Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 World is upon us.

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
    It will be on TSN, and someone posted a TSN stream method earlier in this thread for those not in Canada.

TSN schedule on Good Friday is: (EDT)
    6:00 AM 2015 IIHF Women's World Championship: Semifinal #1
    10:00 AM 2015 IIHF Women's World Championship: Semifinal #2

Edit: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/speak13slow
    Will they be streaming the finals tomorrow? Apparently comcast no longer has Universal...

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
      Will they be streaming the finals tomorrow? Apparently comcast no longer has Universal...
      My Comcast channel lineup show Universal HD on both Channel 208 & 907. But I just checked and the game is not showing up on the channel guide. Did you read somewhere that it's supposed to be shown on Universal?
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        My Comcast channel lineup show Universal HD on both Channel 208 & 907. But I just checked and the game is not showing up on the channel guide. Did you read somewhere that it's supposed to be shown on Universal?
        The IIHF site said it was on Universal. And when I went to check what number the channel was it said go harass comcast. I know I used to have it and watched previous olympic hockey games on it.

Sorry, Universal Sports is currently unavailable through Comcast.
        Your voice counts. Call at 1-800-266-2278 and tell Comcast you want Universal Sports and access to year-round coverage of your favorite Olympic & adventure sports and athletes. After you call, double your voice and click here to tell Comcast you want Universal Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          I know I saw a couple places that the game would be on Universal. But I have Clowncast so its the ustream link for us. Interesting thing is didn't Clowncast but NBC (Universal's parent company?) How is it they don't even carry their own products? Those boys could screw up a one car funeral.

Comment

Shootout at the corral.... 4-2 after ONE. US looks strong on the PP again...Desbiens has been giving some rebounds, would not be surprised if they changed to Lacasse after the break. The Knight-Decker-Coyne line giving the Canadians fits. Knight with one of the PP goals. Poulin scored a beauty to get the canucks back in it at the end of the frame.

P.S... The pace of the game is incredible. Great to watch.
            Last edited by OnMAA; 04-04-2015, 10:02 AM. Reason: Correction. "after ONE".

Comment

I haven't seen defense this bad since Dallas Eakins' swarm system.

Comment

5-5 halfway thru....last shot wins....goaltending/defense is pathetic on both sides!!!

Comment

Tough day for UW goaltenders.

Comment

Second period in the books. Both starting goalies gone. Canada scored 3 to make it 5-5 after US dominated until about 8 minutes into the second. Right now the momentum is with Canada, but who knows how it plays out in the third. Reffing sure a lot better than the round robin contest. Refs are letting them play.
                    Last edited by OnMAA; 04-04-2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

USA wins it 7-5, took the lead late in the 3rd on a great feed from Knight to Decker.
                      Last edited by Nowheresville; 04-04-2015, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I'm going to make the bold claim that Canada's special teams need work.

And that I don't think the vets who took the year off are worried too much about the hill they need to climb to get back in. Particularly on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                          USA wins it 7-5, took the lead late in the 3rd on a great feed from Coyne to Knight to Decker.
                          FYP But that was a tremendous feed that I got to see a lot for the Blades last year. Those two work well together.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                            USA wins it 7-5, took the lead late in the 3rd on a great feed from Knight to Decker.
                            Classic quick transition game. The difference between the US and Canada, is that transition game, and the lethal US PP, versus a lacklustre Canadian PP. It was the difference between these two teams in both games.

Congrats to the US, and kudo's to the retiring Ouellette. She played a great tournament, subbing in last minute for an injured Irwin. She sure had a great career.

Comment

Canada didn't have the goaltending we've come to expect. I doubt I'll see the Canadians allow 7 goals again in my lifetime.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Canada didn't have the goaltending we've come to expect.
                                Ditto for Vetter (the first game, too) which I thought was quite surprising but this was definitely not the Vetter of the last six or seven years. Maybe the last year off has affected her play. And Desbiens is a rookie at this level being tossed into a Gold Medal Game...ordeal by fire. And Rigsby getting scored on in 23 seconds. As I mentioned, bad day for UW goaltenders.

I thought Rod Black's comment was kind of interesting. In the first period he mentioned that on 2 out of the first 3 US goals Desbiens had no chance, then he questioned whether or not she would be yanked after the first period and I don't think that he was considering that possibility as being a move by the coach in order to motivate the team. This is a very experienced sportscaster which I guess shows that in the tension of the moment in games and rivalries like this anyone is potentially subject to have their emotions affect their judgment.

Very entertaining game which can't hurt the sport even if the defence and goaltending weren't the best on both teams. Fast and exciting...TV coverage in the US would have helped spread awareness.
                                Last edited by Blackbeard; 04-04-2015, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X