X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2014-15 season threat III - Jasmine gets to see us 4 more times

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself it's borderline unfair in the old days Parker could have lobbied his way out of that matchup
    After more reading, it's either BC or Harvard in whichever bracket we end up in. Would you really rather face Harvard?
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Great interview with #9 from CHN's Joe Meloni
      Yeeeeaahhhh - I posted that last night. Jeez Rogie, do you have me on ignore???

Good morning all. After sleeping on it and getting over my initial annoyance and stress over BC being in our bracket, I've relaxed a bit and now if they're there, they're there. I don't think I'd like them in a different bracket and have them win, have us win, and then have us meet them at the FF. That could be the death of me. It's just further proof that all the pearl clutching and hand wringing from up the end of Comm Ave about how awful a season they're having is laughable.

After a quick viewing in other threads, it does seem like the crowds for our tournament were the highest of all six of them. Some of the other attendance number are kind of frightening they're so low. Wonder why that is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
        After more reading, it's either BC or Harvard in whichever bracket we end up in. Would you really rather face Harvard?
        Harvard scares me more than BC.

Comment

Congrats you guys good luck the rest of the way!
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            After a quick viewing in other threads, it does seem like the crowds for our tournament were the highest of all six of them. Some of the other attendance number are kind of frightening they're so low. Wonder why that is?
            Probably because we're really the best conference in the nation. Or we're the most compact, with everything driveable except ND. Either way, it's HEA and I'm glad we have it that way.

Nice job last night. Best of luck to you going forward.
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Agreed it being compact certainly helps but it's facing some of the issues other sports are.

I can stay home and watch all the games (hockey, basketball, etc) for a fraction of the price. And if your team is already in the tournament, you're going to be shelling out outrageous prices in a week anyways.

Comment

For all those who remember 2009, remind me: When was BU playing in the Manchester semifinal? It was the second game, if I'm not mistaken. That was a 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. in Manchester on a Saturday, with a Sunday final, correct?
                ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Yes. Don't you remember - ESPNU had a regular season college lacrosse game that went, like, 7 OTs and pre-empted coverage of an NCAA tournament game. That was ridiculous.

Comment

Some class from USCHO foes. Always nice to see. Now get the **** out if our thread!

defkit, I could kiss you. Micro managed replay is killing sports. I hate it. And yes, I'm fine with a few "wrong" calls. Don't even get me started on baseball replay.

Much better effort last night. Especially the first line and the D. BUT, a few glaring errors in their own end that need to be cleaned up. All three Lowell goals are on the D. OC was awesome. That glove save... Mercy. I was really impressed with Lowell. They played a strong, properly desperate game. They deserve a tournament spot, but you pay for your mid season sins I guess.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Oh! I meant to bring this up here last night before I was totally distracted with the potential NCAA seedings discussion...

How on earth does a Notre Dame player make the All Tournament Team?? I got the UNH player. UNH actually played at the Garden. Has a player ever made the All Tournament Team that didn't make it to the Conference Championship? There had to have been one or two Lowell players that should have taken that kid's spot. I'm not trying to disparage Notre Dame. I saw them play. They have some really good players. But their season ended weeks ago. He had that amazing of a series?? It was bad enough Evan Rodrigues got screwed out of a HE First Team spot, but this? I'm not sure how that even happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Yes. Don't you remember - ESPNU had a regular season college lacrosse game that went, like, 7 OTs and pre-empted coverage of an NCAA tournament game. That was ridiculous.
                        Wasn't that the nodak UNH game that UNH tied w like .5 secs left?
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          Wasn't that the nodak UNH game that UNH tied w like .5 secs left?
                          That was the game before BU's game, but I'm not sure that was the game that was pre-empted.

I thought the pre-empted game was in the midwest. Cornell-NU, maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                            That was the game before BU's game, but I'm not sure that was the game that was pre-empted.

I thought the pre-empted game was in the midwest. Cornell-NU, maybe?
                            It was the UNH -Dakota game that UNH tied it up with .3 seconds to go

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              Ok, now I have a bone to pick with the refs/rulebook. Since when has reviewing a goal for an offsides been possible? Nevermind the fact that in this case, the play was so close that nobody could know for certain until it was slowed down to a frame-by-frame with close-ups. In the past, you could never review a goal to see if the play was offsides or not. In this case the linesman was right there, and made a clear call that he thought is was onside.

Here is where I have a problem with it. The goal was scored probably 5 seconds after the puck was brought into the zone. What would have happened if BU passed it around a few times and scored 20 seconds after it came into the zone. To take it a step further, how about if they brought it in on a play that ultimately upon review was offsides, but then it came out of the zone, they brought it back in (clearly onside this time) and then scored. Can they go back to the first time it was brought in the zone? It doesn't seem logical to be able to review something and wave off a goal if it wasn't a direct impact on the goal going in (e.g. knocked in by a high stick, in after the whistle, goalie interference).

So when did the rule change, and how does it read?

I know that one of the goals against UNH was apparently also being reviewed and I was just as upset, even though it was not waved off (it was onside by a mile).
                              I'm fine with reviews, but it seems to me that way too many goals are reviewed. It must have averaged one or two per game just for BU goals. Some of them I couldn't even imagine what they were reviewing. That review against UNH on Friday was outrageous. It was very clear live that the player was not in the crease. On a similar note, after the goaltender interference call last night I think they really need to review how they call that penalty. My understanding is that the area outside the crease does not belong to the goalie. If a player is skating in front of the net watching the play and runs into the goalie because the goalie is 2 feet outside of the crease I really don't see how that's goaltender interference. My last gripe is not showing replays. I've accepted that Agganis won't show replays of most penalties or any reviewed goals, but the garden always did. I don't understand the reasoning behind it, but not showing the replay does not prevent the crowd from getting rowdy about the call. It's just another reason so stay at home and watch the game on tv where they'll show the replay over and over and offer analysis. Oh yeah and the beers. $10 for a ******** beer. Are you kidding me? It's no wonder only about 200 students showed up. Oh and getting stuck between stops underground on the T for 45 minutes certainly doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Some class from USCHO foes. Always nice to see. Now get the **** out if our thread!
                                *lights fire*
                                *pitches tent*
                                *whips out harmonica*
                                *roasts hot dogs*

I ain't going nowhere
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X