Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH: What to expect in 2015

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
    You can thank the crowd to Erik and Kristin White, Taylor's parents.....they sold about 250 tix! And held a tailgating get together before the game....interesting what can be done when the care and interest are there....awesome job! Also keep in mind that Homecoming did have a few extra folks on campus.....
    It's always about the extra care and interest.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
      You can thank the crowd to Erik and Kristin White, Taylor's parents.....they sold about 250 tix! And held a tailgating get together before the game....interesting what can be done when the care and interest are there....awesome job! Also keep in mind that Homecoming did have a few extra folks on campus.....
      Actually, it was around 310 tickets. It was good to see the Litter Box quite crowded. I counted 90 plus students, though the resident trumpeter/cheer starter was missing.

Nice big video boards and it never occurred to me to look up at it.

Comment

A nasty bug was running through my household and kicking my *ss Friday night. I did hear a cowbell over the audio stream.

That said, the trumpet and signage may be more infrequent this year, as I will be toting along the little Wildcat and his gear more often.
        Last edited by freak; 10-05-2015, 07:00 PM.
        113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

This team can't buy a break.

1-0 lead and carrying play. Then a UNH Dman pokes the puck away from Vilma trying to cover it on the pp and it goes right to a Lindenwood player. Then a deflection off A UNH stick in front pops it over her shoulder. Then in complete collapse, Lindenwood pots number 3. Go into the locker room down 3-1. Ugh.
          113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

On a separate note...is Kashman hurt?
            113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
              On a separate note...is Kashman hurt?
              Yup. Injured herself in off-season training just before the first practice.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                Well, Miss or Mrs. Pelletier , like a team that only lost 3 of their top 10 scorers and 1 important D to graduation and has 4 known strong recruits coming in. I would expect them to be better next season - close to .500 would be an early projection.
                With little scoring and a suspect D at this point, might have to rethink .500.
                113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                  With little scoring and a suspect D at this point, might have to rethink .500.
                  I wouldn't say the D is suspect, as they are much improved over last season. They are faster, move the puck better, and don't look like turnstiles when the other team rushes the puck.

The issue has been an inability to finish, and defensive lapses by the forwards.

They are a young team. Once the newbies get their poop together they will be alright. However, I think that will take some time and as you have noted, 500 is not likely attainable this season.
                  Last edited by Hux; 10-11-2015, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Upset Sunday!

Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      Upset Sunday!

Yeah, I heard that Skarupa might get a little bonus if BC only wins by 4 goals instead of 5.
                      113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

I'm sure they thought they'd have 2 or 3 wins by now and certainly at least 1 at the worst. Rough start to the season. Hopefully they'll find a way to win. Is team defence the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                          Is team defence the problem?
                          They've scored five goals in five games and once this weekend. So there's that.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            They've scored five goals in five games and once this weekend. So there's that.
                            Tough to win when you're not getting the job done at either end of the ice.

Comment

On a separate note, near as I can tell, Coach Mac is conspicuously absent from the pregame highlight video on the new jumbotron. I mean, it's not like he accomplished anything during his tenure, so I guess it makes sense.
                              113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

If you go and read the UNH men's thread, you'd see how annoyed the posters are over there with the men's 1-2 start.....mentioned in one of the posts is their slow start the last 2 years.....I mention this because obviously, our Ladies have started slow as well, just as they did last year.....while I'm not one to make excuses, it is only fair to keep in mind that this is just the second year of a totally new system and with due respect to Coach Jones, a new staff.....if you've watched this season's games, it's easy to be disappointed.....think how the players feel with their frustration .....however before we all play Monday Critic, keep in mind we've outshot everyone but BC and that was fairly even, BC 30-26....of course I, like everyone have some suggestions, but to be honest, I do think that as the team hits the road for long road trips the next 2 weekends, I think it will help them get better acquainted and become more of a team.....obviously their opponent in.Clarkson, will be formidable but that can only help us.....so despite our inpatience, let's stay behind our Wildcats and hope that Coach Witt and Coach Jones right the ship and get our Ladies playing as a team, focusing their game and enjoying the reason they put on the Wildcat jersey!

Comment

Working...
                                X