Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    according to Andy Johnson, Jack Becker has committed to Wisconsin.
    Would've thought MTU had the edge after the season they had and his dad being a hockey Alum.
    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
      Would've thought MTU had the edge after the season they had and his dad being a hockey Alum.
      yeah I didn't realize his dad was an alum...too bad, I think he could have been special at MTU.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Maybe he's on the Ford plan? Get a year of D-I experience with Bucky playing the same 5 teams over and over and then come play for a winner. Kids make lots of bad decisions growing up. The smart ones realize their mistakes and eventually change.

Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

yeah I didn't realize his dad was an alum...too bad, I think he could have been special at MTU.
          Goes to show what Tech is up against. The big name schools still have that allure. From what I've read and heard, Tech was on him way before anyone else. In the end, he chose the Badgers.
          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
            His dad Russ was a decent defenseman for the Huskies back in the 1980's.
            I believe Russ donated the skating treadmill. And had a terrible shoulder when he played D. Might have even crossed paths with tMel as he left.

Comment

Could easily be that Wisconsin offered to bring him in sooner and/or give him more ice time from the get-go. At Tech, he'd probably be playing two years of juniors, then face a pretty stiff battle for ice time. The Badgers need all the scoring help they can get, pronto.

With this coaching staff, I don't view it as a massive loss. Like Mel has said before, we're interested in recruiting good players who want to play for Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Could easily be that Wisconsin offered to bring him in sooner and/or give him more ice time from the get-go. At Tech, he'd probably be playing two years of juniors, then face a pretty stiff battle for ice time. The Badgers need all the scoring help they can get, pronto.

With this coaching staff, I don't view it as a massive loss. Like Mel has said before, we're interested in recruiting good players who want to play for Tech.
                I agree with what you said in that it probably won't end up being a massive loss and I have huge faith in MTU to find players like him who want to come to Tech.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I agree with what you said in that it probably won't end up being a massive loss and I have huge faith in MTU to find players like him who want to come to Tech.

Good players everywhere. I'm sure the staff was hitting USHL camp season pretty hard the last couple of weeks.
                  Last edited by eye4talent; 06-23-2015, 12:27 PM.

—Brett Hull

Comment

Tech posted a bunch of photo of some players doing green screen video work to be used next season. The thing jersey guy noticed is that it was all done in their current white jerseys. So IMO, that pretty much closes the book on the team getting a new white jersey design this season. (They were considering replacing them before the 2014-15 season.) Two seasons in a row with nothing new... baaaahhhh. I guess if they spend the year creating a new logo and then plaster it on the jerseys, I'm willing to make the sacrifice and wait. Otherwise...

Ryan J

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      Tech posted a bunch of photo of some players doing green screen video work to be used next season. The thing jersey guy noticed is that it was all done in their current white jerseys. So IMO, that pretty much closes the book on the team getting a new white jersey design this season. (They were considering replacing them before the 2014-15 season.) Two seasons in a row with nothing new... baaaahhhh. I guess if they spend the year creating a new logo and then plaster it on the jerseys, I'm willing to make the sacrifice and wait. Otherwise...

Ryan J
                      Why would that close the door? If they ordered whites, they ordered them when I did and they don't have them yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        Why would that close the door? If they ordered whites, they ordered them when I did and they don't have them yet...
                        Any updates on when those jerseys will be done???

Comment

I just figured you wouldn't do a bunch of video work using a jersey style you do not plan to wear next season. Yes, I suppose they could be ordering a new set of the exact same jerseys, but that would be even more blah. That would pretty much say it will be at least 2-3 years before any potential changes to the home design.
                          Ryan J

Comment

I'm looking forward to getting my new jersey too. at least I'll have one. (did I mention my others were stolen? no doubt some teenager in Mexico is wearing them and getting questions about his unusual looking soccer jersey. still have a used practice jersey, but it is SO big on me - hangs almost to the ankles. Pekka was a big guy.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

A few players left that could be credited to Russell and his staff. Petan, Sturos and Eick. Petan was more of a Whitten recruit. Tyler Heinonen was initially recruited by the previous staff as well.
                              Last edited by eye4talent; 06-24-2015, 01:53 PM.

—Brett Hull

Comment

Chris Dilks has L'Esperance as one of his 5 unranked players that could get drafted this weekend.
                                http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015...erwood-jurusik

Joel L'Esperance, Right Wing, Michigan Tech(WCHA)

L'Esperance has already been passed over twice in the Draft and is in his final year of eligibility. His numbers in the USHL the two prior seasons were decent, but not impressive enough to merit being selected. But last season, L'Esperance moved on to Michigan Tech where the 6'2" 200 lbs. winger showed off his abilities as a powerful, skilled forward. He didn't play a big role on a deep Michigan Tech team this past season, but managed 17 points in 29 games, including a strong finish to the season. His role should only grow in future seasons with the Huskies and if he can become a more consistent, he has the tools to be a very good NHL player. Rather than bidding against other teams for L'Esperance as a college free agent in a few years, a team would be smart to snag him in the later rounds of the Draft and pay that small price for exclusive negotiating rights.

Comment

Working...
                                X