Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
    Just fire Eaves now and BEG Don Granato/Oz to come be head coach.
    Absolutely. That's the ONLY option I see to get on the winning track (and that would take 3-4 years I think just to get consistently at or over .500) and somewhat please a fan base that has eroded to the point where there will be like 3,000 people in the stands this coming season
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Message I got today from a former player: "How in the hell has eaves kept his job through this mess? Theres not one happy alum and I witnessed that last weekend when everyone was back"

"First time ever Eaves did not show up on the UW sponsored hole at the KK golf outing. Over 100 alums there too. It's embarrassing"
      Looks like Burish, Gilbert, McMurchy and more (guys who played for Eaves and guys who played for Johnson or Sauer) need to march into the AD department and this time offer their heartfelt opinions that Eaves has to go or the AD can expect them to stop donating time and money to Wisconsin Hockey, period.

I'll say it now. I'd take Jeff Sauer over Eaves today w/out even having to ponder it for a second.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
        Sorry if I should know this, but based on the current roster, who is the likely starting goalie this year?
        Adam Miller is my guess. Gabe Grunwald would be the other option.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Adam Miller is my guess. Gabe Grunwald would be the other option.
          Grunwald would be the starting goaltender.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
            Grunwald would be the starting goaltender.
            I was thinking they should go with the best goalie, then I remembered that it really isn't going to matter who's in net. Just rotate them, get them both experience and see what they can do in under game pressure.

This situation is exactly why you have no choice but to fire the whole coaching staff after a 4 win season.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Message I got today from a former player: "How in the hell has eaves kept his job through this mess? Theres not one happy alum and I witnessed that last weekend when everyone was back"
              This is really telling to me.

Comment

Winning 4 this season may be pie-in-the-sky at this point.

As much as this fiasco is on Eaves, and it is, it's more so on the AD who has been asleep at the wheel.

Just paying a slight bit of attention to a sport that at one point could at least probably support itself could/would have headed off what now will likely be a lengthy rebuilding process on the ice and a lengthier rebuilding process in the stands.

Comment

I mean, this is scorched earth stuff now.

Even if you bring a new coach in tomorrow, his recruits won't even be on campus for 2-4 years.

**** off Barry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Even if you bring a new coach in tomorrow, his recruits won't even be on campus for 2-4 years.

**** off Barry.
                    Can you or somebody post the emails we should bomb? I have no shame and will send them to everybody, and will email them every single day from my 3 email accounts. **** it. As you say, this is scorched earth territory. And I was always an Eaves advocate.

Comment

**** off Barry.
                      Well said. Alvarez needs to go as well

Comment

**** off Barry.
                        I'd like to think that a new coach will be able to get more from the average players than Eaves, but I'm not sure that any average players will even be left in a season.

I feel bad for any fools who decided to renew their tickets, this is going to be one very LONG depressing season.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          Well said. Alvarez needs to go as well
                          We all know that he won't, though

The dumpster fire continues
                          Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 07-02-2015, 06:56 AM.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                            Can you or somebody post the emails we should bomb? I have no shame and will send them to everybody, and will email them every single day from my 3 email accounts. **** it. As you say, this is scorched earth territory. And I was always an Eaves advocate.
                            Start here......Jason W. King [JWK@athletics.wisc.edu] He's the assistant AD in charge of both men's and women's hockey. They don't list BA's email on the UW site, or not at least since I looked for it last year. The other bad thing is now the focus is on finding a BB coach, this will push hockey even further into the deep dark back corner's of BA's mind. It going to be a blast watching the power struggle between Bo and BA over Gard.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                              I'd like to think that a new coach will be able to get more from the average players than Eaves, but I'm not sure that any average players will even be left in a season.

I feel bad for any fools who decided to renew their tickets, this is going to be one very LONG depressing season.
                              I am one of those. Gave up Friday, but kept Saturday. This year is going to suck huge.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

BA will hopefully be exposed for what he is during the process to replace Bo. People need to forget about him being the football coach and look at what he has done during his current job. His pride and joy program has had 2 coaches leave in the middle of the night during the season in the last 3 years.

I don't blame the goalie kid for bolting to the OHL. He needs to look out for himself, I feel like he may have had some doubts and a short talk with the Blues front office confirmed it.

Most coaches would have stepped down by now, I feel Eaves ego is just to massive to do such a thing. His ego is probably the likely reason for this mess to begin with.

This season will not be lacking in the entertainment value, it is just all the wrong kind.

The dark days are upon us, hopefully we are near rock bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                X