X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2015, Part II - Stanley Cup Playoff Race and Beyond

Meh.

Ducks player hit Crawford's glove and they scored - what comes around goes around.

Someone might want to let Kane, Toews and Sharp know that the Finals have started.

Sharp is hot garbage right now.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
      This is the type of game I was expecting from these 2 teams. High flying with scoring chances at both ends. Fun to watch for the neutral fan.
      FYP. Just a touch stressful for those with a rooting interest.

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Meh.

Ducks player hit Crawford's glove and they scored - what comes around goes around.
      This. Quite a few goals from these playoffs could be called into question if we were to go down that road.

Someone might want to let Kane, Toews and Sharp know that the Finals have started.
      And that the WCF have ended. The Bolts present a very different challenge than the Ducks; The Hawks haven't fully adapted.

Sharp is hot garbage right now.
      With regard to the pair of penalties: Four minutes was a pretty harsh result for what did -- and didn't -- transpire. In particular, there appeared to be a lot of embellishment on the "slash." Now the high stick needed to be called; Sharp is definitely accountable for that. But from a partisan point of view, the nagging feeling is that the whole sequence of events doesn't happen if the first call isn't made.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        With regard to the pair of penalties: Four minutes was a pretty harsh result for what did -- and didn't -- transpire. In particular, there appeared to be a lot of embellishment on the "slash." Now the high stick needed to be called; Sharp is definitely accountable for that. But from a partisan point of view, the nagging feeling is that the whole sequence of events doesn't happen if the first call isn't made.

And if Sharp is moving his feet instead of reaching or if he just lets the guy go, there's no opportunity for the ref to make a borderline call.

Sharp is a hot and cold player. Always has been. Historically, each playoffs, he's had one series where he is a key cog and scores several goals.

Hasn't happened yet this year.

Now would be an excellent time.

Comment

And if Sharp is moving his feet instead of reaching or if he just lets the guy go, there's no opportunity for the ref to make a borderline call.
          Agreed. Building on that, the fact that relatively few penalties had been called to that point increased the risk. Plus, on the benefit side of the equation, the value of the chop was nil. The player on the receiving end was 200 feet away from Hawk net. A bad play on many levels.

And yet... The dopey love tap directly led to four minutes of PP time and the GWG. Tampa caught a break.

Truth be told, both teams are fortunate the series is tied 1-1. Flashes of brilliance on both sides; definite imperfections on both sides. Said imperfections could have put either team in a 2-0 hole. I'll file away the road split as an equitable result. Looking forward to the Best of 5 that lies ahead.
          Last edited by pgb-ohio; 06-07-2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Am I crazy to be rooting for Bishop to be healthy enough to play tonight? The kid scares me.

I read VR Jr. might get in there tonight. Why the hell not. #4MinutesAGame Also do you put Bickell back in? Tough call.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Am I crazy to be rooting for Bishop to be healthy enough to play tonight? The kid scares me.

I read VR Jr. might get in there tonight. Why the hell not. #4MinutesAGame Also do you put Bickell back in? Tough call.

The Kid: I don't know. It's certainly happened where someone steps in and plays better than the guy they replaced, but if this Hawks team gets beat by a 20 year old rookie in the SCF It'll be more on what the Hawks don't do than what the kid does.

TVR: Yep. Cumisky just looks overmatched right now. Not sure TVR will be better, but doubt he'll be worse.

Bickell (Pickles): I'd actually like to see him back in but the only forward I want him in for is Versteeg. Versteeg looked good in game 1 but reverted to his playoffs long practice of flailing around aimlessly in game 2. Actually, Sharp could sit a game, but that won't happen.

Comment

I agree with the Sun Times: Time to split up Kane and Toews to spread things out a bit. Kane needs to crank up his game as well. (No shots in Game 2.)
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Bickell in place of Versteeg at the morning skate.

Toews Hossa Saad
                  Richards Kane Bickell
                  Vermette TT Sharp
                  Kruger Shaw Desi

Comment

Sounds like TVR is in too.

Now for their goalie...

Comment

Now for their goalie...
                      Bishop participated in morning skate, including taking shots. He then proceeded to have a "Marshawn" interview of 3 minutes where he didn't give any meaningful answers, and apologized for having to do so.

The mystery continues...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        Bishop participated in morning skate, including taking shots. He then proceeded to have a "Marshawn" interview of 3 minutes where he didn't give any meaningful answers, and apologized for having to do so.

The mystery continues...
                        I understand he had the runs during the game.
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                          I understand he had the runs during the game.

First thing we thought about as the goalie on our mite team had to leave the ice after our warmup one time. Had to pee.

Started the game without him.

Comment

Bickell in place of Versteeg at the morning skate.
                            Toews Hossa Saad
                            Richards Kane Bickell
                            Vermette TT Sharp
                            Kruger Shaw Desi
                            Wish lists fulfilled. Go Hawks.

First thing we thought about as the goalie on our mite team had to leave the ice after our warmup one time. Had to pee.

Started the game without him.
                            Of course all you told the refs and the opposing coaches was that it was a "lower body injury."

Comment

The Kid: I don't know. It's certainly happened where someone steps in and plays better than the guy they replaced, but if this Hawks team gets beat by a 20 year old rookie in the SCF It'll be more on what the Hawks don't do than what the kid does.
                              Ken Dryden was a 20-year old relatively unheralded rookie in 1971. Deja vu all over again?
                              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Helluva shot

Comment

Working...
                                X