X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NHL 2015, Part II - Stanley Cup Playoff Race and Beyond

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/03/25/chi...other-nhl-team

A right handed defenseman, eh? Get 'er done Ken Holland!!
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm glad the Wings are getting their sucktacular play out of the way before the long playoff run. If they don't choke away the playoff spot first.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        I'm glad the Wings are getting their sucktacular play out of the way before the long playoff run. If they don't choke away the playoff spot first.
        Marleau can't even tank properly. Gutless.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I was shocked, SHOCKED that neither the Sabres or the Coyotes did not pull their goalies in last night's overtime. Did they forget the rule that if the OT GWG is scored into an empty net, the losing team gets 0 points?

Shame. Shame.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            I was shocked, SHOCKED that neither the Sabres or the Coyotes did not pull their goalies in last night's overtime. Did they forget the rule that if the OT GWG is scored into an empty net, the losing team gets 0 points?

Shame. Shame.
            I thought the rule went both ways, thus if a team pulls their goalie for an extra attacker and scores they would get two points and the opponent none, and if scored upon, they get none and their opponent two.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              I thought the rule went both ways, thus if a team pulls their goalie for an extra attacker and scores they would get two points and the opponent none, and if scored upon, they get none and their opponent two.
              I'm pretty sure only the team with the extra attacker forfeits the loser point.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                I'm pretty sure only the team with the extra attacker forfeits the loser point.
                Wait, what?

What the fck are you people talking about?!
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Wait, what?

What the fck are you people talking about?!
                  84.2 Overtime – Regular-season – Extra Attacker - A team shall be allowed to pull its goalkeeper in favor of an additional skater in the overtime period. However, should that team lose the game during the time in which the goalkeeper has been removed, it would forfeit the automatic point gained in the tie at the end of regulation play, except if the goalkeeper has been removed at the call of a delayed penalty against the other team. Should the goalkeeper proceed to his bench for an extra attacker due to a delayed penalty call against the opposing team, and should the non-offending team shoot the puck directly into their own goal, the game shall be over and the team that was to be penalized declared the winner.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    84.2 Overtime – Regular-season – Extra Attacker - A team shall be allowed to pull its goalkeeper in favor of an additional skater in the overtime period. However, should that team lose the game during the time in which the goalkeeper has been removed, it would forfeit the automatic point gained in the tie at the end of regulation play, except if the goalkeeper has been removed at the call of a delayed penalty against the other team. Should the goalkeeper proceed to his bench for an extra attacker due to a delayed penalty call against the opposing team, and should the non-offending team shoot the puck directly into their own goal, the game shall be over and the team that was to be penalized declared the winner.
                    Ya learn something new every day

What is the logic behind the rule?
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      Ya learn something new every day

What is the logic behind the rule?
                      Probably to increase the chance of a shootout in the event of overtime...
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Drew Miller took a skate to the face last night.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Drew Miller took a skate to the face last night.
                          He took a skate to the god**** EYE. It's a miracle he got away with 60 stitches.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Just grabbed playoff tickets to the Lightning home games 2 and 3. They are restricting sales to Florida residents, and also banning opposing logos in a couple club areas. Now, I hope (lol?) that the Wings match up with them. Otherwise, I might fly up to Montreal. Although I'm at work until April 16th, the day after they are slated to start.

Yes, I'm a sucker for punishment.

Comment

Love this time of year.

Comment

Heard an interesting proposal for the race to the #1 draft pick.

As soon as your team is eliminated from the post season, you then start accumulating "Points After Elimination". The team with the most PAE at the end of the regular season gets the #1 draft pick. You can't tank - you have to win your way to the #1 pick.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X