Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional: North Dakota, Michigan Tech, St. Cloud State, Quinnipiac

Originally posted by HawkeyHuskyFan View Post
    You'd be a poor travel agent only based on the fact that there is no Wendy's nearby... The rest of your statement is reasonable
    They got rid of that Wendy's?? I guess I haven't been in Houghton in like 8 years...
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Um, back then the Gophers fell victim to, "east coast bias" as much as every one else.
      Are you familiar with the Clarkson Rule? If you won both your regular season and conference tournament title you got one of the four byes.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        They got rid of that Wendy's?? I guess I haven't been in Houghton in like 8 years...
        There never has been a Wendy's in Houghton.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          There never has been a Wendy's in Houghton.
          Yup. Closest has always been the one in Iron Mountain or the one in Marquette.
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Are you familiar with the Clarkson Rule? If you won both your regular season and conference tournament title you got one of the four byes.
            Yes I am, and it has nothing to do with back room shenanigans which was the concept being discussed.
            Last edited by Slap Shot; 04-02-2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Yes I am, and it has nothing to do with back room shenanigans which was the concept being discussed.
              Okay.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                Visiting teams can get hotels in Marquette and bus up for game time. They can also dress in the locker rooms at Dee Stadium and then bus to the rink with their skate guards in place. Visting fans can sleep in their cars at the SDC (charged two days parking). All part of the home ice advantage in my opinion. The NCAA better be careful what they wish for... because they'll get it.
                Ryan J
                Almost sounds like a Futile Four site
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                  They did (do?) have 4 Subways, though. And in the past couple years they even got an Applebee's!

/IgotoHoughtontoomuch
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    They did (do?) have 4 Subways, though. And in the past couple years they even got an Applebee's!

/IgotoHoughtontoomuch
                    And an Arby's! Or is that closed too?

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                      And an Arby's! Or is that closed too?
                      I don't have knowledge of an Arby's, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                      X