Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
    Malone-Rockwood-Besse
    Soleway-Hughes-Kunin
    Ustaski-Wagner-Johnson
    Freytag-McGuire-Ford

Wittchow-Dougherty
    Schulze-Linhart
    Tischke-Davison

Jurusik
    Grunwald
    Thanks! Question: Is Freytag really viewed as a 4th liner? For some reason I thought he projected into the top 6/9.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
      Thanks! Question: Is Freytag really viewed as a 4th liner? For some reason I thought he projected into the top 6/9.
      I'd switch Ustaski and Freytag.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Cameron Hughes at the Boston Bruins development camp.

Jack Becker at the Boston Bruins development camp.

A lot of people were impressed with Hughes.

Comment

Originally posted by slasher911 View Post

A lot of people were impressed with Hughes.
          Hughes was projected a first rounder when he signed up with UW. Since he committed he hadn't really filled his frame out too much and I'm sure UW's dumpy year hurt him. He could be the steal of the draft according to some.

I think UW will be able to roll out 3 competitive lines this year and a serviceable 4 line.

I am excited to see Tischke play. He has 2 years of USHL experience and if you watch the highlights from last year he has some Ryan McD. in him. I can see him as a top 4 D guy.

Wagner-Rockwood-Besse
          Soleway-Hughes-Malone
          Ustaski-Kunin-Johnson
          Freytag-McGuire-Ford

Wittchow-Dougherty
          Schulze-Tischke
          Linhart-Davison
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
            I'd switch Ustaski and Freytag.
            That's what I was thinking.
            Originally posted by slasher911 View Post
            Hopefully he can take over 1C duties this year and perform well.
            Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Hughes was projected a first rounder when he signed up with UW. Since he committed he hadn't really filled his frame out too much and I'm sure UW's dumpy year hurt him. He could be the steal of the draft according to some.

I think UW will be able to roll out 3 competitive lines this year and a serviceable 4 line.

I am excited to see Tischke play. He has 2 years of USHL experience and if you watch the highlights from last year he has some Ryan McD. in him. I can see him as a top 4 D guy.

Wagner-Rockwood-Besse
            Soleway-Hughes-Malone
            Ustaski-Kunin-Johnson
            Freytag-McGuire-Ford

Wittchow-Dougherty
            Schulze-Tischke
            Linhart-Davison
            I agree on Hughes. I was calling for the Wild to take him in the 5th round.

Those first three lines in about year (or sooner) could be looking great.

Comment

The ice is going in at the Kohl Center....I wonder what the timetable is for Captain's practices, though they maybe in LaBahn already.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                First, I've never called anyone an idiot (at least not on this board). That stems from a poorly word interview with a frustrated coach, who was (I'll admit it ) in over his head and is no longer with the team. People raged about the comment, and that coach is now gone. Can we all agree to let that one go?

Working from my phone right now, I don't have the ability to go back and identify the people or comments that I was referencing (but I certainly can later if people insist), but the point still remains that I hold little respect for people who chose to deal with their displeasure in the current situation by simply swearing off any support for the team. Yeah, there will be decreased attendance and that will lead to decreased revenue, everyone sees that coming. You want to make a big show of your displeasure? Come to every game dressed in black from head to toe and remain completely silent and motionless from the drop of the puck to the final horn, I promise people will notice that. You don't want to spend money on tickets, come to the Kohl Center and just stand outside of the door for every game, people will notice that. Hell, have a petition and get people to sign it as they are going into the game and present that to the administration.
                If you are a fan (by my personal definition) you take meaningful action if you want to see change, you don't just **** and moan on a message board and threaten to walk away from the team.

you realize that this is entertainment. I choose what I find entertaining. I find hockey entertaining. I personally couldn't careless if we had 4 wins or 40 wins. However what I do care for is a team that is competitive. A team that can actually play. I don't want a team that will maybe bust their *** for 1 period being sandwiched in between 2 periods where I'm amazed they could tie their own skates and weren't using for a broom stick instead of a hockey stick.

you are crazy if you believe anyone on this board who doesn't renew their tickets isn't still supporting their team. while they may not attend I bet you they'll still follow online (since there will be little if any local paper support)

This is capitalism at it's finest. you give me a product that I feel is worth my time and dollars. if not I'm only going to put up with it for so long before trying to find entertainment elsewhere. For $169 (less than 1 seat) I could get NHL Game Center and watch games on my phone/computer/roku.

Comment

Dougherty has signed w/Nashville.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Preds just signed Jack Dougherty and are sending him to Portland Winter Hawks.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=775577
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                      Preds just signed Jack Dougherty and are sending him to Portland Winter Hawks.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=775577
                      Program's in good shape, eh Barry?

Comment

There's little doubt this is a direct result of how things are going at UW. Dougherty needs plenty of development time yet before he'll have a legit chance at the show
                        University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

wonder if I can email JK and ask for a refund on my 15-16 tickets.

probably get an email back saying:

Yes

JK

ON WISCONSIN!!

JK

Comment

Maybe it's selective memory on my part, but when I came to school here in the late 80's, men's hockey was the only team sport that was realistically competing for national titles. Now I'm not sure there is a Badger program farther off than them.

Comment

Never before have I thought so much about Bowling Green hockey in any particular summer. If Mike Eaves were magically granted Scotty Bowman caliber coaching abilities, he would still need to go, because there's only so much an amazing coach can do when he can't attract recruits. (The magical granting of coaching abilities would be kept secret in this thought experiment.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                                Maybe it's selective memory on my part, but when I came to school here in the late 80's, men's hockey was the only team sport that was realistically competing for national titles. Now I'm not sure there is a Badger program farther off than them.
                                Exactly. The state of the Wisconsin hockey program is so far south of Jeff Sauer's nadir moment that I cannot fathom how they'll return to prominence.

**** Mike Eaves. I know that's juvenile but I needed to type that.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X