• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Offseason 2015: It's not rebuilding anymore

Article from Rochester about Amlong.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      So ... who are Lowell fans thinking win the whole thing this year? Does Eichel finish off his perfect season?
      weird to say it, but I'm going with THE Minnesota State University, Mankato.

Comment

nerd solidarity... I want to see Tech in the frozen four... whatever else happens happens.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          nerd solidarity... I want to see Tech in the frozen four... whatever else happens happens.
          THis!

Comment

Goophers down by 3

Stinks not to be in it but so much more relaxed

Comment

I figure Lowell's final loss can be to the team that eventually wins the national championship. Or maybe that team loses the championship game. I don't know. I'm still mourning the end of UML's season. Moving on isn't my strength.
              Last edited by kevin donnelly; 03-27-2015, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin donnelly View Post
                I figure Lowell's final loss can be to the team that eventually wins the national championship. Or maybe that team loses the championship game. I don't know. I'm still mourning the end of UML's season. Moving on isn't my strength.
                Some are on the "hockey east champs good for hockey east"... I'm sort of the opposite in that I don't like seeing others continue to get ahead because I feel like it displaces our (limited) chances.

All I know is any time i think NCAA this weekend I'm thinking "party" and then going "oh, right".
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Happy Birthday bottomdweller!

Comment

http://www.bcinterruption.com/ncaa-t...ks-frozen-four

Comment

I'm trying to forget that article.

ScottK posted this on the 2015-2016 schedule thread.
                      Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      I've been told that UMass-Lowell will likely be making a weekend trip to Duluth at the end of October.
                      I talked to some UMD people yesterday and they also said Lowell will visit Duluth next season. They also mentioned the Bulldogs will visit Lowell in 2016-2017.

Comment

Woah, that Lowell sun article is as embarassing as it gets but Grant and Joe need to get some of their own facts straight. Providence DID lose to Umass this season and Lowell hung only FIVE banners last year.
                        Last edited by Middle Street; 03-28-2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Happy Birthday bottomdweller!
                          Happy Birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            I talked to some UMD people yesterday and they also said Lowell will visit Duluth next season. They also mentioned the Bulldogs will visit Lowell in 2016-2017.
                            That's great news. I'd love to visit that new arena they have. I've got to imagine Duluth is a tough place to get to though.

I hope the NC schedule has more opponents like UMD. Before this season started I thought lowell had the perfect schedule because the tornament seedings could lead them to play Union and Minnesota if they got past the Atlantic Hockey teams in the opening round. That obviously didn't happen and those wins against Uconn and Merrimack didn't end up helping much. Don't get me wrong, no guarantee they would have beaten Union or Minnesota, however they were playing well during that stretch and wins against better NC teams might have gotten them in the tourney.

Is the Big 10 challenge continuing next season? I wonder if we'll play Minnesota, Wisconsin or Ohio State next season.
                            Last edited by Middle Street; 03-28-2015, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              That's great news. I'd love to visit that new arena they have. I've got to imagine Deluth is a tough place to get to though.
                              I asked the same question. They said it's a little over a two hour drive from Minneapolis (MSP). Duluth also has an airport. I'm sure there are some Lowell fans that have made the trip before that could comment on how easy it is to get to.

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              I hope the NC schedule has more opponents like UMD. Before this season started I thought lowell had the perfect schedule because the tournament seedings could lead them to play Union and Minnesota if they got past the Atlantic Hockey teams in the opening round. That obviously didn't happen and those wins against Uconn and Merrimack didn't end up helping much. Don't get me wrong, no guarantee they would have beaten Union or Minnesota, however they were playing well during that stretch and wins against better NC teams might have gotten them in the tourney.

Is the Big 10 challenge continuing next season? I wonder if we'll play Minnesota, Wisconsin or Ohio State next season.
                              I'm not sure about the challenge but I do hope they are able to keep getting Big10 teams on the schedule.

Comment

I asked the same question. They said it's a little over a two hour drive from Minneapolis (MSP). Duluth also has an airport. I'm sure there are some Lowell fans that have made the trip before that could comment on how easy it is to get to.
                                Last time, I flew into Minneapolis then drove. It's about 2.5 hours up I-35, but a fairly easy drive. Assuming I make the trip this fall, I'll likely do the same thing.

I'm not sure about the challenge but I do hope they are able to keep getting Big10 teams on the schedule.
                                The initial copy of the schedule that I saw had no Big10 teams next season. But, it wasn't anywhere close to a final schedule yet.
                                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X