Northeast Regional: Boston University, Yale, UMD, Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CLS View Post
    Didn'the miss anything. Minny scored and got the SOG total closer, but the game was never in doubt.
    Can't believe all that drafted talent and they chit the bed year after year... Amazing
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
      It is hard to keep people in an arena for 7-8 hours in a row.
      That is a significant part of the problem. I am attending in Providence tomorrow and do not relish the thought of seven hours in the arena. I will likely enter halfway through the first game, if at all. I might just show up for game two. I have never enjoyed being held hostage at a regional nor the Frozen Four for that matter. Break it up and let us out between games.

Comment

• Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
        Why can't regionals be in cities that give a ****.
        Check out Manchester's history hosting regionals. It has consistently had high attendance. Unfortunately UNH not being there and a 2pm Friday game did not help this year. FWIW, have you watched the men's basketball tourney this year? Plenty of empty seats from what I've seen on tv.
        Last edited by scoreboard; 03-27-2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Re: Northeast Regional: Boston University, Yale, UMD, Minnesota

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          True, but it likely would have been better with a different game time. I know of at least 15 tickets not sold because of the workday game time. The people I go to games with can't have been the only one in the same boat.
          I too can think of 4-5 people off the top of my head who couldn't come today because of the start time. And that's without really making an effort to find out who could make it. BU crowd was just fine, Yale was lighter than I expected. Manchester is not a regional site that has problems. Of course the night game was empty, two western teams who maybe had 750 combined fans there if that, and a game that was a snoozefest and obviously over within 10-15 minutes. A BU-Yale game out west as a nightcap would likely be the same. I expect attendance tomorrow to be improved, at least on the BU side.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
            Good point. The game has a small fan base, schedule the games after work.
            Precisely. Not to mention the parking situation in Manchester today was an abject disaster because of the workers who commute and park in city lots, they were all packed to the brim. Traffic around the arena was horrendous too. Why they put these games at 2/5 on a Friday is beyond me, much less the 2:00 game being the two teams supposedly driving attendance at the location.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Why punish the teams that make said regional
              Yeah, Portland is so horrible. Attendance sucks almost everywhere now......time to give the good folks in Maine a chance to show their interest in college hockey. Someone must be afraid that it actually might be successful.......???

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                Yeah, Portland is so horrible. Attendance sucks almost everywhere now......time to give the good folks in Maine a chance to show their interest in college hockey. Someone must be afraid that it actually might be successful.......???
                Then make a bid and guarantee the NCAA some friggin $$$$$ already

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  Precisely. Not to mention the parking situation in Manchester today was an abject disaster because of the workers who commute and park in city lots, they were all packed to the brim. Traffic around the arena was horrendous too. Why they put these games at 2/5 on a Friday is beyond me, much less the 2:00 game being the two teams supposedly driving attendance at the location.
                  Huh?
                  Mookie parked on the street behind the rink. $6 in the meter.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                    I mean, I'd go, but why move it even further away from one of your main bases of fans/schools that consistently make it? Of course if Maine's in it'll sell out, but let's be honest, the odds of that happening of late aren't good. Portland probably would do fairly well, but again, why doublet he distance from Boston and in the opposite direction of southern New England/western Mass when you don't need to? Manchester has consistently performed well, it's the NCAA's fault for scheduling these two games at ridiculous times and putting only one team with an actual fanbase there, and making them play at 2:00 in the afternoon on a work day! Manchester, Worcester, Bridgeport, and Providence aren't the problems. It's the absurd western sites like Grand Rapids, Toledo, Green Bay, and Fort Wayne that consistently are atrocities no matter what time or day the teams play.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                      Did they renovate the civic center? My memory is that it was pretty tired.... Although I have not been in there in years.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Huh?
                        Mookie parked on the street behind the rink. $6 in the meter.
                        Two friends couldn't find parking for over half an hour, and a Gopher fan behind me in the bathroom line said he was circling for over an hour trying to find a spot. Even showing up an hour-plus before puck drop, a garage over half a mile away was 99% full. I passed two garages within a few blocks of the arena that had full signs out front.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          I mean, I'd go, but why move it even further away from one of your main bases of fans/schools that consistently make it? Of course if Maine's in it'll sell out, but let's be honest, the odds of that happening of late aren't good. Portland probably would do fairly well, but again, why doublet he distance from Boston and in the opposite direction of southern New England/western Mass when you don't need to? Manchester has consistently performed well, it's the NCAA's fault for scheduling these two games at ridiculous times and putting only one team with an actual fanbase there, and making them play at 2:00 in the afternoon on a work day! Manchester, Worcester, Bridgeport, and Providence aren't the problems. It's the absurd western sites like Grand Rapids, Toledo, Green Bay, and Fort Wayne that consistently are atrocities no matter what time or day the teams play.
                          Yeah.....let's keep giving it to the same 'ole, same 'ole.......interest is waning everywhere.......game times, ticket prices, participating teams.......blah blah blah. They will be going to campus sites eventually anyway.......so it won't even matter and then Maine can host if they are good enough to be a top seed.

Comment

Seeing UMD today they looked like the best team BU will play so far this year. Unless Minn was just that bad. A lot of speed and energy. Goalie looked like he had good fundamentals . All that concern about the bracket didn't matter as BU was scheduled to play UMD in most scenarios and that's the matchup.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              I parked downtown near Margarita's for six bucks and they forgot to charge me after the games! No issues with me
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                                Seeing UMD today they looked like the best team BU will play so far this year. Unless Minn was just that bad. A lot of speed and energy. Goalie looked like he had good fundamentals . All that concern about the bracket didn't matter as BU was scheduled to play UMD in most scenarios and that's the matchup.
                                Duluth struggled for like the first five minutes, they just turned it on and dominated the rest of the first and second...the Gophers just never showed up on Friday and Duluth is a scrappy bunch
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X