to try and watch everything. Those people are generally price-insensitive; people interested in, say, only UAH games will be more inclined to pick it up.

GFM <— trying to figure out how to slip the data boys downstairs $100 for the season to put the games up on our big screens at work ... although he's trying to figure out how to never work swing shift on Fridays and Saturdays during the season
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

$160 is insane. MLB.tv is $129, NHL GCL is $149, and the NCHC.tv is $89.95 a year.

IF is has to be higher than the NCHC, $100 would be an acceptable amount (at least that I would be willing to pay).
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          $160 is insane. MLB.tv is $129, NHL GCL is $149, and the NCHC.tv is $89.95 a year.

IF is has to be higher than the NCHC, $100 would be an acceptable amount (at least that I would be willing to pay).
                          MLB.tv is also a lot cheaper for monthly packages. 25 per month compared to 45 that the WCHA charged last year.

Comment

Wasn't the new WCHA commish supposed to be media savvy?

Comment

For all we know, Stretch's operating costs are low. I asked Matt Hodson at the league office if he had any timeline on cost. I haven't heard back yet, but I did ask late in the day.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                For all we know, Stretch's operating costs are low. I asked Matt Hodson at the league office if he had any timeline on cost. I haven't heard back yet, but I did ask late in the day.

GFM
                                UAA used Stretch when their webcasts were free. And it was better than that crap we were forced to buy from those other idiots the last couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                                X