Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by altazo View Post
    Adrian over Amherst.

Point is night-and-day more disciplined and better all around since Coach Brooks arrived, but I still think it would be a lock down defensive style team that would give them the most problems, a la Amherst. Adrian seems very determined this season (except for that night up in Hancock) and they are sooo dangerous with their offensive chances. I've also really become a Shackell fan. He uses his size well and I actually like that he's kinda a flopper. He may not be the most technically sound but I have seem him make some tremendous saves this season, and equally as important, they have come at huge points in games.
    Is Shackell the front runner for the Sid Watson? I gotta believe so.

Comment

Re: Who's going to win it all?

I have to disagree on Shackell. If Adrian has a small chink in the armor, I think it is net. I am not ripping on Shackell as I think he is good, not great. Certainly not Sid Watson MVP of D3 when he did not receive MVP of NCHA.
      SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

A stat for me last night - Dogs had fewer penalty minutes than the Lakers. Didn't see that coming....
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Amherst. I want to be different.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
            Is Shackell the front runner for the Sid Watson? I gotta believe so.
            I think St. Thomas' Drew Fielding is the front runner to win the Player of the Year award.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Bantams over Lord Jeffs in all NESCAC final in Minny. Adrian looks like favorite, but Trin-Trin stuffed Platts with great D/goalie and speed.

Comment

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
                Bantams over Lord Jeffs in all NESCAC final in Minny. Adrian looks like favorite, but Trin-Trin stuffed Platts with great D/goalie and speed.
                No disrespect to what Trinity did last night, but in attempt to NOT start a word war Plattsburgh is NOT Adrian...and I will leave it at that...Trinity looked good last night but part of that had to do with the opponent as well...

(look familiar)?

Comment

Originally posted by llama View Post
                  No disrespect to what Trinity did last night, but in attempt to NOT start a word war Plattsburgh is NOT Adrian...and I will leave it at that...Trinity looked good last night but part of that had to do with the opponent as well...

(look familiar)?
                  As a Plattsburgh fan, I'm not going to argue with that. Trinity played a great game plan last night, and it worked against the Plattsburgh offense... But, as Oswego learned last night, it isn't going to be that easy doing the same thing to Adrian...
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                  SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                  ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                  NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                  NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                  NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                  NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

No disrespect towards Trinity intended. They have a nice team. But they were clearly outplayed by Plattsburgh last night everywhere except the scoreboard. They were the recipient of tons of fortunate bounces, timely Card turnovers, a gift home game and beaucoup puck-luck. In a 7 game set, that might have been their only win. But it doesn't matter, it is what it is. I have picked Stevens Point since the beginning, sticking with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cards81 View Post
                      No disrespect towards Trinity intended. They have a nice team. But they were clearly outplayed by Plattsburgh last night everywhere except the scoreboard. They were the recipient of tons of fortunate bounces, timely Card turnovers, a gift home game and beaucoup puck-luck. In a 7 game set, that might have been their only win. But it doesn't matter, it is what it is. I have picked Stevens Point since the beginning, sticking with it.
                      Anytime someone says no disrespect and then follows up "but" is completely disingenuous. You have a bad case of sour grapes. A 5-1 score does not indicate a team was completely outplayed who scored the 5. Maybe those "timely Card turnovers" were forced by the Bantams. Maybe the "fortunate bounces" were because of hard work and good coaching. Maybe.....well you get my drift.

Comment

Adrian
                        LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastBias View Post
                          Anytime someone says no disrespect and then follows up "but" is completely disingenuous.
                          I disagree. When someone says "no disrespect" or "with all due respect", you then can say whatever you want! It's in the Geneva Convention, look it up
                          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Adrian...I don't know if Trinity can withstand another 70 shot attempt game and only give up 1 goal. I think Adrian has to many finishers. Trinity plays with heart. Should be a great game. I just think it's time for the Bulldogs..
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Yo....

Comment

Originally posted by Cards81 View Post
                                Well said fella. I have no pick now.

Comment

Working...
                                X