X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #175: More Spring Cleaning

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Getting through security is the main reason to get to any airport at least 90 minutes before a flight. The lines at McCarron are some of the longest I've ever seen so you need to build in that time. I would never plan to be there any less than 90 minutes. Getting to Las Vegas, it's one of the nicest and easiest airports to get through. Large and easy bagage claim. The taxi line is enormous but it's like a well-oiled machine and it moves really quickly. I tell people I'm not a nervous flier. I'm an anxious traveler. I want to make sure I'm there in case there are delays or cancellations or bad weather, etc. I don't mind sitting at a gate with extra time.

Back at work - it really helped to have a three-day weekend. Still not 100% but definitely much better than I was. Now trying to dig out from a bunch of stuff and catch up on things I've missed.
    I'm the same way. 2 hours early to the airport, no exceptions. I also love to schedule longer layovers - that way if there's a delay on one of my flights I'm not totally hosed.

I can go find a bar and have an adult pop and fart around on wifi. Plus airports are Ingress goldmines. Dem unique captures yo. (Mobile phone game that uses GPS, kinda like geocaching but even nerdier.)
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

40 degrees, overcast, snow flurries and windy...

I wanted this weather for here while I was in St. Lucia, not now.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Happily, I'm flying Southwest, so it's out of the Humphrey terminal - Terminal 2. From what I remember of that terminal, everything there is much quicker than the Lindbergh terminal.
        In that case, as long as you're there 15 minutes early, you're fine.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I always try and be early to the Airport as well, generally about 2 hours prior to my flight. Which for me, includes leaving my house 3 and a half hours prior to my flight. I always try and fly out of Humphrey if I can, and then you do indeed have a little more leeway.

Sorry if it was asked before, but are any of you TSA Pre Check people?
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            are any of you TSA Pre Check people?
            Yes

Comment

I'm too lazy to go and get the pre check stuff done. Plus at pit I can go through the first class/business line which is always empty.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                Yes, and A list for Southwest too, so I basically bypass everything (ticket counter and most of security) pretty often.

Prechceck took me less than 20 minutes to fill the application out and do my interview stuff. Its worth it, IMO, if you fly a reasonable amount of times each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  kinda like geocaching but even nerdier.)
                  Unpossible
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What's the cost of TSA precheck again?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      Sort of. I have a magic employee badge.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        $50 if you're willing to go do the interview at a Canadian border crossing (NEXUS), and it's good for 5 years, at which point you simply pay again (no re-interview unless there's been a major change in your records). Otherwise, $85, but you might as well spend the extra 15 bucks on Global Entry at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          $85 for 5 years, IIRC. You'll get a Known Traveller Number upon approval, which you'll enter when you book flights.

Comment

So what I'm getting is for my 6 am flight leaving Vegas, I should be there at 4 am, F
                            Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                            Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

• Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
                              So what I'm getting is for my 6 am flight leaving Vegas, I should be there at 4 am, F
                              Dont sleep, it's Vegas.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                $50 if you're willing to go do the interview at a Canadian border crossing (NEXUS), and it's good for 5 years, at which point you simply pay again (no re-interview unless there's been a major change in your records). Otherwise, $85, but you might as well spend the extra 15 bucks on Global Entry at that point.
                                I'm considering Global Entry.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X