Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Frozen Four

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
    If Omaha is eliminated PC fans will come out of the woodwork from all over New England. If Omaha wins and play the Satin Terriers those same fans will be backing the Mavs. Years of arrogance by their former coach still lingers with a lot of us.
    At least they're not the Velvet Terriers

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      SO glad you both posted this. I was more or less yelled by someone who was aghast as to why I wasn't rooting for BC in St. Louis in 2007. And this person wasn't an alum, just thought there should be "conference support" etc. I told him they wouldn't do the same if the situation were reversed (and I wouldn't expect them to) and he didn't believe me. You just proved it, so thanks!! Of course then after the tourney I did tell a non BU person over in the cafe that I "giggled on the inside" when Michigan State scored the go-ahead goal and was then literally bullied off this site for a few month by either someone new or one of the then regulars who started a new identity who apparently took offense that I was there with BC people the whole weekend, yet had the nerve to say that. That username was banned after three days because he was reported by so many others. Because what I said was apparently incredibly offensive.
      I would root for PC. I would never root for BC. Conference support only goes so far.
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
        fyp
        Well, Barry Melrose also thought Jon Gillis was in net for PC yesterday.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          Great song.

(yes, I know it's not the same pronunciation)
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

And that Fish Gills was the best goalie in the country. He was just full of misinformation.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Younger brother of Nick?
              Last edited by Hurl82; 03-30-2015, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                If Omaha is eliminated PC fans will come out of the woodwork from all over New England. If Omaha wins and play the Satin Terriers those same fans will be backing the Mavs. Years of arrogance by their former coach still lingers with a lot of us.
                Never speak ill of Jack Parker or Jerry York. Those men are holy.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                  You get the same reaction from any college hockey fan when you bring up BC. They must gave knocked their team out somewhere along the line in the last 15+ years.
                  Just like the NFL fans hate the superb Patriots.....everyone hates the best and BC is a proven product

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                    Just like the NFL fans hate the superb Patriots.....everyone hates the best and BC is a proven product
                    one SB in a decade is hardly superb
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      one SB in a decade is hardly superb
                      When they win next year that will be 10% of all that have been played they have won

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                        When they win next year that will be 10% of all that have been played they have won
                        and still less than the stillers
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I thought so too ... guess they're just adjacent orange wedges .... (western fans on BC and BU)
                          Last edited by Slash01; 03-30-2015, 09:23 PM.
                          No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            And that Fish Gills was the best goalie in the country. He was just full of misinformation.
                            But the chicks like his hair.
                            No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Now, onto some analysis.

Let's call it impressions ...

Omaha is likely going to defeat Providence, whether P has all the audience or not. I would give 2 to 1 odds for it.

The UND and BU affair IMO is even odds. There are a number of factors that may have a bearing. Puck luck being #1, in my book.

My son in law school has a strong sense of UND beating BU, and he is seldom wrong.

Comment

I don't love nor hate 3 of the 4 schools left.

Go BU, I guess. More friends that are fans of that school than the others (which is rather strange, given my location).

It would be hilarious to see Omaha (Blais) beat UND (Hakstol) just to see SiouxSports melt down.

My guess is the winner of the BU-UND game will win it all.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X