Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Offseason 2015: It's not rebuilding anymore

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
    Thanks for putting this in perspective. Makes sense. The icing to the cake is probably the travel which I assume is much more than college hockey - and it all adds up.
    THIS!

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Especially for his team. Newfoundland is about as far east as you can get. They must fly for every road trip and its an hour and a half time difference from the rest of the east coast. Next season would be even worse because they would need to travel all the way to California for games however I believe there is a franchise swap and the current roster will play in Winnipeg as the AHL affiliate and Montreal will take over as the St. John's parent club.
    They fly but tey also bus between other places- ie they fly to one place and then bus if the next game is close. Lots of travel right after a game to the next place

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      I was told it'll be Lowell, Northeastern, Brown, and Colgate in this tournament.
      From the Boston Herald.

A press conference has been tentatively set for 10 a.m. this Friday during Frozen Four weekend to tub-thump the proposed four-team 'Festival of Ice Hockey Tournament' in Belfast, Northern Ireland, to be played next Nov. 27-29, that includes the Huskies and River Hawks.
      http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c...st_next_season

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Of course, they list guys who played locally and also for Belfast like the Hemingways from UNH and Colin Shields from Maine. Who'd they forget? Bobby Robins.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Having made the NCAAs three straight years, it really sucks so hard that the year the FF is in Boston, we didn't get the chance to play there.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I have to admit I am hockeyed out right now. ::hangs head in shame::

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              I have to admit I am hockeyed out right now. ::hangs head in shame::
              I could have lived with one more weekend (this one).
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                I could have lived with one more weekend (this one).
                True. I will get excited if {PROVICID!1!1!!!!! stays in it. I have to work thru that game. Will be pseudo watching the 2nd game as I work from home.

Comment

Having made the NCAAs three straight years, it really sucks so hard that the year the FF is in Boston, we didn't get the chance to play there.
                  yeah... but realize that we're right in thinking "hey, we should be there". Well, not totally right but I'd like to think a fighting chance. Better than having it close and a million miles away.

Besides, Cigar City is in Tampa.

edit: heck, I was just thinking beer... if the brewery is any indication to Tampa's cigar reputation then you'll be happy... long season until that happens, if it does.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

PC to the Championship game... 4-1 with 30 seconds left.
                    Monty

Comment

• Re: UML Offseason 2015: It's not rebuilding anymore

Good for PC. I will be cheering them for them on Saturday night.

How bad is the ESPN coverage? Apart from all the talk about Eichel, during a very good game, they cut to some crappy Max Kellerman (sp) show the instant the PC/UNO game finished. ESPN blows.
                      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Hmmm, a HE final....?

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin donnelly View Post
                          Hmmm, a HE final....?
                          Nope

Comment

• Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                            Good for PC. I will be cheering them for them on Saturday night.

How bad is the ESPN coverage? Apart from all the talk about Eichel, during a very good game, they cut to some crappy Max Kellerman (sp) show the instant the PC/UNO game finished. ESPN blows.
                            They were butchering Gillies name and Noel Arrciari is a redshirt junior not a senior
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              They were butchering Gillies name and Noel Arrciari is a redshirt junior not a senior
                              Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the crap coverage from ESPN. This will happen as long the NCAA bundles the basketball/football coverage into the broadcast agreement with ESPN.
                              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

very interesting that Gillies hasn't brought home the bacon until now... I suppose its the right time to do it. He's a senior, yes?

edit: to that end, for those seeing the news, I'm fine and at home.
                                Last edited by Patman; 04-09-2015, 07:54 PM.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X