Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Semi-Final April 9 BU vs Sioux (revenge for 1997)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: National Semi-Final April 9 BU vs Sioux (revenge for 1997)

Was that the game BU absolutely knocked the snot out of MI? I've not seen a college team play a more physical game.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      BU also played very physically, with lots of big hits getting the anti-Michigan portions of the crowd fired up. BU got three goals from freshmen (Greg Quebec, Albie O'Connell, and Tommi Degerman) to overcome a 1 goal deficit and hung on to stun Botterrill, Morrisson, Turco, and company.

Why Parker switched the game plan for the final against North Dakota, I'll never know, but I was not happy.....
      BU set the tone in the first minute with a hit on Morrison and a few thunderous checks by Lacouture. That game included one of the worst non-calls I've seen in college hockey, Luhning's high-stick to Shane Johnson's head at about 6:00 of the video.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR4r...ature=youtu.be
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

Why Parker switched the game plan for the final against North Dakota, I'll never know, but I was not happy.....
        REVENGE!!!!!!!! (y'all know what mookie's talkin'bout )
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Brendan Morrisson. Which led to some BU fans using a similar statement when he won the Hobey over Drury.
          More specifically, Brendan Morrison said it during his Hobey acceptance speech. And then at the national championship game the next day some North Dakota fans had a huge bed sheet sign that said something like "Hey Brendan, the team with the most goals at the end of the game is the best team!" Heh.

Comment

The following was posted by Siouxman over on ss.com:

As many of us head to Boston, some are to be introduced to the Boston area dialect. Here is an article that might help to understand that dialect:

Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.

A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.

However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analyzing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.

MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.

He very quickly concluded the cause: When crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger. They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Truck."

Just a little humor to break the stress before Thursday.

I don't know the original source--maybe it's old news to Bostonians.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              The following was posted by Siouxman over on ss.com:

As many of us head to Boston, some are to be introduced to the Boston area dialect. Here is an article that might help to understand that dialect:

Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.

A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.

However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analyzing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.

MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.

He very quickly concluded the cause: When crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger. They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Truck."

Just a little humor to break the stress before Thursday.
              This sounds like something some of the old timers here would forward to their kids
              Boston University 2014
              It's all part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander14 View Post
                This sounds like something some of the old timers here would forward to their kids
                Who are you calling "old timers?"

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander14 View Post
                  Nope. It's missing the zip file executable that Grandpa would open and unleash malware onto his computer which would then forward said chain email to all of his contacts. Then you'd call him and he'd be like "I didn't do anything, I don't know how that happened. It's just a coincidence that my computer is now unusable. BTW, that reminds me! Can you come over Thursday night to fix my computer? There is nothing going on Thursday night, right?" Why are there not laws passed against old people using technology? All it does if cause problems for the rest of us. Old people really should be required to get a license to operate computers and we should re-institute a form of debtors prison for all the old people caught using technology without a license. Life would be so much better for non-old farts if this happened.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    Nope. It's missing the zip file executable that Grandpa would open and unleash malware onto his computer which would then forward said chain email to all of his contacts. Then you'd call him and he'd be like "I didn't do anything, I don't know how that happened. It's just a coincidence that my computer is now unusable. BTW, that reminds me! Can you come over Thursday night to fix my computer? There is nothing going on Thursday night, right?" Why are there not laws passed against old people using technology? All it does if cause problems for the rest of us. Old people really should be required to get a license to operate computers and we should re-institute a form of debtors prison for all the old people caught using technology without a license. Life would be so much better for non-old farts if this happened.
                    You're probably on the Obamacare committee that decided to deny any elective surgery for people over 50, right? Have to "reduce" the world population to 500 million, you know...the "sustainable" number...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      You're probably on the Obamacare committee that decided to deny any elective surgery for people over 50, right? Have to "reduce" the world population to 500 million, you know...the "sustainable" number...
                      Correct. Think how much happier we'd all be if this was Logan's Run and we didn't have to put up with old ladies at the grocery store who still insist on paying via check.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Correct. Think how much happier we'd all be if this was Logan's Run and we didn't have to put up with old ladies at the grocery store who still insist on paying via check.
                        Oh, geez. Guess I'd better get accepted to the Bilderberg Group or else I have no chance... (and I can tell, because I'm good at reading the "expressions" behind the emails - it's a sixth sense - that you speak somewhat in jest...the problem is I don't)

...curious to see how long before this post gets deleted...
                        Last edited by chickod; 04-06-2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

old ladies at the grocery store who still insist on paying via check.
                          Brent?
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

P S D S.

What most Bostonian women have.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              P S D S.

What most Bostonian women have.
                              Years ago when our older daughter was on the Y swim team, one of her teammates asked her, "do you have PSDS?" I took me days of cogitation to decipher that--and I'm a native.

Comment

Working...
                              X