X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2015, Part II - Stanley Cup Playoff Race and Beyond

http://deadspin.com/the-blackhawks-a...ate-1703063509

Yeah, I have to agree.

If you've heard me rant about how much I despise the Blackhawks franchise, I have to say that I'm so **** impressed with the flawless execution and defending of this team that I just have to put my hate aside and just respect them.

Unlike some of the games against the Blues, I had a hard time being too critical of the Wild in this series. Outside of the lack of sniping pointed out earlier in this thread, I don't think there's much I could do to say that the Wild played poorly this last week. Chicago was just that **** good, particularly on defense.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Yeah, I have to agree.

If you've heard me rant about how much I despise the Blackhawks franchise, I have to say that I'm so **** impressed with the flawless execution and defending of this team that I just have to put my hate aside and just respect them.

Unlike some of the games against the Blues, I had a hard time being too critical of the Wild in this series. Outside of the lack of sniping pointed out earlier in this thread, I don't think there's much I could do to say that the Wild played poorly this last week. Chicago was just that **** good, particularly on defense.
      All that being said the one team I want to lose is the Blackhawks and I'm done watching NHL hockey this season. Good luck to the rest of the squads.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        All that being said the one team I want to lose is the Blackhawks and I'm done watching NHL hockey this season. Good luck to the rest of the squads.
        Oh yeah, I still would be happier to see pretty much any other remaining team (other than probably the Ducks) win the Cup.

I'm just saying I can't hate them like I normally would, and I'd still watch their games to see if they can maintain the excellence I saw in the last week.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Yeah, I have to agree.

Yep.

Comment

This Hawks team/run reminds me a lot of the Red Wings of the 90s and into the 2000s.

I'm one of the few Hawks fans that I know of that never really hated the Wings. Tons of respect for how good they were over such a long period of time.

No surprise that the Hawks mirror them in a lot of ways as Scotty Bowman is now on the Hawks' payroll and has been for this run.

Just wait till Q retires after his third Cup this year and we hire Babcock.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              All that being said the one team I want to lose is the Blackhawks and I'm done watching NHL hockey this season.

There are a lot of vastly more important (to me) reasons that I want the Hawks to win the Cup this year, but this will be added to the list.

Comment

Per the Detroit News, Mikd Babcock will "explore the marketplace".

Look out...
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Just wait till Q retires after his third Cup this year and we hire Babcock.
                  So you can sit back and enjoy watching your team sh** the bed in the second around in back to back years only to then follow it up with a string of first round exits?

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you once WERE a Red Wings fan and this is all old hat to you.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Per the Detroit News, Mikd Babcock will "explore the marketplace".

Look out...
                    This... isn't surprising. I almost wonder if part of the circus caused their swoon late in the season. Coupled with Howard's injury in January that he never fully bounced back from. I fully expect Blashill to be the next Red Wings coach, but that discussion won't take place until (hopefully) June after the Calder Cup returns to Grand Rapids.

Goddammit I hate liking goaltenders who are injury prone (Howard & Lehtonen). It's a miracle that I don't adore Gustavsson at all.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The only way I'm rooting for the Blackhawks to lose is if Calgary advances or they play the Capitals. No way in hell I'm rooting for Anaheim...
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Per the Detroit News, Mike Babcock will "ask teams to send their blank checks to his home address".

Look out...
                        Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          No way in hell I'm rooting for Anaheim...
                          I find it almost sacrilegious that a team from a place where it never gets below freezing in winter can win an ice hockey championship.

although, to be fair, I did cheer for the Jamaican bobsled team. Actually met them. When we lived in Wyoming, our town hosted them as they prepared for the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics, they were in the community rec center quite often working out.
                          Last edited by FreshFish; 05-08-2015, 05:50 PM.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Kreider ties it up for the Rangers. 1:25 left.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

NYR: St. Louis
                              Caps: Ovechkin
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

WSH: Glencross
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X