The Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Like you would have rooted for BU anyway.... That's almost comical...
    True. But I bet I'm not the only one who is letting you move them to the PC camp.

Again, well done.

Comment

• Re: The Frozen Four

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Chickod i don't remember you being this homerish in the past but my god. I have no idea what game you were watching if you think und wasnt able to skate with bu stride for stride. Und dominated half the 2nd period with their own skating/cycking game.
      Dude, he has EYES.
      If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
        Dude, he has EYES.

https://rongeri.files.wordpress.com/...usin-vinny.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I guess i am missing something. Saying und was on same level as bu somehow means bu got lucky ir didn't deserve to win?
          Not you...but many others ARE saying that. You just haven't been reading all of the threads before and since Manchester.

Comment

A good friend of mine said to me "I don't have any idea WHY you waste your time getting all worked up on those forums." Maybe it's time I listened to him...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Most other fans hate us. They think we are arrogant and elitist.
              They're just jealous because we're all better than them.

Except for BC. They're just arrogant and elitist.

And to the BC fans that don't like it when we say "BU sucks." How about supporting us? Many of us support YOU when you're playing "out of region." I was in Albany when you beat ND and we were cheering (yes, Scarlet). It's demoralizing to go to a game and be outnumbered and outcheered, when almost the entire enrollment could have WALKED to the game. And I guarantee you the same thing will happen Saturday. BU against the world.
              I would have no expectations of a fan of a rival team to root for their rival to win a national title. I never understood rooting for your rival just because they are in your conference/division/whatever. Never made sense to me.

It's demoralizing to go to a game and be outnumbered and outcheered, when almost the entire enrollment could have WALKED to the game. And I guarantee you the same thing will happen Saturday. BU against the world. The "excuse" will be this time, well, Providence hasn't been there in 30 years so we want to support the guys who never make it there. Yeah, sure. EVERYONE who is not a BU fan will be cheering for Providence and it will be like a Providence home game (well, maybe not, because nobody goes to their games). I'm sixty years old and I was jumping up and down at my seat when we scored, while other BU fans would sit on their hands and politely clap, maybe. If they felt like exerting themselves. My question is, why do you go in the first place?
              I suspect it would have better attendance from students/recent grads if tickets weren't $400. Sure maybe you can scalp them before the game but most people see the price, decide ******* that I have to pay rent or I'm a college student on a limited budget and then go to a bar or a friends house (Harp was fairly rowdy).

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                A good friend of mine said to me "I don't have any idea WHY you waste your time getting all worked up on those forums." Maybe it's time I listened to him...
                Listen to them, my family thinks I am crazy for continuing to watch the frozen 4, but it is hockey at its best.
                I think the championship is going to be an all time great with Providence winning in OT.

Comment

... ND forwards would just keep pushing as if it were a military skirmish and they were trying to "take ground." It was stupid, because the play had ended and they did this all night.
                  You don't watch UND much, do you?

Most call it chippy, or cheap. They call it "old-fashioned hard-nosed" hockey.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    For those who were watching on TV ... did they show a slow motion of the "too many men" penalty? From my seat, yes, the BU player had just landed on the ice before he played the puck, but it also looked like the player he replaced had made it through the door about half a second earlier.
                    close. very close.
                    morin got clocked and was down, got up and slowly got to the bench. but at the end of the day it didn't matter, so mookie not sweating it
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

For those who were watching on TV ... did they show a slow motion of the "too many men" penalty? From my seat, yes, the BU player had just landed on the ice before he played the puck, but it also looked like the player he replaced had made it through the door about half a second earlier.
                      The biggest thing the officials consider (in a fraction of a second) in deciding whether or not to penalize something like this is whether or not the result of the change gave the offending team an unfair advantage. In this case, the neither the player coming off nor the player coming on played the puck or checked anyone, so it would have been a marginal call at best. I personally thought it was a legit no-call.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        The biggest thing the officials consider (in a fraction of a second) in deciding whether or not to penalize something like this is whether or not the result of the change gave the offending team an unfair advantage. In this case, the neither the player coming off nor the player coming on played the puck or checked anyone, so it would have been a marginal call at best. I personally thought it was a legit no-call.
                        Except it was called- and led to the PPG making the score 4-3.
                        BU '05, '08, '12

Comment

Originally posted by hpgunner14 View Post
                          Except it was called- and led to the PPG making the score 4-3.
                          D'OH! My bad. Was thinking of another situation that happened much earlier.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Not you...but many others ARE saying that. You just haven't been reading all of the threads before and since Manchester.
                            I just went back and went through all 21 pages of the Northeast Regional thread. There wasn't a single word or post written that suggested BU was lucky, that they had no talent, etc... Furthermore, there wasn't a single post that suggested Eichel wasn't an extremely talented player, or that he was lucky, or any of the other things you've been complaining about.

Candidly, from what I've heard and read (admittedly I don't follow most of the eastern based bloggers or threads), pretty much everyone has said Jack Eichel is extremely talented, a shoo in for the Hobey, the best player in college hockey this year, and that BU has a very good team.

I don't think you need stop getting worked up about threads. I think you need to stop imagining slights that really aren't occurring.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Rodriguez skated by Pattyn AFTER everything had kind of settled down. I think his intention was to bump him with his shoulder but then the sticks kind of got crossed and Evan got his up a little. After Evan was about 20 feet past him, Pattyn turned around and made a beeline for Evan and shoved him. It was quickly broken up. The refs threw then both off. Obviously they must have conferred, because they only SAW the retaliation (or if they saw the initial bump, then why wasn't Evan called immediately?) It was really no harm, no foul, but just a STUPID play by Evan to instigate it. After that great diving breakup of the ND guy going in alone in the 1st period, I thought that Evan was "pressing" or for whatever reason just having a bad night last night. It was a chippy game all night. At almost EVERY whistle in front of O'Connor, the ND forwards would just keep pushing as if it were a military skirmish and they were trying to "take ground." It was stupid, because the play had ended and they did this all night. So, of course, the BU defensemen would push back. ND knew that the only chance they had was to try to "intimidate" us to get us off of our rhythmatic, skating game. It wasn't even close to working until we handed them the short-handed goal.
                              The video of this was posted a few pages back. Here it is again:

http://fat.gfycat.com/RealEnchanting...nalligator.mp4

You're being very generous to Rodrigues with your description of what happened. There was no "sticks kind of got crossed". Rodrigues skates toward Pattyn and raises his stick to shoulder/neck level and leaves it there as he skates by. Pattyn pursues and just manages to get a hand on Rodrigues before getting pulled back. After breaking it up, the ref immediately points them both off. It doesn't look like the ref that made the call really saw what had happened. He was facing them but it looks like his head may have been down. To summarize, Rodrigues knew exactly what he was doing and it was kind of a bi**h move, but at the same time, wasn't a huge deal--stuff like that goes on in hockey sometimes.
                              Last edited by GrinCDXX; 04-10-2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                                I did think bu's D played better than some people are giving them credit for. Especially early in the game, they seemed to be cutting off EVERY pass ND sent into the zone and were very well-positioned and well-prepared for what ND was sending at them. O'Connor played a very good game until that brain fart. But he had to, he was under siege for the latter part of the first and most of the second.
                                The team defense was great in the first I thought. Good anticipation of passes, cutting off lanes, not giving easy entries/setups. The second period they started to stick to their guys a little too tightly and UND did a good job moving the puck and really took over the game as everyone here but chickod has noted. Still, for such a young D corps (minus #5) they are playing well.

I don't remember if they showed an actual slow-mo, but I went back on my DVR and did it myself. It was the wrong call in my opinion. Both skates of player leaving were off the ice before the entering player played the puck. The rules aren't quite that cut and dry, but in the spirit of the rule there's no reason to call it there in that situation.

E-Rod's antics still have me mad. I don't see anything suspension-worthy. It was especially dumb considering the situation and cheap, but there's no argument for intent to injure there.

And holy crap chickod, what happened to you? Seriously, what are you on?
                                Boston University 2009 Champs
                                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Working...
                                X