Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Frozen Four

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    If you listened to the ESPN broadcast, you ended up rooting against BU just to shut Buccigross and "4 college games a year makes me an expert" Melrose up.
    Bring back Gary Thorne...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      The first game was played at half-speed by two teams that looked like they were skating in slush.
      I saw one team skate circles around the other team for 60:00. I thought they were flying around the ice. Must have been watching a different game. We'll find out Saturday night.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
        OK. You say so. The first game was played at half-speed by two teams that looked like they were skating in slush. Providence IS difficult to play against, but to say they're the "Best team at the Frozen Four" is ludicrous.
        PC will try to clog up the middle of the ice and play the dump and chase game. PC in this tourney is playing their best hockey while BU has won three one goal games now. (Empty netter doesn't count). I didn't think BU played well last night at all and can be much better than that.

I know this is blasphemy but I thought Eichel had a poor game on offense. Flipped in an open net back hand, Greer scores on a bomb that Eichel passed the puck to him routinely, and the empty net goal. But whatever, buccigross thought he was the greatest hockey player in the history of the game
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Bring back Gary Thorne...
          I'd rather hear Thorne's screaming, as opposed to the excited whispers of Barry Melrose.
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

OK. You say so. The first game was played at half-speed by two teams that looked like they were skating in slush. Providence IS difficult to play against, but to say they're the "Best team at the Frozen Four" is ludicrous.
            I didn't see that, one team maybe but PC was a team on a mission. BU is the favorite for saturdays game but if it's low scoring I can see pc winning
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              I didn't see that, one team maybe but PC was a team on a mission. BU is the favorite for saturdays game but if it's low scoring I can see pc winning
              thank you captain obvious, and now to the weather
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Omaha looked slow not pc. Can't even compare the two.

Comment

To add one more persons observations. Not that it's needed, so.

Game one, to me can be summarized- Massa got UNO here. That game was almost a clinic watching the Friars play that game, but up until that first goal, it seemed as if uno got a goal, the game could tip mentally so badly, that Massa would have gotten a 60 shot shutout.

But once Providence got the one, the better team got what the TEAM showed. Uno looked tired, which they should not have.

I really like how Providence is playing, as to me, it's interesting. Especially the effort, winning the speed and puck battles all night. Their style would give my Michigan team fits all night.

Game two was fun in a very different way, as both teams played a game that I'm used to watching. Just not at that overall skill level for a few years. 😳.

BUs first goal wasn't devastating, and und stayed right with them after that. Even the late second one wasn't that bad, as I thought much of the best und play was the second period right up to BUs third goal.

Hockey being such a mental game, I have to give und a lot of credit for staying right there until the empty net goal. All of that compelling play helped keep a lot of tired people awake. 😀

Not sure what to expect tomorrow, between BUs flowing skill game to the Friars very structured game, at this level, it hopefully be interesting. As long as one team does not come out flat, which hasn't happend in the last game for a few years.

Now to tour Boston.

Comment

Oh, it was great to see other posters again.

Was hoping to run into you, fs23. It's been a few years.

Comment

Can we please just stop hearing about how great the NCHC is? The ECAC has won the last two, now this is an all Hockey East final. Omaha was just downright embarrassing, and to hear them talk, they're "even" with North Dakota and were all hyped up to play them. This isn't the 50s and 60s. The East has caught up. There is ZERO question that BU was BY FAR the more talented team. ND came as advertised...four even lines that they rolled, scrappy, gritty never give up. In a vacuum it's easy to see why you are saying they "outplayed BU for large chunks." But what you don't know, because you haven't seen every BU game, is that this happens to us almost EVERY game. We fall asleep. Do I like it? No. Did I like it tonight? No. But here are the facts: BU has seven losses...least in the country. BU has SIX overtime wins. The reality is, they win the game when they have to, and that may be the cause of some of the complacency...they play in spurts, but nobody has stopped them yet when they have to. Period. They're the best team in the country. Period.
                      Nah. You only beat UMD because of a questionable penalty that the refs decided to call late I did pick BU to win it in all my bracket contest and looks like I'm going to get some money whatever the outcome is tomorrow.

You're not going to find many fans who think the west is way better hockey than the east. It's more about which particular conference is better.

Now the NCHC is 0-3 in the Frozen Four.
                      Last edited by Biddco; 04-10-2015, 08:02 AM.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Gotta be honest, these super duper zomg the best in the country UND goalies seem to really unravel in the FFs against Boston teams. UND controlled the majority of the game and McIntyre just imploded. A mound of dirt between the pipes would have served the Sioux better than McIntyre. Lamoureux (4 vs. BC in 2007, 6 vs BC in 2008), Parise (6 GA vs. BC in 2006), now add McIntyre to the list.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          I know this is blasphemy but I thought Eichel had a poor game on offense. Flipped in an open net back hand, Greer scores on a bomb that Eichel passed the puck to him routinely, and the empty net goal. But whatever, buccigross thought he was the greatest hockey player in the history of the game
                          Blah...blah...blah... After a while we just tune it all out. I don't know what you want the guy to do. I don't understand this "crusade" to denigrate him. You'll probably be overjoyed if he doesn't win the Hobey. Whatever...he will be hoisting the only trophy that matters Saturday night. But you'll probably find a way to diminish that, too. And who cares what BucciGROSS thinks? He's a typical self-important arrogant know it all. If that's what you are reacting to, why are you wasting your time?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            I saw one team skate circles around the other team for 60:00. I thought they were flying around the ice. Must have been watching a different game. We'll find out Saturday night.
                            That's one way to look at it. What I saw was "one team" that should have stayed home. Either way, they're not going to be "skating circles" around BU.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Omaha looked slow not pc. Can't even compare the two.
                              Fine, but they were BOTH slower than either of the teams in the second game.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                thank you captain obvious, and now to the weather
                                The weather sucks, can't you do something about that
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X