Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
    anyone else catch the twitter debate about eliminating the WCHA and AHC auto bids beacuse those conferences on typical year dont deserve it.. SMH.
    Sounds like a great way to have a bunch of programs drop from offering hockey. Once the number of schools participating grows the tournament should go back to offering two autobids to each conference. One for the conference champion and one for the tournament champion.
    RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
      anyone else catch the twitter debate about eliminating the WCHA and AHC auto bids beacuse those conferences on typical year dont deserve it.. SMH.
      Let me guess...all written by fans of teams that lose to AHA and WCHA teams and have their dreams crushed, yeah those teams deserve it more! All you got to do is win and you don't have to worry about those WCHA, BTHC and AHC teams!
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        I believe you misspelled BTHC here.
        +1
        UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          Let me guess...all written by fans of teams that lose to AHA and WCHA teams and have their dreams crushed, yeah those teams deserve it more! All you got to do is win and you don't have to worry about those WCHA, BTHC and AHC teams!
          It was said by Ryan Lambert who is known to say things to as click-bait for puck daddy. I wouldn't mind it too much. He's and advanced stats guy that only uses the numbers when it fits his already decided upon conclusion. He got what he was looking for in people talking about it....by the way he's saying now that he was being 80% facetious. Not worth your time worrying about it.
          Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
            Harvard fan here.

Harvard rides into the tournament on very much a hot streak, and the healthiest the team has been in months. Harvard was ranked #1 in the PWR on Jan 1st, going 10-1-2, including wins at BU, BC, and Lowell (ranked #4 at the time).

Then the injury bug hit and Harvard lost four significant players: Alex Kerfoot (#1 Center), Sean Malone (#2 Center), Patrick McNally (Top Defenseman). Colin Blackwell had already been out for most of the season with concussion issues.

Harvard struggled through Jan and Feb big time and dropped to as low as #21 in the PWR. Guys slowly started to come back and Harvard has regained the form it had in the first half of the year.

they love playing with space (does South Bend have a big sheet?).
            South Bend ice is 200 x 90 I believe. Also, you really think you are going to get space? Most likely not.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I noticed that the Mezzaine level is higher prices for Notre Dame Season Ticket holders..better view? Amenities? Any insight from the locals?
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                It was said by Ryan Lambert who is known to say things to as click-bait for puck daddy. I wouldn't mind it too much. He's and advanced stats guy that only uses the numbers when it fits his already decided upon conclusion. He got what he was looking for in people talking about it....by the way he's saying now that he was being 80% facetious. Not worth your time worrying about it.
                I imagine that he was and true, if he got people talking, that can be some good reads.

My focus is on the four teams playing in this regional and how they will fare this coming weekend.

While I'm only 1 hour from Cambridge, I only caught a BU game this season and my trip to see the Tigers play Bentley was canceled by of all things, another freaking snow storm! To the winners go the spoils so hopefully those going to the games will see some good action and tight games.
                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
                  +1
                  +2

Comment

Originally posted by IronMonkee View Post
                    Red cows vs purple cows is okay in this context. I'd pay money to hear it called that way.
                    Here's to hoping the mascots in the final can be slightly more "exotic".
                    RIT Tiger Hockey
                    Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

I don't see where anyone recapped RIT so here goes.

The big line to watch is the Matt Garbowsky, Brad McGowan, and Josh Mitchell line - aka the MGM line. This line has provided a lot of the scoring for RIT. Matt Garbowsky was the Atlantic Hockey player of the year and defensive forward of the year. Getting secondary scoring from the forwards has been spotty, as has the power play. However, the defense has been much improved from the beginning of the year. They are lead by Alexander Kuquali and the Norish twins Brady and Chase. Brady Norish made the All Atlantic Hockey Rookie team. Jordan Ruby and Mike Rotolo split time in net, as neither was consistant. While Rotolo won the last 3 games of the regular season, he was injured in practice, and Ruby took over. All Ruby did was hold the competition to 6 goals for the tournament (3 games where he held teams to 1).

Keys for RIT wins: Will someone step up from outside the MGM line to score? Andrew Miller and Caleb Cameron could be keys here. The power play HAS to produce. The defense has to keep the pressure off Ruby. The Tigers have been very good on penalty kills, but I don't think you want to tempt fate much with this caliber of team.
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
                        Here's to hoping the mascots in the final can be slightly more "exotic".
                        I'd pay good money if you can come up with a mascot more exotic than a purple cow...

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                          I'd pay good money if you can come up with a mascot more exotic than a purple cow...
                          Brilliant.
                          RIT Tiger Hockey
                          Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

you can have bull fights between the two mascots

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              I noticed that the Mezzaine level is higher prices for Notre Dame Season Ticket holders..better view? Amenities? Any insight from the locals?
                              If they are Club level (O'Briens) it includes food and cash bar. Generally $60 per ticket during regular season. These are the only mezzanine seats between blue lines.

If any one is looking, I have 4 tickets to the NCAA Midwest Regional in South Bend. The tickets will be for the entire session - both games Saturday and the regional final on Sunday.
                              Tickets are located in Section 22 Row 1 & 2 . Two seats on the glass and the two seats directly behind them in row 2. Selling on eBay at cost.
                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/NCAA-Hockey-.../321704280246?

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                                Mezzanine seats are very good. Great views. Same amenities as other seats unless, as mentioned, seats are in O'Brien's (which I doubt are made available as season ticket holders have to pay 2 arms and a leg for those). If the seats in the "boxes" for O'Brien's are available, I highly doubt the pub will be open and serving.

To be honest, there isn't a bad seat in the rink. Good sight lines all around. Save your money. Get the cheapest seats possible and you can likely have your pick of where you really want to sit...
                                "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Working...
                                X